Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sure rub it in.....
  2.    #42  
    It's entirely possible that we can't have an objective conversation about this, but:

Is it legit to keep a good player on the bench because:

a) he's not doing that much better than the guy I'm playing,
    b) keeps other folks from using him, and
    c) he's brett farve and I hates me the packers something fierce

...?

I ask because OmniGo has proposed a trade for Farve and while I'm tempted by Chad Johnson -- I'm also forced to admit that I get a sick pleasure out of keeping Brett Farve on my bench.
    I think its legit. I would make that trade in a heartbeat.
    Oucho Cinco!!!!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    One more week left in the regular season, and 3 of the 4 playoff spots in the championship round have been clinched.

(Don't forget that teams ranked 5-8 in the regular season play in the consolation round)

Clinched are:
    Omnigo (11-2)
    My Dixie Wrecked! (10-3)
    New England Colonials (10-3)

The 4th spot will either be Bay Area Bombers (8-5, 1421 points) or TheGMenWillLetMeDown (7-6, 1417 points).

The Bombers are up by a game, but they have to face #1 Omnigo this week.
    The GMen are playing the 3-10 "PC Load Letters".

The final slot will be the Bombers unless they lose, the GMen win, and the GMen score at least 5 more fantasy points than the Bombers. If the two teams are tied, the tiebreakers are here.
    Omnigo 100 -> Palm III -> Cassiopeia -> Visor -> Jornada -> Palm m100 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Moto Q -> Treo 650 - > BB Curve
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    It's me (#1 seed - OmniGo) vs samboy (#3 seed - My Dixie Wrecked!) for the Fantasy Football Championship!

Septimus started this thread by offering a prize to the winner of a $50 TreoCentral store credit, so this one is for all the marbles.

The scores last week in the semifinal games were really close:

#4 TheGMenWillLetMeDown 118
    #1 OmniGo 120

#2 New Englnd Colonials 107
    #3 My Dixie Wrecked! 116

Going into Monday night, the GMen needed 6 points from Bernard Berrian to beat me -- and he only scored 3 *phew*.

#2 NE Colonials have been riding Tom Brady all year (one of the few Tom Brady led teams not to be #1 ranked in the fantasy playoffs, I'm sure), and rode him again last week to more points than the opponent - his 16 points in the sleet and rain were more than My Dixie Wrecked!'s Derek Andersen had in the snow -- 13 points. Adrian Peterson (the Viking) won it late last night for Dixie with his 2 touchdowns.
    Omnigo 100 -> Palm III -> Cassiopeia -> Visor -> Jornada -> Palm m100 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Moto Q -> Treo 650 - > BB Curve
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    It's looking like I am in good shape to win, though Dixie has a chance if the SD defense outscores Tomlinson by over 11 fantasy points tonight.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Well, I was the winner, beating My Dixie Wrecked! It was a very fun, very competitive year - I will type up a summary next week. Septimus, let me know if the TreoCentral $50 GC prize is still on
  8.    #48  
    I'm back from the frozen north!

Congrats Omnigo - the prize is forthcoming...
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Thank you, Septimus, for your very generous prize! I had a great time and hope that we keep this going next year.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123