Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post
    I figure it's the Senators fault from idaho that was playing footsy with an undercover cop, then reaching his hand underneath the stall for a campaign contribution.

BREAKING NEWS !!! BREAKING NEWS !!! BREAKING NEWS !!!

Senator Larry Craig, The Republican Senator from Idaho, has announced, to a shocked and stunned news conference:

"...That I'm STILL NOT GAY !!!"

more as this hot story comes out of the closet ...

But seriously, read and watch video of Craig's statements about the morality of others over the years -- about Bill Clinton in particular. Do we have a new poster boy for GOP hypocrisy ??

(was Brokeback Mountain based in Ida ho ??)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    GOP hypocrisy? You just gotta be kidding to consider this as an incident of hypocrisy. If you do, then look on the other side of the isle and also, when Barney Frank did his thing, remember his boy friend running a prostitution ring? Where was the stink about that?

If you consider this as an important event...

Ben
    "Family values" generally isn't considered as asking unknown men(or even known men) for sex. Remember, the GOP is the conservative family values party.

Personally I don't really care what anyone does as long as everyone is consenting adults, but these people who denounce gays and everything about them, then turn out to be gay themselves are either in major denial or hypocrites!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    GOP hypocrisy? You just gotta be kidding to consider this as an incident of hypocrisy. If you do, then look on the other side of the isle and also, when Barney Frank did his thing, remember his boy friend running a prostitution ring? Where was the stink about that?

If you consider this as an important event...

Ben
    The hypocrisy Ben, is that the GOP has used people like you for years by telling you how religious they are and how they are the party of values - you know the "personal responsibility" moral majority.

Luckily most independent voters only took a sip of this Kool Aid and have tasted just how fowl it is. Sadly there are still 27% in this country that apparently drank a big giant keg of this Kool Aid though and just keep rationalizing the misdeeds and pointing to the Dems like children everytime the "moral majority" gets caught.

Suggested GOP slogan for the next elections - "But They Did It Too". Or of course the old favorite "Blame Clinton".
    'Discussions' like these are why I'm not a registered Democrat or Republican.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    The hypocrisy Ben, is that the GOP has used people like you for years by telling you how religious they are and how they are the party of values - you know the "personal responsibility" moral majority.

Or of course the old favorite "Blame Clinton".
    I vote for the PERSON I like, so I vote across part lines - however, I TOTALLY agree with this. The Republicans just set themselves up for the abuse being laid on them right now, IMO. Yes, this crap happens in both parties, but the "right" party tries to wrap themselves in the flag and God and country and, well, we then find out they are just human creatures just like the guys and gals across "the isle".......

And pleeease quit looking back and blaming Clinton! GW is gonna go down as one of the worse and nothing they can do is gonna change that. BTW - I voted for GW, both times (check forum name)! Shame on me!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    I vote for the PERSON I like, so I vote across part lines - however, I TOTALLY agree with this. The Republicans just set themselves up for the abuse being laid on them right now, IMO. Yes, this crap happens in both parties, but the "right" party tries to wrap themselves in the flag and God and country and, well, we then find out they are just human creatures just like the guys and gals across "the isle".......

And pleeease quit looking back and blaming Clinton! GW is gonna go down as one of the worse and nothing they can do is gonna change that. BTW - I voted for GW, both times (check forum name)! Shame on me!
    Thank you for all that --

I speak as someone who is the right wing nut, in his circle. You cannot know how frustrated and angry I get over Greens and Naderites not recognizing and regretting their partial responsibility for junior and all he's done.

Looking back with sadness, regret, and guilt is the only way to learn, and to move forward with wisdom.
    It's because it's sex related. "Family values" people are hung up on sexual matters. Getting caught having sex is apparently a much bigger embarassment than potentially killing someone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    'Discussions' like these are why I'm not a registered Democrat or Republican.
    As long as you vote, it matters not.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    As long as you vote, it matters not.
    debatable
    I work with a man who is gay and is high in to family values. I frankly do not believe that is an issue. Yes the Republican Party sets itself up for this, but it happens on both sides of the isle. And incidentally, I did not say anything about Clinton.

There is not a lot in common with Clinton and this issue. Clinton lied, this guy did not.

Ben
  12.    #12  
    I work with a man who is gay and is high in to family values. I frankly do not believe that is an issue. Yes the Republican Party sets itself up for this, but it happens on both sides of the isle. And incidentally, I did not say anything about Clinton.

There is not a lot in common with Clinton and this issue. Clinton lied, this guy did not.

Ben
    for me the issue again is hypocrisy -- when a group pontificates as holier than thou -- when they portray those with an alternate style of love as being hated by god, as being unworthy of equal treatment under law, they deserve to have their cloak of pretended sanctimony pulled away.

Craig was amongst the loudest one of those -- like Hagart, Gingrich, Vetner, Swaggart, Foley, etc etc

As for the comparison with Saint Bill: he lied about a consensual BJ between consenting adults. There was NO criminal act, except in delierately humiliating him.

Craig was arrested and plead guilty to a crime -- a crime that eviserated his phoney pose of "family values"
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    They are all crooks and phony's, they steal our money and then lie to us.
    when is the american public going to wake up. I would guess a majority of all the senators and congressman have been arrested. or caught doing something illegal and plead out. yea I'm pissed!
    I think the only viable strategy for the GOP everytime one of its people screw up, like this Craig moron, is to deflect the blame on both parties and my guess is that we will see a lot more attempts by the GOP to capitalize on the anti-politician sentiment. Its a smart strategry, the anti-politiican message increases apathy and reduces voter turnout, especially among independents and young people, who would otherwise lean democrat. This could help prevent a total blowout in next years election.
    Frank Luntz, the well known GOP strategist, agrees with me on this one:

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...0,387529.story
    "I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. 'I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs.' 'I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking.' 'Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!'" -- Bill Hicks
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    those who are the strongest at repressing gays are usually closeted gays themselves. It seems that the Republican Party is full of them!

Anyway, this good senator is not gay.... no way is he gay... he is bisexual, which is the term as he understands it that was described to him by his attorneys.

On the real, I don't think it matters if he is gay or not... I could give a crap either which way or the other.... the problem I have is him being caught out there like an ***** in a stall. It was already reported some guy said (yea, no names... take with a grain of salt) that he had sex with the senator.... and knew it was the senator since the guy floats in those circles.

This could lead to blackmail... that is my problem....

I don't believe he would have went pleaded this case out if he were not in fact guilty. Someone having more money than most can hire a team to defeat any prosecution and "make it go away" before it goes to trial. If the prosecution said they would go to trial, then they had a solid case. Trust....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001

Ben
    Did you hear the crap he told the cop??

Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    for me the issue again is hypocrisy -- when a group pontificates as holier than thou -- when they portray those with an alternate style of love as being hated by god, as being unworthy of equal treatment under law, they deserve to have their cloak of pretended sanctimony pulled away.

Craig was amongst the loudest one of those -- like Hagart, Gingrich, Vetner, Swaggart, Foley, etc etc

As for the comparison with Saint Bill: he lied about a consensual BJ between consenting adults. There was NO criminal act, except in delierately humiliating him.

Craig was arrested and plead guilty to a crime -- a crime that eviserated his phoney pose of "family values"
    VERY VERY good points!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Did you hear the crap he told the cop??
    I just heard it... why people don't lawyer out is beyond me... if you are ever caught by the police you let the lawyers do ALL of your talking, no matter if you are guilty or innocent. He could have made this go away if he would have kept his mouth shut and let the lawyer handle it.

At this point, he should retire.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Well you guys may not like me for this but I just read the transcript and I really have my doubts about this whole thing. He may well have been solciting gay sex but the case seems very shakey to me. Maybe I need to see the video instead of just reading it but I actually felt he held his ground and maintained that he wasn't doing anything to intentionally solicit sex.

Dunno...just trying to be fair here. I think this cop was a pretty junior officer that was quite nervous about nabbing a senator...but I also wonder how much he may have embellished once he knew it was a senator.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast