Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The media taken steps to be fair? Oh, gosh, you know that is so far from being correct. The media though needs to stop being so apparently tuned to the left - it is far from even in its presentation. Take a look at your old buddy from CBS - an excellent example of not wanting to take responsibility for what he did. His staff states he was involved in every step of the story, but he himself says he was nothing more than reading it. An excellent example of the media unable to be fair and when caught with its pants down, blame everyone else. Danny Rather, heck of a man.
    He got fired didn't he? Has Bill O'Reilly been fired? Glenn Beck? Brit Hume? Tucker Carlson? Joe Scarborough? Hannity? etc. etc. etc. Nope nope nope nope nope nope nada nada. I think you ought to re-examine your stance since you seem to be standing in quick sand.
  2.    #22  
    Sure he got fired, but he retired first and now is suing the company. Heck of a man.
    Sure he got fired, but he retired first and now is suing the company. Heck of a man.
    Context again Ben...context. He was pushed out...forced to retire over the debacle. The point that is lost on you is that CBS, who you assert has a liberal bias, fired someone that may have been at the heart of airing a story based on unverified documents. Since they pushed him out (fired him, forced him to retire...call it whatever you want) I fail to see how you can exclaim that CBS has a liberal bias? What else could they have done to change your mind Ben? Should they have hired Brit Hume or Glenn Beck to replace him instead of Katie Couric?
    On a completely separate note from your "CBS has a liberal bias" rant, I wonder if after all the facts are in Dan will prevail in this whole thing? What if he was a scapegoat? It will be interesting to see what happens as I don't think anybody knows what will come out under oath until the suit goes forward.

Heck of a man? Not even sure what that means Ben. If your honor and integrity were called into question wouldn't you fight back at some point? What does "heck of a man" mean?

It sounds like you've got him all figured out already....just like you have everything else sorted out for us all.

Thanks Ben for another night of baseless and unsubstantiated rhetoric.
    Not that I have an ounce of faith that detractors have the will to know of what they speak on this subject, although the physical docs were not originals, the corroborated truth they told was very real and is a scathing indictment on Bush's manipulation of his record for the sole purpose of political gain.

http://www.truthandduty.com/documents.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Not that I have an ounce of faith that detractors have the will to know of what they speak on this subject, although the physical docs were not originals, the corroborated truth they told was very real and is a scathing indictment on Bush's manipulation of his record for the sole purpose of political gain.

http://www.truthandduty.com/documents.htm
    Great link, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Of course you won't hear about Alan Fabian. Any more than we're hearing about the attacks on Max Cleland now while the GOP successfully changes the subject and raves about the moveon.org ad against General Petreus. Instead I watched 20 minutes of the Today show this morning and there was not a single mention of the attacks on Max Cleland or John Kerry for that matter.

It seems the GOP has a "selective service" of their own when it comes to slandering war heroes for political gain. And the "liberal" media has once again over-steered the ship in trying to be fair to the whining right and failed to take them to task for their obvious hypocrisy.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  8.    #28  
    Trudeau a conservative?
    Trudeau a conservative?
    I don't know -- he's a former Yale classmate of junior's -- and they were both members of Yale's elite secret society: Skull and Bones...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12