Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 45 of 45
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I think you are the one that does not get it. Many people try to make the argument that steroids don't provide hand eye coordination so steroids or not Bonds is a great hitter to which I use Ichiro as an example of a great hitter who doesn't have the mass to get the ball out of the yard often but if he did he would stomp Bonds' numbers.
    But bonds was already a great player. Is it POSSIBLE that he hit the gym and devoted more of his time to his body to produce an increase in results?

    Guess I'm always one to give a benefit of the doubt after being accused of stealing. Not to bore anyone with a long story, but the evidence was solid. The police showed me the landslide of evidence and it was overwhelming. I had access, was in the area of an atm that was used (very unlikely given the size of the city), I was off that night (again, unlikely given my four day on and one day off schedule for that month), etc, etc. Fast forward a couple of weeks, after the charges were draw, and it turns out it were another guy. He and I looked alike, and for the most part dressed similar.

    Guess that is the reason I give people accused of things the benefit of the doubt. We donít know if bonds used roids or notÖ I donít anyway. Nice for people to be so sure though!
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    But bonds was already a great player. Is it POSSIBLE that he hit the gym and devoted more of his time to his body to produce an increase in results?
    Um yea. I've never seen anyone increase their hat and shoe size by 3 from working out devotedly.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Um yea. I've never seen anyone increase their hat and shoe size by 3 from working out devotedly.
    I don't know myself... I'm not a doctor. Although, their could be other causes, like a change in shoe and hat makers.

    I did read a story http://www.ergogenics.org/299.html ... nice read...

    As I said, I don't know either way... he has he record now and 'notin anyone can do about it. He has passed all tests and remains the Home Run King...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I don't know myself... I'm not a doctor. Although, their could be other causes, like a change in shoe and hat makers.

    I did read a story http://www.ergogenics.org/299.html ... nice read...

    As I said, I don't know either way... he has he record now and 'notin anyone can do about it. He has passed all tests and remains the Home Run King...
    Hate to quote every sports writer out there but it's called a great big asterisk next to the "record". As far as the reasonably thinking world is concerned, the record id still Aaron's.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Hate to quote every sports writer out there but it's called a great big asterisk next to the "record". As far as the reasonably thinking world is concerned, the record id still Aaron's.
    Not every sports writer thinks that way... I read at least a couple that don't think that!

    For the record, the title belongs to Bonds... no asterisk needed. It will go down in history like any other story and only the most astute baseball fan will know the full story. History (or is it HisStory) has a way of forgetting certain things in the "moment."
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions