View Poll Results: What did you think of the finale?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

9 36.00%
  • 4/5

7 28.00%
  • 3/5

4 16.00%
  • 2/5

4 16.00%
  • 1/5

1 4.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    I prefer more space-based action such as First Contact rather than the planet-based action of Insurrection. That is why I prefer FC over Insurrection.
    -Vincent
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    Insurrection was basically meant to be an action move. I liked it.
    Insurrection seemed to me to be an extended, movie-quality episode of the Next Generation series.
    Nothing wrong with that, of course.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Originally posted by Yorick

Insurrection seemed to me to be an extended, movie-quality episode of the Next Generation series.
    Nothing wrong with that, of course.
    Had a real problem with the "Joystick popping out of the floor" scene durning the "Riker Manuver" in "Insurrection." I felt that it really cheapened the movie. I loved the rest of it though. Really looking forward to STX, which features a "Kahn class" bad guy for Picard and the Romulans. Now there's some potential!
    Sven

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
    I don't care who's in it and what it's about - you put "Star Trek" in the title, and I'm going to watch it. Unfortunately, Paramount knows this.

(BTW, I also liked Insurrection.)
    "Attitudes are contagious... Is YOURS worth catching?"
    Originally posted by narnia_77
    I don't care who's in it and what it's about - you put "Star Trek" in the title, and I'm going to watch it. Unfortunately, Paramount knows this.
    LOL!
    I used to be like that too.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  6.    #46  
    Originally posted by sdoersam

Had a real problem with the "Joystick popping out of the floor" scene durning the "Riker Manuver" in "Insurrection." I felt that it really cheapened the movie.
    How so? I thought it was pretty plausible. Even with all the electronics of their time I'm sure they still have emergency manual controls. It may not neccesarily have been neccesary for Riker to use them, but he may have felt more competent with them. I did not think it cheapened the movie.
    -Vincent
    I liked most of the Voyager finale, but it felt too much like "All Good Things..." and had a pitiful ending. I want to see how 7 fits in on Earth. What happens to the Doctor? Does he pick something else besides "Joe?" You can throw away all the celebration at the beginning because it doesn't happen.

After it was over, my wife and I sat in silence for a moment, then I turned to her and said, "that really sucked."

Pity too, as the old Janeway was how the young one should have been the entire series.

Oh, how I miss TNG and DS9.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Originally posted by Vinny

How so? I thought it was pretty plausible. Even with all the electronics of their time I'm sure they still have emergency manual controls.
    Actually, that is part of the point. All of the controls I have seen so far on ST are electronic. How would you "manually" control the impulse engines? As far as I can tell, everything is "fly by wire" Besides, supposedly the "panel" controls are more responsive and intuitive than the joystick, otherwise they would still be using joystick controls as the regular controls. As for Ryker feeling more confident with them, I suppose that is possible, but considering this is the first time I have ever seen a joystick on an ST show, I don't find it probable. I personally think Ryker (who directed the movie, and who's real name I can't remember right now) and the writers added it in as a sight gag. Anyway, not a big deal, just my opinion.
    Sven

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123