1.    #1  
    hello everyone. i have just bought a 2g esi talon for 2000.
    it seems to run good but there are some things that i have to take care of.
    i basically need some opinions right now.

painting: how much is a full paint job going to run me (average) the paint on this car is pretty bad.

Handles: one handle is messed up, and the other handle the keyhole is still in the door. Im thinking to either repair it or shave off the handles. anyone know estimates on shaving car handles.

insurance: im 19 do you guys know what the average cost of insurance is going to be. WIll it be cheaper if i put the title under my moms name

so basically i have 1000 extra to do something with this car. so do you guys think i should purchase the paint job, or get a speaker system and possibly rims.

here is the album

http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q...eagle%20talon/

[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q86/benjimatt/eagle%20talon/1.jpg
    Ummm, don't you think you'll get much more useful info on an automotive forum. I suspect there's at least one dedicated specifically to the talon and it's Dodge & Plymouth twins. Try Google or Ask.com
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Bring it to Midas for a paint job for around $200-$250.00
    insurance varies from state to state, but it may be cheaper to put the car on your mom's policy (but keep the car in your name) and just pay her the difference.

And as far as shaving the handles go it's not easy. You'll prob do better getting some old handles in a junk yard, put them on, and then get the car painted to match.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    www.dsmtalk.com

I own a 1990 turbo AWD model... its the best and worst car at the same time
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Bring it to Midas for a paint job for around $200-$250.00
    wow!!!!!!!!! is it really that cheap???
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    insurance varies from state to state, but it may be cheaper to put the car on your mom's policy (but keep the car in your name) and just pay her the difference.

And as far as shaving the handles go it's not easy. You'll prob do better getting some old handles in a junk yard, put them on, and then get the car painted to match.

Timmay
    well my insurance is going to be about 80 dollars a month and thats only liability. maybe its because i have a low paying job but that seems like a lot of money to me lol.

yeah im going to the junkyard for a bumper and a handle. i hope the bumper isnt too much
    Quote Originally Posted by benjimatt View Post
    wow!!!!!!!!! is it really that cheap???
    Years ago I was looking at one of the cheap paintjobs. However, I later found out that they just paint over the existing paintjob. They said I could sand the whole car myself before bringing it in if I liked. You get what you pay for.

Regardless, I would still suggest a paintjob over rims and a stereo system.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer