Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    And you believe you can eradicate an idiology by force? Unless you are talking genocide this wont work. The chistians and jews are still around after all, arnt they, despite Nero et al.

Surur
    Careful you may be speaking to one of Bush's fellow Christian warriors. You know the ones that think the rapture is at hand and the inevitable holy war between Christianity and the rest of the world is upon us. I'm not sure what they'll do after they wipe out the Muslims but I'd have to assume that the Hindu's better watch their backs.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Careful you may be speaking to one of Bush's fellow Christian warriors. You know the ones that think the rapture is at hand and the inevitable holy war between Christianity and the rest of the world is upon us. I'm not sure what they'll do after they wipe out the Muslims but I'd have to assume that the Hindu's better watch their backs.
    What does christianity have to do with the US? I mean the original religion, not the bible-thumping, hypocritical preaching from a foundation of shifting sand.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    After W's unending harm to the personal freedoms our founding father's fought for (separation of church and state - woman's rights to govern their bodies - us citizens right to privacy, limits on presidential power - and the list goes ON AND ON - not to mention his unending dishonesty - both with himself and the entire world - you're MOST concerned about a embarrassing and unexpectedly public bl0wjob?

Wow...ya sure have your priorities straight...as far as I'm concerned the president of the united states (arguably the hardest job in the world - how did W get in again? Oh yeah...stolen elections) should get hourly oral copulation from the (willing) intern of their choice so long as they're not crazy, power hungry, a wet or dry drunk or coke addict or WORSE...like what we have in GWB the sequel.

Do I care that you don't seem to understand the long running complexity of decades of history regarding the middle east and the lies perpetrated on the entire world? No
    "
    Do I care that given all the atrocities being committed in our name by our "leader" all you can find to say is "Ooooooooh! Clinton lied about a bl0wjob" No.

Do I care that good patriotic human beings are dying for oil and a personal grudge match. YES - VERY MUCH.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    The middle ages is where fundamentalist Muslims are. That is the problem - that religion (unlike Christianity, Judaism, and other) has never had a reformation. Until that occurs, it'll be a mess.

Clinton actually didn't set it back 50 years, he harmed it forever.

Do I care that he banged a girl the age of his daughter? No. Do I care that he lied on national TV to all Americans? - Yes.
    I don't get into political debates much.
    Clinton was in the right place at the right time. After all his vice president invented the internet (Right)
    When he speaks he commands attention and is excellent in front of the camera. This is something W doesn't do well at all. Actually if he was bad at it he would be better than he is now.

I don't want to see Barrack or Hillary in the Office.
    You guys crack me up...

I'm no Bush lover (but I am a "bush" lover ;-) ), and he is getting his due.

It's not the ******* with Clinton - it's the fact the he is weak, dishonest, and cannot trusted to make decisions. He had no clue on the honor or duty of the office. He wasn't just "some guy" - he was president.

And wtf with the genocide comment? I don't think the Nazi facists in Italy or Germany were victims of genocide. They chose a side and lost.

It's the same this time around. It's not about Muslims - it's about facists that are cloaked in Muslim extremism.

These effers cut off innocent people's heads and the world yawn, with little condemnation from the Islamic community (because they fear reprisal). Terror 101 at work.

If I scare you more than the Taliban, you better get educated. Those ex-Taliban warloard are not to be triffled with, and they would as sooner cut off your nutsack as listen to you sing kum-bai-ya.

I am not a Christian, Bush lover, right winger, or any of the convenient labels you'd like to slap on me.

I only observe history and comment accordingly.

If you want to talk history and opinion, go for it.

As for Hilary and Obama, they are both unelectable. (she more than he).
    And the Iraq war was for oil? GMAFB. It's almost embarassing he said that. If it was, we would've invaded Saudi Arabia (who still to this day got off scot-free related to 9/11.) I'm still waiting for that cheap oil...

People still don't get that WWIII started on 9/11. I suppose it's a testament to the fabric of the country that people have moved on so easily.

The problem with war is everyone wants to play patty-cake and not see the reality. The enemy would rather cut your head off than talk about the impact of Canadian lumber. And if you are going to go in and wipe out a regime, you do it with so much overkill that the enemy says uncle.

Sure the generals and Bush made mistakes - they all do. Disbanding the army and local police in Iraq was the number one mistake, because they know the people and area. But don't be so na´ve as to think a new Democrat/Republican/whatever will change things so the extemists will be all lovey-dovey.

Sadly, if will take a few more "9/11s" of sigificant magnitude to wake people up.
    Let me refresh your memory. The only person who got off "scott free" was the person responsible for the 911 attack, Bin Laden. No "making him cry uncle" no "wipe out", no "overkill". Nope, we let Bin Laden get away and six months after 911, what was the president's words oh yeah "I truly am not concerned about him". So please spare me your rhetoric about how we are dealing with the people who attacked us.
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0020313-8.html
    What did we do instead? Instead of trying to finish off Al Queda and Bin Laden, we were deluged incessantly about the "threat" of fake yellow cake and phony mushroom clouds, fabricated chemical winnebago cartoons at the UN etc., and led towards a country who did not attack us nor had anything to do with 911. Guess what, Texas oil companies are already contracting up for Iraqi oil and getting ready to cash in. What a surprise? http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n3244774.shtml
    Greenspan is right-on about a lot of things, and he's right about Bush and the war in Iraq. Good for him for speaking up.
    You guys crack me up...
    I'm reasonably certain we're all thinking the same about you.

It's not the ******* with Clinton - it's the fact the he is weak, dishonest, and cannot trusted to make decisions. He had no clue on the honor or duty of the office. He wasn't just "some guy" - he was president.
    Well I didn't vote for him but if one looks beyond the BJ it is difficult to interpret his accomplishments as having "no clue" as I think Greenspan has apparently done himself.

If I scare you more than the Taliban, you better get educated. Those ex-Taliban warloard are not to be triffled with, and they would as sooner cut off your nutsack as listen to you sing kum-bai-ya.
    Well since I served in armed conflict before so I think I'll take my chances with them. Guys like you scare me because you actually buy into the rhetoric - dangerous rhetoric - that has led to the errosion of the very rights I and many of my friends fought and died for. I know how to deal with the Taliban as an ex-combatant. But I cannot deal with guys like you militarily so instead I have to pray that you wake up some day and get a clue.

I only observe history and comment accordingly.
    Strange. I had you pegged as a re-write history to fit the Bush agenda kind of guy. If not, you sure sound like one.

If you want to talk history and opinion, go for it.
    Are you going to educate us all? Please do tell.

As for Hilary and Obama, they are both unelectable. (she more than he).
    Maybe so. Altough one is more devisive than the other. But I wonder if you would have voted for either one of them vs. Bush if he could run again? I'm betting you would vote for Bush....again....and again....and again.
    And the Iraq war was for oil? GMAFB. It's almost embarassing he said that. If it was, we would've invaded Saudi Arabia (who still to this day got off scot-free related to 9/11.) I'm still waiting for that cheap oil...
    It's almost embarrassing that you could be so obtuse. And you're not likely to see cheap oil with the oil-boys in office; have you bothered to ask yourself how it is the oil companies are breaking all records with multi-billion dollar profits? They're shaking your hand with the right hand and thanking you for your patriotism while reaching into your pockets with their left and picking your pockets clean! Oh and if they have time they'll say a little prayer thanking Jesus for GW Bush and the "moral majority GOP".

Here is a nice article for you to read:

Texas Co. Signs Iraq Oil Deal With Kurds

DALLAS, Tex., Sept. 9, 2007
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (CBS/AP) Texas' Hunt Oil Co. and Kurdistan's regional government said they have signed a production-sharing contract for petroleum exploration in the Kurdistan region of northern Iraq, the first such deal since the Kurds passed their own oil and gas law in August.

A Hunt subsidiary, Hunt Oil Co. of the Kurdistan Region, will begin geological survey and seismic work by the end of 2007 and hopes to drill an exploration well in 2008, the parties said in a news release Saturday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Hunt is a privately-held independent oil company based in Dallas, Texas. A third partner, Impulse Energy Corp., also has a stake in the project.

"We're very pleased to have the opportunity to be a part of these landmark events by actively participating in the establishment of the petroleum industry," Ray L. Hunt, Hunt's CEO, said in a statement.

Hunt, who is also on the board of Halliburton, has been a key fundraiser for President George W. Bush, who named him to the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board.

Revenue will be shared by the KRG throughout Iraq, consistent with the Iraq constitution and the Kurds' new petroleum law, issued by the Kurdistan National Assembly early last month.

Despite Iraq's vast oil reserves, major international companies have sat on the sidelines, not only for security reasons but because of the absence of legislation governing the industry and offering protection for investments.

A draft oil law for all of Iraq has been bogged down for months, in part because of disputes over who will control the proceeds.

In August, however, the Kurdish self-governing region in northern Iraq enacted its own law governing foreign oil investments. The move angered the central government in Baghdad, but the Kurds are determined to push ahead with oil exploration.

Ashti Hawrami, the regional government's minister of natural resources, said in a statement that the signing by Hunt is evidence the government's new oil and gas law has created "a supportive and transparent business environment which promotes investment by international oil companies in our region for the benefit of all."

Associated Press Business Writer John Porretto and the AP's Robert H. Reid in Baghdad contributed to this report.
    Last edited by moderateinny; 09/15/2007 at 08:30 PM.
    Again with the Hunts??? That waste of genetic material goes back to JFK, then to Watergate and BushSr's offshore gas/CIA-front company. Small world, I guess.
  10.    #30  
    Quote:
    Texas Co. Signs Iraq Oil Deal With Kurds

DALLAS, Tex., Sept. 9, 2007
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (CBS/AP) Texas' Hunt Oil Co. and Kurdistan's regional government said they have signed a production-sharing contract for petroleum exploration in the Kurdistan region of northern Iraq, the first such deal since the Kurds passed their own oil and gas law in August.

...Hunt, who is also on the board of Halliburton, has been a key fundraiser for President George W. Bush, who named him to the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board.

Revenue will be shared by the KRG throughout Iraq, consistent with the Iraq constitution and the Kurds' new petroleum law, issued by the Kurdistan National Assembly early last month.

...A draft oil law for all of Iraq has been bogged down for months, in part because of disputes over who will control the proceeds...
    (I'm sorry that I can't right now source this, but I either read or heard that) Ray Hunt is on the board of Directors of SMU, the Texas Univ. which invited junior to locate his library onto their campus.

Further more as Chairman ?? of juniors library, Hunt has contributed at least $35 million toward its construction. (it will be the archive for juniors historic comic book collection).

Hunt's oil deal -- made seperate from Central government control -- sabotaged any hope of the 3 main factions reaching an agreement regarding a national oil sharing law.

The timing -- just days before the erstwhile benchmarks report -- was perceived in Iraq as a deliberate signal by junior's administration -- especially given Hunt's peculiarly CLOSE relationship with junior and U.S. intelligence agencies.
    Last edited by BARYE; 09/16/2007 at 12:11 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    (I'm sorry that I can't right now source this, but I either read or heard that) Ray Hunt is on the board of Directors of SMU, the Texas Univ. which invited junior to locate his library onto their campus.

Further more as Chairman ?? of juniors library, Hunt has contributed at least $35 million toward its construction. (it will be the archive for juniors historic comic book collection).

Hunt's oil deal -- made seperate from Central government control -- sabotaged any hope of the 3 main factions reaching an agreement regarding a national oil sharing law.

The timing -- just days before the erstwhile benchmarks report -- was perceived in Iraq as a deliberate signal by junior's administration -- especially given Hunt's peculiarly CLOSE relationship with junior and U.S. intelligence agencies.
    It all adds up to a major controversy worthy of front page press coverage from our supposed "liberal" media. If only this were Bill Clinton so we could hear about another "travelgate" for the next year – but no, this is the Bush administration where sh$t like this happens and has been happening all of the time with scant media coverage. This is about a long-time Bush crony that conveniently:
    - Sits (or sat…I don’t know if he still does) on the Haliburton board;
    - is a major contributor to Bush's Presidential library;
    - named by Bush to the Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board where he has access to classified information about Iraq;
    - and....oh yea....happens to be the CEO of Hunt Oil Co.

Wow. You scare me more than the Taliban.

The guy cheated on his wife and lied about it when asked in public. Who wouldn't? Well we now know that Newt wouldn't. Vitter wouldn't. Foley wouldn't. etc. etc. etc. Careful where you step...you're oozing gobs of hypocrisy and I wouldn't want you to step in it.

Some of you guys on the right are so busy living in the past and you're moral outrage over Clinton you've literally gone blind to anything Bush or the GOP have done the last 6 years that DWARF that BJ or cigar thing.
    All three of the above couldn't get laid in a morgue and probably have never experienced getting offered trim and never will. Clintons sexual escapades is something the right wing will hold on to forever in the light of an ***** like Bush and this administration...Don't go hunting with Cheney, you might get shot. Rumsfeld's being indecisive in the last decade...not a good idea to invade Iraq, now it is...lol. I would rather hang with and vote for a guy that made a mistake and got a BJ than a redneck that looks like a deer caught in headlights when addressing the nation or speaking in public with a guns blazin attitude towards defending our nation like its cowboys and indians for a president, a Vice Pres/CEO that isn't responsable with a rifle, and a liar of a Sec. of Def.

Last edited by KStewart; 09/16/2007 at 09:24 AM.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Man, the beat goes on...

Sorry, not a Bush revisionist...history will tell his story just fine.

Wouldn't vote for Bush either.

As for Osama in Afgahnistan, I agree we should hunt through there. But one way or another, his number is up.

Saddam had WMDs...he used them on the Kurds, remember? He was constantly trying to get better weaponry. He was a threat, supported terrorist, and had to go.

As for the "military" person who posted, I have nothing but respect for those serving our county. Yes, you can deal with a warload - as long as you are militarized. That's not the issue. What about the civilians (which terrorist so nicely target?). Maybe everyone should carry an assault rifle, but somehow I doubt that is the answer.

And this "big oil" boogeyman...agagain, GNAFB. It's all supply/demand/risk...you need to take an econ course and stop thinking conspiracy.

Look at the oil embargo of the 70's...same thing...and the oil "glut" in the 80's.

War for oil is a soundbite that just doesn't pan out.

Hilary would be electable if she left Bill, but she dindn't, and no one respects her. That is why she will lose.
    Barack had a chance, but keeps putting foot in mouth.
    Saddam had WMDs...he used them on the Kurds, remember? He was constantly trying to get better weaponry. He was a threat, supported terrorist, and had to go.
    UN inspectors could not find any including all the places CIA asked them to look.. and they had access to all of Iraq in the months leading up to the war.

Back on topic: the economic scene, as interpreted by Greenspan: He is on 60 Minutes tonight.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Back on topic: the economic scene, as interpreted by Greenspan: He is on 60 Minutes tonight.
    ... And on Meet The Press next Sunday morning. Interestingly enough, George Will, according to his appearance on This Week today, agrees with Greenspan that oil is at the root of our 'interest' in Iraq.
    The UN is a joke. Saddam was many thingsm but not stupid.

When Iran sells a dirty bomb to someone, who sets it off in a major US city, maybe people will wake up. But I sadly fear it will take a couple of them.

As for Greenspan on 60 minutes, whoop dee do. CBS is a joke...look at Rather and fake National Guard memoes (one of the worst media manipulations in history.)
    All 60 minutes is is the Maury Povich show for the "elite".
    The UN is a joke. Saddam was many thingsm but not stupid.

When Iran sells a dirty bomb to someone, who sets it off in a major US city, maybe people will wake up. But I sadly fear it will take a couple of them.

As for Greenspan on 60 minutes, whoop dee do. CBS is a joke...look at Rather and fake National Guard memoes (one of the worst media manipulations in history.)
    The stupid vs non-stupid is decided by the facts. US was wrong on WMD (unless you think that they will still be found someday).

What do you suggest we do about Iran? Shack and Awe?

Povich on not: there will be many opportunities to hear Greenspan on MSM (except Fox, I suspect..).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A

Oh brother....you sound like someone else on this forum.

Let's pretend for a moment that we all "wake up". What should we do? Because as you may have noticed, the current plan isn't working out all that well. I mean really...pretending for a moment that the Dems are "soft" on terrorists then looking far right at the GOP who will spend over a trillion dollars on the Iraq war....well please do tell us how to wake up and what we're waking up to? Could it be that a true democracy with open borders can never expect to truly eliminate the possibility of a dirty bomb being set off?
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    ... And on Meet The Press next Sunday morning. Interestingly enough, George Will, according to his appearance on This Week today, agrees with Greenspan that oil is at the root of our 'interest' in Iraq.
    George Will better look out...he'll soon be added to the right-wing hit list and labeled as a "liberal" journalist.
    Dan Rathers basically lost his job over that whole thing....as he probably should have. But I wonder if worse transgressions have occurred on other networks from the likes of Bill O'Reilly, etc. on Fox? I wonder if Fox would fire Bill O'Reilly if he committed similar sins?

And who are the "elite"?....nevermind...the more I read your drivel the more I realize you're a troll. I really gotta stop responding to your delusional BS.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast