View Poll Results: What did you think of the finale?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

9 36.00%
  • 4/5

7 28.00%
  • 3/5

4 16.00%
  • 2/5

4 16.00%
  • 1/5

1 4.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What did you guys think of it? I thought it was pretty good. I was slightly dissapointed at the ending because there wasn't more on their return. However I loved all the neat technology shown and the special effects were top rate.
    -Vincent
    Originally posted by Vinny
    What did you guys think of it? I thought it was pretty good. I was slightly dissapointed at the ending because there wasn't more on their return. However I loved all the neat technology shown and the special effects were top rate.
    Hey us West Coaster's are still watching so don't reveal anything juicing here yet!
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  3.    #3  
    Oops! Didn't think about that Sorry
    -Vincent
    Originally posted by Vinny
    Oops! Didn't think about that Sorry
    OK, now with the possible exception of Hawaii and Alaska:

I loved it

but will hold comments until tomorrow out of possibly offending the "true left coasters".
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    I loved it too, I digitally recorded it to two Video CD's for future playback (minus the commercial breaks)..
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams
    I'm not a Voyager fan, so I didn't watch. Was it a happy ending? Did the crew make it back to Federation space or are they still stuck on the other side of the galaxy? Anyone die?
    I got it taped to.. just to a VHS

I thought it was cool, and the twists were all so cool in the plot, but for m the two biggest problems was

1) Whenever Star Trek plays with time, it really palys with my mind.. It all really confuses me

2) THEY DIDN'T SHOW THE CELEBRATIONS!!! I've been waiting for 6 years, to see fake news broadcasts, to see crowds cheering, and insteadI see a fleet of 20+ ships.. no people That really disapointed me .

I loves how they camen out of the cube at the end, that was so cool! The queen dieing was a bit gross.. but

I'll miss my fair old Voyager, it was the best star trek seris ever made. So much science, so little war

makes ms sad..

TO THE JOURNEY!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Would anyone mind telling me what happened? For some reason, my cable provider doesn't give us the WB.
    Originally posted by miradu2000

2) THEY DIDN'T SHOW THE CELEBRATIONS!!! I've been waiting for 6 years, to see fake news broadcasts, to see crowds cheering, and insteadI see a fleet of 20+ ships.. no people That really disapointed me .
    I thought it was great as well. Personally, I enjoyed seeing the queen get her just desserts.

I too was hoping for a welcome home celebration. I thought that they should have shown the celebration in the background as the credits rolled past.
    Donate Blood!!!
    Visit here to see how: America's Blood Centers
    Originally posted by Thunderbird291
    Would anyone mind telling me what happened? For some reason, my cable provider doesn't give us the WB.
    Voyager makes it back after 23 years and you see most of the crew celebrating a 10 year reunion.

Janeway goes back in time, as an Admiral, and returns to Voyager in the Delta Quandrant to expedite (change the timeline) of Voyager's return. She provides new technology to herself, to defeat the Borg which are concentrated around a Nebula that contains one of 6 TransWarp Portals in the known Universe.

In a deception move, Admiral Janeway enters into the Portal with her futuristic ship that has stealth technology and manages to get to the Borg home world where the "Queen" of the hive is located. Pulls a deception move (introduces a lethal pathagen into the Queen) on the Queen which enables Voyager to return to the Alpha Quandrant via a Trans Warp Conduit and destroying the enire portal.

During the conduit trip, a Sphere - not a cube is redirected toward's voyager and actually envelopes Voyager just before entering the Alpha Quandrant, which has had a distortion thus causing the Federation to sent the Fleet in anticipation of a Borg attack. The Sphere emmerges from the distortion and the fleet attacks and eventually Voyager destroys the Sphere from the inside and thus they are back home 7 years after their mission began.

And, Chekotah and 7 of 9 are a couple. Paris and Belana's baby is born just as they return. The rest of the time that occured in the first half hour of the show is therefore defunct and they have left the door wide open for even the possibility of the Borg Queen returning etc etc etc.

Had to bee there!
    Moose Man
    Plus the Federation has all those cool 'toys' from the future to play with. Should give them an edge in their timeline, too bad it's ended, it just got really interesting! A crew presumed lost, a ship equipped with some advanced top secret technology, but not too much to make it easy, in a Federation besieged by Cardassians, Romulans, Klingons, Borg, and Politicians willing to compromise Federation ideals for short-term gain. Sounds perfect for a covert task force handling the tough situations where the Federation can't win by negotiation and is not willing to compromise values and debate right and wrong verses public opinion and convenience. Since the crew was presumed lost, there would be no questions, no security leaks, no loose ends, no security leaks.

Imagine this ending...
    Voyager returns and the Federation hides the fact, shuffles them off to an abandoned planet, and gives them a secret mission. Promising to announce their return after 'just this one' mission is done.

Could be movie material???
    Originally posted by Pathdoc
    I too was hoping for a welcome home celebration. I thought that they should have shown the celebration in the background as the credits rolled past.
    I may be in the minority, but I kind of liked how they didn't celebrate at the end. I think they were more "stunned" that the plan actually worked, and that's why everyone on board was sitting there so quietly. Janeway's "It will be in my report" sounded like she needed more time to let it sink in that they were actually home. Besides, at the beginning, they showed a little of how the homecoming was the first time around (after 23 years in the Delta Quadrant) - with all the fireworks and cheering.

Overall, I enjoyed it. My only problem is the same one I've had with Voyager for a long time - they take forever to set everything up and then give you all the action in the last 10 minutes.

Hmmm... I wonder if the Captain Janeway will get in trouble because Admiral Janeway violated the Temporal Prime Directive.
    < g >

---------------------------------
    Attitudes are contagious... Is YOURS worth catching?
    I was going to tape it since I had something to do. But I FORGOT TO TAPE IT!! I should've entered it as a 'To Do' on my Visor.

Thanks RSGMOOSE for the summary. Now lets see if I can find somebody who taped it. Wish me luck!
    Who wants to bet that the Borg queen appears in the new series "Enterprise". Or atleast some one from the TNG era.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by Sideway
    I was going to tape it since I had something to do. But I FORGOT TO TAPE IT!! I should've entered it as a 'To Do' on my Visor.
    I had it in my Datebook as an "appointment", with an alarm that reminded me 5 minutes ahead of time to stop what I was doing and plant myself in front of the TV.

Originally posted by mikedemo
    Who wants to bet that the Borg queen appears in the new series "Enterprise". Or atleast some one from the TNG era.
    That would mess up the time line. Enterprise is supposed to take place pre-Kirk. I don't think the Borg knew about Earth and/or The Federation until Q sent TNG's Enterprise-D way off in unknown (for the Federation) space.
    I enjoyed it (although I missed the first 15 minutes). Time travel episodes usually leave me a bit cold, as did this one. But the action was decent and I enjoy episodes with the Borg.

I did think the end was sort of abrupt - another five minutes of celebrations would have been a nice conclusion - Harry Kim seeing his parents, Tuvok seeing his wife and kids, Adm. Paris meeting his new daughter-in-law and granddaughter - that sort of thing.

I'm just glad they are rolling out the new series this fall - too much time without a ST series on the air would cause me to go into withdrawl.
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    Possibly with the writers, but I'm assuming that "Enterprise" will be possibly before the original series timeline. This could get convoluted.

I'd bet she might show up in the next movie due out this fall with the Enterprise E crowd though. I don't attempt to keep up with the timelines too much though as long as I'm entertained as I was last night.

Moose Man
    Originally posted by VTL
    I enjoyed it (although I missed the first 15 minutes). Time travel episodes usually leave me a bit cold, as did this one. But the action was decent and I enjoy episodes with the Borg.

I did think the end was sort of abrupt - another five minutes of celebrations would have been a nice conclusion - Harry Kim seeing his parents, Tuvok seeing his wife and kids, Adm. Paris meeting his new daughter-in-law and granddaughter - that sort of thing.

I'm just glad they are rolling out the new series this fall - too much time without a ST series on the air would cause me to go into withdrawl.
    Room for all of that in the first Voyager movie, don't you think!
    Moose Man
    Originally posted by RSGMOOSE

Possibly with the writers, but I'm assuming that "Enterprise" will be possibly before the original series timeline. This could get convoluted.

I'd bet she might show up in the next movie due out this fall with the Enterprise E crowd though. I don't attempt to keep up with the timelines too much though as long as I'm entertained as I was last night.

I really doubt that we will see the Borg in the new series as it takes place around the founding of the Federation and is 100+ years before Kirk and company. From what I've read, it is going to have a NASA kind of feel and transporters are brand new technology. More likely to see the first encounters with Romulans and Klingons. (Which I think will be really cool) The question is, what will the Klingons look like Old Trek or New?

As for the new Next Generation movie, I doubt we will see the Borg there either. The Romulans are supposed to play a major role in Star Trek X, along with a Kahn class bad guy for Picard to go up against. (It is unknown if the Kahn class villan will be Romulan though)

You can find more information on both at www.startrek.com
    Sven

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
    Having the Borg appear in the new series will require some interesting (implausible may be a better word) plot devices. They first appeared in TNG (as I recall, due to "Q" getting irritated at the Federation's perceived arrogance and arranging a "get-together"), and Picard and crew had plainly never heard of them before. If the new crew runs into them, they will either have to lose their memory or have some other reason not to tell Star Fleet Command about the encounter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast