1.    #1  
    I don't agree with Southest Airlines but admit I would have liked it for myself and if my daughter was on the flight I would not have liked her to be exposed to that if it was bad at all but her skirt was pretty revealing even after she pulled it down to make it more apropriate in the vid which makes me think it might have been unapropriate. Some beaver and cheeks had to be showing with the skirt up but only the Southwest and the passengers will ever know.

Let her fly
    at&t iPhone3G
    I saw the picture of the lady in the skirt... did not look that bad to me. What do you do if another customer complains about a shirt skirt on a plane? Obviously we don't know what was said, but action was taken, no matter if we like it or not. I can only imagine her bending over to get her bags or reaching up to put the bag in the overhead and some religious person or moral crusader seeing her bottom.

I fly on planes maybe three or four times a year and I've noticed since 9/11 that the peeps that work on airlines are more and more aggressive in their speaking to people.

While I've not been on the end of this, I've seen plenty of others simply embarrassed. Many times I thought it was taken way overboard. Like my last flight were they told the lady to find a seat or get off the plane when she was trying to find a seat for her young daughter. Guess they were last minute add-ons. The yelling was crazy... on top of that the plane smelled like urine. I was not happy. I was thinking don’t yell, help her. She had all kinds of bags as well…

Then again, I've never had to manage that many people before... well, people you don't know. Guess you have to stay on top of things the best way you can.

I think the airline was right in giving her a blanket if there was a complaint from another customer... What do you do in a situation like that, tell the complaining customer don't worry about it?
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  3.    #3  
    She was definitely a Hooters girl...
    at&t iPhone3G
    she's contemplating a suit -- she'll win enough to never have to fly SW again.

SW's people were egregious. Because SW will rightly want this outrage forgotten, she'll collect between 10-100K.

(and yes, she's a Hottie !)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    she's contemplating a suit -- she'll win enough to never have to fly SW again.

SW's people were egregious. Because SW will rightly want this outrage forgotten, she'll collect between 10-100K.

(and yes, she's a Hottie !)
    I bet ya it was real short...in the video she stood up to show how she pulled the skirt down at her hips to try to make things more appropriate and it was just screaming to make it over no mans land. I can only imagine when it was pulled up how short it was, plus she pulled her top up. IMHO, I think she may have been unapropriate and SW was pressured into reacting to someones complaint. Somebody should have took some pictures with their Treo to kill this chicks case. Once the judge seen a beaver shot with arzz hanging out may be she would collect nothing and the case be thrown out of court. I am not saying I am on SW side but I have a young daughter and if she looked anything like I can imagine, I wouldn't want my family being exposed to that...that is for Papa when he is at the strip club with collegues or entertaining potential business customers. Women who dress like hoes have their establishments for business and it should stay that way.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I've seen people wear worse to meetings believe it or not.
    I don't think it was that big of a deal. I was at the mall one day with my wife an d I said "look what is she wearing. Her mother would not approve of that." Well the girls mother came out of the store wearing less. We were shocked.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    I've seen people wear worse to meetings believe it or not.
    I don't think it was that big of a deal. I was at the mall one day with my wife an d I said "look what is she wearing. Her mother would not approve of that." Well the girls mother came out of the store wearing less. We were shocked.
    I don't think it was a big deal either but there are some people that did and they did something about it and even though I don't think its apropriate in the presence of my daughter I wouldn't have said anything to SW rep...I would have just told my daughter you will never dress like that while I am alive.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I saw the video and frankly, what is she to be upset about - wanting an apology? This is another example of a frivolous complaint. Her "rights" were not infringed upon. Her option - do not fly them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I bet ya it was real short...in the video she stood up to show how she pulled the skirt down at her hips to try to make things more appropriate and it was just screaming to make it over no mans land. I can only imagine when it was pulled up how short it was, plus she pulled her top up. IMHO, I think she may have been unapropriate and SW was pressured into reacting to someones complaint. Somebody should have took some pictures with their Treo to kill this chicks case. Once the judge seen a beaver shot with arzz hanging out may be she would collect nothing and the case be thrown out of court. I am not saying I am on SW side but I have a young daughter and if she looked anything like I can imagine, I wouldn't want my family being exposed to that...that is for Papa when he is at the strip club with collegues or entertaining potential business customers. Women who dress like hoes have their establishments for business and it should stay that way.

After saying few words about SW's sensitive sensibilities, I would run that micro hot panted SW hostesses commercial for the jury in the middle of my closing -- then again as I sat down...

juries luv hypocrisy
    Last edited by BARYE; 09/08/2007 at 01:43 PM.
    The comparison is from too many years ago to make it close to being relevant.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The comparison is from too many years ago to make it close to being relevant.

Ben
    not relevant ?? Ben it was their commercial -- that was the image they were promoting about themselves. They effectively were describing themselves as Air Hooters.

(don't you wish that air hostesses still looked that way ?? Have you flown NWA domestically recently ??)
    Barye, you said it yourself, "was." Things change. Operations change. Methods of promotion change. It is not the way they are prosenting the company now.

Ben
    A frivolous complaint? If she had been behaving inappropriately, SWA would've had reason to speak to her. That was not the case and they had no reason to speak to her otherwise. The only frivolous complaint was on SWA's part.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    A frivolous complaint? If she had been behaving inappropriately, SWA would've had reason to speak to her. That was not the case and they had no reason to speak to her otherwise. The only frivolous complaint was on SWA's part.
    An SW customer had a complaint and SW reacted.
    at&t iPhone3G
    SWA had no right to speak to her that way. Would they have done the same if a man were wearing tight pants? Or if a teenager had an offensive t-shirt on?
    If there was nothing in their terms and conditions regarding appropriate attire on an airplane (and I am willing to bet that with the exception of don't get naked there probably isn't), then they had no right to place a value judgement on her.
    What's worse IMHO was the way its getting sensationalized. A friend at work had a fox news stream on about it and I pointed out they had basically filmed her so she was on a stool in the center of the shot with NOTHING around her so your eyes were inevitably drawn right to her. With a big "HOOTERS WAITRESS" ticker running along the bottom.
  16.    #16  
    If you have it flaunt it...there is no law against it. The only problem is others might not want to see or be exposed to it. SW probably wouldn't have noticed the Hooters college chick otherwise.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I don't know where American's got the idea that they have a 'right' to not be offended. If you don't like something, you have the right to ignore it, or go somewhere else. You do not have the right to force someone else to change their behavior simply because you don't like it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    An SW customer had a complaint and SW reacted.
    Complaint about her dress or behaviour? If dress, this only underscores SWA's complete lack of judgment or wisdom. SWA staff should've known better than to intervene into such a subjective area. Maybe the next time this young lady travels by air, she should wear a burqa. She and her attorneys will likely be very satisfied with their rightly awarded settlement. Unfortunately, SWA will only have themselves to blame.