1.    #1  
    My wife just bought this phone and I have a few Q (I'm too lazy to look all over the net for answers.. and the User Guide is the most useless one ever!). I figured that this place has enough experts for all things on the earth!

1. Is the data cable something special I need to get from Motorola? or will any USB-to-miniUSB cable do?

2. She wants to listen to our collection of MP3 (ripped off our CDs.. ). Do I need to buy the MotorolaPhoneTools to transfer the songs to the micro-SD card in the phone? Can I use a card reader to copy the mp3 files to the card? If so, in which directory should I put the files in? \Audio ?

She is of the non-geek type and does not plan to use the phone for any PIM info. Just to use for calls, and for playing mp3's. I am hoping to skip the purchase of the cable+software, if possible. (Thank goodness Palm includes these with the Treo's.)

3. Can I buy a mini-USB-to-3.5"audio adapter and use that with regular ear/head phones?

Thanks in advance.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    My wife had one of these for a short while. The data cable is a regular usb cable. No special cable needed.

You can buy a usb to 3.5" adaptor that works. I found one on Amazon for about $10.

I believe that you can use the included min-sd to sd to load songs on it with your computer. I'm not positive though. I think you are going to have to pull out the manual. Sorry :-)

Jason
    Kyocera 6035->Treo 600->Treo 650->HTC TouchPro->Epic 4G
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonsf View Post
    My wife had one of these for a short while. The data cable is a regular usb cable. No special cable needed.
    You can buy a usb to 3.5" adaptor that works.
    Thanks for the info. I can figure out the rest (no software purchase needed).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I had that phone for a short time and it included a Moto data cable, which was standard mini USB cable, just Moto branded. You didn't get one in the box? Maybe they have them down at the ATT store then. It also had the headphone adpater included. I'm not sure why these 2 weren't in your box. I'm sure ATT stores must have them both then, since they were included at one time. They must have decided to nickel and dime people.

As for transfering music, the microSD card should show up on your computer as a drive, however you choose to connect it. And you can drag and drop files to it. You can create a folder for Audio/Music or whatever you choose to name it, on your computer and drag the whole thing to the card. Or create the folder within the card files itself. Disclaimer: I have only done this on Windows, not sure what Mac procedure is if you have one.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!