Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can anyone recommend a good one so I can watch a few DVDs on an MP3 player or even a phone? I did find one called DVD Rip Factory(or Rip Master) 8.0.2.1, but haven't tested it yet.

I also have Winamp Pro and Media Monkey. Either of these rip and encode DVDs? Or even iTunes for that matter?

Thanks for any info you can give me!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good one so I can watch a few DVDs on an MP3 player or even a phone? I did find one called DVD Rip Factory(or Rip Master) 8.0.2.1, but haven't tested it yet.

I also have Winamp Pro and Media Monkey. Either of these rip and encode DVDs? Or even iTunes for that matter?

Thanks for any info you can give me!
    I trialled a few a ways back

Lenogo's DVD to Ipod converter was very nice and easy

as was Kinoma Producer

vemode (free) and MagicDVDRipper werent bad either.

havent tried the others you mention,

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!

MP4 works on others besides iPod, like Zune and Creative(the newer one), right?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Thanks!

no idea! my experience of the gadget universe is of the minimalist type (the old HP100/Zire/650)

good luck, no harm trying
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    will any of those retain the subtitles or captioning of a movie while converting?
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    will any of those retain the subtitles or captioning of a movie while converting?
    Good question. I can only remember doing one miniaturisation of a sub-titled movie, the old French classic "Les enfants du Paradis", and the sub-titles were not only retained but actually readable on the Treo, to my surprise. The starting point was not a DVD however, but a large Mpeg or AVI file. I cant remember which app I used to do the shrinking, but probably Lenogo's.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    DVD Shrink and DVD decrypter are incredible.

Super is also a good encoder.
    CloneDVDMobile
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    CloneDVDMobile from Slysoft is nice. No muss no fuss, easy interface.
    I just bought CloneDVDMobile and I can say it works very smoothly. I've used Pinnacle's Mobile DVD Convertor, PocketDVD, SmartMovie (for Palm), DVD Ripper, and one other I can't recall, and CloneDVDMobile was the simplest and kept the audio/video sync issues away. Plus add AnyDVD from the same company and you don't have to worry about some of the newer DVD's that won't let you encode them.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Originally posted by cadman:

How do you use DVD Shrink for mobile devices?
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for the replies everyone!!!

Try fairuse: http://www.fairusewizard.com/lang_en/

It's great and it's free
    (I specify 220~250MB per DVD for my Treo/SD card and it looks great (TCPMP)! Can use OGG or MP3 for audio portion - I use ogg for really good sound)

And it can retain subtitles too! - though hard to read on Treo (lol!)

Just search here with 'fairuse' for other opinions
    Thanks!

vemode is decent..and yep the new creative zen plays mp4 (plus xvid wmv etc excepting ogg)
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post

Def....but you can only use these to rip the DVD (rather than switch formats). But one you do you can use Super to convert it..also check out VirtualDub thought hast may be too complex for what you're asking for PhoneDiva. An all in one like FairUse might be the ticket!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post

How do you use DVD Shrink for mobile devices?
    I thought to get the movies onto the treo, not from the treo. My bad.
    I thought to get the movies onto the treo, not from the treo. My bad.
    You're correct. I'm simply not tech savy. I know how to use DVD Shrink to copy my DVD and have a backup, but that's all I do with it. I hear that others delete subtitles and all kinds of nifty things, like you're mentioning about the Treo. I use IC2, but first I have to put things in a format that IC2 can read. If you have a way to use shrink, give me a link to the site with the explanation or pm me.
    Try SUPER.
    now you know, it is illegal (for USA citizens and companies) to break the encryption on a dvd, and it may even be illegal to tell someone how to do it.

but from what i have read/saw, i think the slysoft stuff is the way to go. no they arent free, but they work and are supported. or so im told.

and hey, they are in antiqua.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    +1 to DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter

afterdawn.com
    has tons of info on the subject.

CLICK HERE