Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Who has the most power in the Democrat party? Hillary, Billy, Teddy, Nancy, George Soros? In addition to who has the most power, who do the politicians fear the most? Is it George Soros? Is Hillary is his pocket? Is Obama in his pocket? How far is George Soros from buying the presidential election?

    The person with the most power in the Republican party, does he come close to having the power of George Soros? Can he buy the presidential election?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Who has the most power in the Democrat party? Hillary, Billy, Teddy, Nancy, George Soros? In addition to who has the most power, who do the politicians fear the most? Is it George Soros? Is Hillary is his pocket? Is Obama in his pocket? How far is George Soros from buying the presidential election?

    The person with the most power in the Republican party, does he come close to having the power of George Soros? Can he buy the presidential election?
    Oh god Ben...do you really want to go there? Geesh, after Rupert Murdoch and his right-wing propaganda machine helped buy two GOP elections in a row now I hope to god your paranoia about Soros pans out. Seriously...it would be nice if the Dems could actually buy and/or steal themselves a Presidential election for once.

    Both parties are beholdant to special interest. Shall we talk about that in more depth or do you want to just read the indictments to learn more?
  3.    #3  
    Sure we can go there. However, are you denying the power Soros has? Murdoch has influence; however, nothing like Soros. If a democrat bad mouths Soros, the moveon.org machine goes after that person in a very public manner.

    As for Murdoch, no slime, that cannot be said for Soros.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Sure we can go there. However, are you denying the power Soros has? Murdoch has influence; however, nothing like Soros. If a democrat bad mouths Soros, the moveon.org machine goes after that person in a very public manner.

    As for Murdoch, no slime, that cannot be said for Soros.
    This will be a battle of opinions only and we're clearly on different pages with respect to either of these guys. Rupert has created a right-wing media juggernaut and absolutely helped immeasurably in getting Repubs elected. I don't doubt Soros can affect the outcome of an election to some degree but to what degree since he doesn't own the media/communication channels that Rupert has...does he?

    Media consolidation has no doubt helped Republicans more than the Democrats but overall I think has adversely impacted our once "free" press. So if you're unhappy with the tabloid journalism news we all get crammed down our throats and lousy coverage of anything of substance, you need not look too much further than ginormous media conglomerates and the politicians that saw fit to allow such consolidating.
    Last edited by moderateinny; 09/22/2007 at 07:54 PM.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    This will be a battle of opinions only and we're clearly on different pages with respect to either of these guys. Rupert has created a right-wing media juggernaut and absolutely helped immeasurably in getting Repubs elected. I don't doubt Soros can affect the outcome of an election to some degree but to what degree since he doesn't own the media/communication channels that Rupert has...does he?

    Media consolidation has no doubt helped Republicans more than the Democrats but overall I think has adversely impacted our once "free" press. So if you're unhappy with the tabloid journalism news we all get crammed down our throats and lousy coverage of anything of substance, you need not look too much further than ginormous media conglomerates and the politicians that saw fit to allow such consolidating.
    Thanks for accurately portraying the media consolidation. And, beyond Murdoch, almost to a universal level, media is owned by conservatives. Michael Powell's political gift to them is/was unconscionable in a democracy. We're sacrificing our core principles of Free Press to form a ******* child of market manipulations and political favoritism while we whistle past the graveyard of our values.
  6.    #6  
    Conservative talk radio and media is as powerful as it is because it appeals to to more people in more situations than liberal radio. If liberal radio were to address the public as conservative radio does, then it would have done better. Al Fanklin's presentation just did not hit it off. I listened for a while and did not find it of any interest. Never a discussion or presenting presenting the "other" side and that cannot be said about conservative talk radio. There are many conservative hosts who have controversial figures on and do it well. In addition, there are "liberals" who refuse to come on these shows because tough questions as asked. Never did that happen on Air America. Never.

    I listen to conservative radio not for the conservative message, but for the information presented. When a liberal is on, I listen closely to what is said. Had Air America used this format, I would have listened to it. Air America did not. Does not.

    In addition, conservative radio does not make a habit of slamming as hard as liberal radio. I am sure if you have listened to Air America, it did its share of slamming hard.

    As for power, look at the money behind Soros and what his intention is. His intention is to socialize this country at its own expense, not his. His money is off shore. What happens here only makes him money. Socialize this country while he keeps his money.

    As for the media in general, television wise, other than Fox, what other conservative networks are there? NBC? CBS? ABC? CNN? All of these are to the left, especially NBC. The newspapers? The Times? Media is not owned by conservatives.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Media is not owned by conservatives.
    You know not of what you speak.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Thanks for accurately portraying the media consolidation. And, beyond Murdoch, almost to a universal level, media is owned by conservatives. Michael Powell's political gift to them is/was unconscionable in a democracy. We're sacrificing our core principles of Free Press to form a ******* child of market manipulations and political favoritism while we whistle past the graveyard of our values.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    This will be a battle of opinions only and we're clearly on different pages with respect to either of these guys. Rupert has created a right-wing media juggernaut and absolutely helped immeasurably in getting Repubs elected. I don't doubt Soros can affect the outcome of an election to some degree but to what degree since he doesn't own the media/communication channels that Rupert has...does he?

    Media consolidation has no doubt helped Republicans more than the Democrats but overall I think has adversely impacted our once "free" press. So if you're unhappy with the tabloid journalism news we all get crammed down our throats and lousy coverage of anything of substance, you need not look too much further than ginormous media conglomerates and the politicians that saw fit to allow such consolidating.


    both you guys have it exactly right.

    One of the things I never understood was why Clinton -- who I clearly like -- accepted the consolidation of big media. He's a very smart sophsticated guy -- he should have foreseen the right wing Ministry of Truth that eventually evolved.

    BTW -- Some of you might not recall that Murdoch's feux news wasabout to be strangled in its crib by Time/Warner --- which wouldn't allow it onto its cable roster and into NY (which was VERY important to feux and Murdoch).

    NYC's mayor koch -- who had been supported by Murdoch's NY Post, compelled Time/Warner to relent. Without a NY presence, a new network could not get advertising, demogragraphics, or visibility required to become national.
    Last edited by BARYE; 09/23/2007 at 04:44 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Conservative talk radio and media is as powerful as it is because it appeals to to more people in more situations than liberal radio. If liberal radio were to address the public as conservative radio does, then it would have done better.
    Hmmm...I wasn't a big fan of Air America, anymore than I am conservative talk radio, but it seems to me Air America had a pretty big hill to climb since they didn't have the pockets backing them that conservative talk radio does.

    Al Fanklin's presentation just did not hit it off. I listened for a while and did not find it of any interest.
    I didn't listen either but it had more to do with some of the other hosts they had like Janeane Garofalo - who I think is so extreme at times does more harm to progressive thinking than good.

    Never a discussion or presenting presenting the "other" side and that cannot be said about conservative talk radio.
    No instead you could say that conservative talk radio "pretends" to present the other side but in actuality they twist and distort the facts to make their conservative points resonate louder with listeners like you that believe their crap.

    There are many conservative hosts who have controversial figures on and do it well. In addition, there are "liberals" who refuse to come on these shows because tough questions as asked.
    Or...maybe they won't come on because they know bullies like Bill O and Rush won't let you debate fairly anyway? Bill O regularly hangs on up callers when he starts to lose a battle.

    Never did that happen on Air America. Never.
    OK. I never listened so I wouldn't know. You said you didn't either though...so I have to wonder how you know?

    I listen to conservative radio not for the conservative message, but for the information presented. When a liberal is on, I listen closely to what is said.
    You listen closely to hear what is presented or how well they are ambushed and not allowed to respond?

    Had Air America used this format, I would have listened to it. Air America did not. Does not.
    My god you got a thing for Air America. Any other examples of the "liberal" media who you care to reference?

    In addition, conservative radio does not make a habit of slamming as hard as liberal radio. I am sure if you have listened to Air America, it did its share of slamming hard.
    OK - got it on Air America. But I just couldn't disagree with you more regarding conservative radio "not slamming". WHAT A FRIGGIN JOKE! Right wing talk radio hosts like Rush Limbaugh practically foams at the mouth spewing his utter BS.

    As for power, look at the money behind Soros and what his intention is. His intention is to socialize this country at its own expense, not his.
    You can't be serious? Let me get this straight. You have it on good authority that George Soros intends to make our country a socialist state and he'll use his vast wealth to execute this master evil plan?

    His money is off shore. What happens here only makes him money. Socialize this country while he keeps his money.
    You say that as though a vast majority of corporations, many owned by conservatives, don't have off-shore companies set up in the Cayman Islands. But putting that aside, lets get back to your delusional theory that he wants to socialize America with his money - that he makes here but keeps off-shore. This is very interesting...please do enlighten us on this subject and as usual, I'll ask that you back it with specifics.

    As for the media in general, television wise, other than Fox, what other conservative networks are there? NBC? CBS? ABC? CNN? All of these are to the left, especially NBC. The newspapers? The Times? Media is not owned by conservatives.
    I disagree. They have all decided to overcompensate to appease the right and in doing so have degraded a hallmark of our democracy. The right has screamed and continues to scream about the "liberal" media yet I've yet to see any empirical evidence that supports their claim that the "liberal" media is in fact liberal.

    Personally I find the site www.mediamatters.org to be quite insightful with respect to monitoring right-wing spin in the media.
    Last edited by moderateinny; 09/23/2007 at 04:32 PM.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    OK. I never listended so I wouldn't know. You said you didn't either though...so I have to wonder how you know?
    Reverend Rush told him.

Posting Permissions