Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is it just me, or are the Simpsons appearing all over signatures and avatars? I think the Simpsons are the best show ever, and Ralph Wiggum has the best quotes. Anyone who likes the Simpsons should get on Napster, or whatever similar service you have (any good ones? Post them!), and download "70 Ralph Wiggum Sayings". Who else think the Simpsons are the best?!?!
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Simpsons is getting a little tired the last couple years, for every good episodes there seems to be a so-so one (Even the comic book guy hasn't hesitated to point out some of the re-hashed plots). Classic Simpsons is the best though! Can't wait till Season 1 comes out on DVD in September!
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    I could agree, and disagree with the post prior to this one. To be honest, the problem with an 11-year old series IS the fact that almost all of the best plots are used up. However, I think the plots are as witty as ever! I have heard that they are stalling this season with plots, but there are rumors of some pretty "interesting" episodes coming up in the near future if you've heard anything through the grapevine.

My Favorite quotes from the Simpsons: (there are WAAAY too many to list!)
    "Mmmmmmm... Purple..."
    "Must kill Moe.... wheeeee!"
    "It's not enough to WANT a cracker, you have to earn it!" (homer arguing with a parrot)
    "At this dark magic shop, we sell evil things... we also sell Frozen yogurt which I call "frogurt!" ...............

and continued...

The toy is cursed (that's bad)
    However, it comes with a free "frogurt!" (that's good!)
    The Frogurt is cursed (that's bad)
    But it comes with a free toping! (that's good!)
    The toppings contain sodium benzonate ........ (???) ... that's bad."

Note... it's been awhile... but they're pretty close.
    <b><font size=1 color=teal>"Sorry about the whole thing about losing your life savings, but that Palmpilot is property of Enron, so please give it back"
    I , too, look forward to the DVD releases.

I'm a junkie.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    I wasn't looking forward to the release because I didn't know about it. but now I am looking forward to it.

The only thing is I don't like is the original Homer's voice. I HATE the first voice...I don't know if it's the same person or what, but I just didn't like the voice.
    Ah Simpon's Trivia:

Creole, it is the same person. The first season, the voice he used was too much of a strain on his vocal chords, so he adjusted it to make it more do-able.

I don't know much about the specifics of the DVD releases, either. I know they were looking for input on it, but did not know if they had officially decided to release the series yet.
    -David Byrne
    Obviously, I'm rather fond of the Simpsons myself.
    Ah ha! I remember doing a survey over the Simpsons on DVD a while back. How much will season 1 cost do you think? How many DVDs will it be on?
    -Vincent
    It'll probably be around $100, same for X-Files. I think X-Files is a 7 disc set, but I'm not too sure + I wonder if animation will allow more episodes to fit on a disc with the compression.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    I'd assume they could fit 6-9 episodes per CD depending on what kind of extra features they put on the CDs.

I REALLY wish the simpons web site wasn't such a piece of crap and that they actually had some useful information on it.
    -David Byrne
  11.    #11  
    When you talk about "classic Simpsons" are you referring to the first season? I think those really early episodes were pretty boring actually. I think it started getting good around the second or third season. And it has fizzled recently. Yvan Eht Nioj, Yvan Eht Nioj, gimme a break.
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by Matthew Nichols
    It'll probably be around $100, same for X-Files. I think X-Files is a 7 disc set, but I'm not too sure + I wonder if animation will allow more episodes to fit on a disc with the compression.
    Isn't The Simpsons a 30 minute show? That would give you twice as many per DVD since The X-Files is a 60 minute show.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    How many shows in a season? About 15-20 right? That means that should be about 8.5 hours worth of shows. I figured at about 25 actual minutes (minus commercials). That would fit on two discs, front and back.
    Isn't The Simpsons a 30 minute show?
    We're debating minutia now, but I do believe that each episode is 22 minutes long.
    -David Byrne
    Hopefully fox will release the Simpsons like HBO did Sex in the City, with 2+ DVDs at a low price. I would be surprised if the season was $100.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Originally posted by homer

We're debating minutia now, but I do believe that each episode is 22 minutes long.
    even better as that means that over a season, they could have room for a whole extra episode.
    22 minutes is a length of a 30 minute show. I know this from watching American High on Fox, then it going on PBS so that they had an extra 5 minutes that they had to make a "Behind The Scences" featurette after every episode to fill the space.
    -Vincent
    "this class turn you from sloppa to proppa"

Quote from last Simpsons episode.

They're picking up again!
    <b><font size=1 color=teal>"Sorry about the whole thing about losing your life savings, but that Palmpilot is property of Enron, so please give it back"
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    Yvan Eht Nioj, Yvan Eht Nioj, gimme a break.
    Ha! SOO true....although, didn't you find yourself singing that catchy tune? (JK)

Kelley
    Originally posted by homer
    We're debating minutia now,
    <dogbert type="waving paw">Bah.</dogbert>

but I do believe that each episode is 22 minutes long.
    And you didn't point out that The X-Files episodes are only ~45 minutes per episode? Pretty poor minutiae debating, if you ask me.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast