Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    CNN is certainly left leaning and the GOP did not run from them.....and if they did I would demand the same level explanation of why they were not willing to face the questions that would have been posed to them.
    I'm sorry but the more I read this the more appauled I get. So what if the Dems are excluding Fox? Were you equally outraged at the GOP for handpicking and screening townhall audience members to make sure they were Bush political loyalist and that they only asked softball questions (or in some cases gushed with overwhelming approval) of GW?

Perhaps to some, it may not be too far of a stretch to imagine Fox doing the same GOP-screening process on their debate audience. And it may also not be a stretch to assume if any non-GOP audience members got through and posed questions the GOP doesn't like, Fox guards at the studio would be more than eager to toss out those with opposing views.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    ...they don't care to legitimize a non-news organization...a right-wing entertainment channel.
    Aptly described.

other countries like France (or Cuba) for example, have media that is the partisan voice of a party, that advocate for a particular point of view.

Our media tradition has been one where reporters and media companies may have biases, but they are constrained by tradition from being open advocates or hostile antaginists to those with whom they disagree.

In its sycophantcy toward both junior's regime and the Red Chinese, Faux is more like networks seen in China, Cuba, and Iran.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Were you equally outraged at the GOP for handpicking and screening townhall audience members to make sure they were Bush political loyalist and that they only asked softball questions
    I do not appreciate it whenever this happens no matter what side it is as I have no political loyalities to any party. As I stated in my initial post in this thread. It is just as enlightning to see candidates who put themselves into enviroments knowing they will get the softball questions as it is to see who is willing put themselves in enviroments where they know they will get the hard questions. It is educational to see who candidates are willing to see and to see who they will avoid at all costs.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 07/30/2007 at 05:40 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12