1.    #1  
    I think they both have their strong and week points. Les is more practical for the everyday guy with a beer gut. Bear being prior British Special Air Service training into affect, and being the youngest Brit to climb Everest, Bear is mostly entertainment with the unnecessary stuff he does with pure testosterone. I honestly like Bear since I can relate to the testosterone since I served in the Air Force for four years...I know, I know, summer camp compared to SAS. Bear’s dominance over nature is quite impressive. But the most kick a$$ thing about him is his name. He has the manliest name of all time. Bear Grylls. This beats the crap out of former manliest name which was, of course, He-Man. For decades He-Man was the name of all that was man. As gay as He-Man was in that old cartoon, you just know that when he and Duncan were **** each other, He-Man was always the pitcher. I always figured that the only name that could be more bada$$ than He-Man would be Dude-Guy, but Bear Grylls came along and proved me wrong. While it isn’t as simply powerful He-Man, Bear Grylls produces the mental image of a man killing a grizzly with his bare hands and throwing it on a Forman Grill. I did extensive research including surveys, focus groups and drunken bar room conversations to try and find out if there could possibly be a name with bigger metaphorical testicles. I fed all my research in to a NASA super computer and the only name that would be manlier than Bear Grylls would be Hugecock McBichfckr. But not unlike this entire feature, that name has HUGE homosexual overtones, and that’s just impractical.
    at&t iPhone3G
    So does this mean you'll be putting together a Bear Grylls list to go with the Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer lists?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    So does this mean you'll be putting together a Bear Grylls list to go with the Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer lists?
    at&t iPhone3G
    I'm actually a big fan of man v. wild.

The dude is crazy impressive -- he's done ALOT, yet he looks so bloody young
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    I like Bear too. He is nuts! I set my dvr to record every episode of man vs. wild. Did you guys see when he drank his own urine? That was insane.
    diane
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    I like Bear too. He is nuts! I set my dvr to record every episode of man vs. wild. Did you guys see when he drank his own urine? That was insane.
    that wasn't even the worst -- I won't even describe what was worse (but it was in africa) ...

And he does crazy stuff like climbing down rock cliffs as glacial melt water rushes over him in freezing temperatures, too.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    that wasn't even the worst -- I won't even describe what was worse (but it was in africa) ...

And he does crazy stuff like climbing down rock cliffs as glacial melt water rushes over him in freezing temperatures, too.
    If you're referring to the elephant ****, I agree. The nastiest and funniest thing I've seen. Actually found it on youtube, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    If you're referring to the elephant ****, I agree. The nastiest and funniest thing I've seen. Actually found it on youtube, too.
    no no no no !!!!

there you said it anyway -- now I have to have that image in my brain again ...
    oh i forgot about that one! gross! but yeah he's more bad *** than jeff corwin.
    diane
    bear grylls has a camera crew, advisors, producers that travel with him. Les is truly one & films everything himself, writed the themes music, edits & carries 50lbs worth of camera gear. he is out there 7 days too. I would bet on les t survive longer. bear is just eye candy for the ladies ( & some men)...
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    they'll probably end up getting hurt by doing something stupid or on vacation or something someday soon

they are too insane for nothing to happen to them
    blake!

Sprint Centro
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    bear grylls has a camera crew, advisors, producers that travel with him. Les is truly one & films everything himself, writed the themes music, edits & carries 50lbs worth of camera gear. he is out there 7 days too. I would bet on les t survive longer. bear is just eye candy for the ladies ( & some men)...
    More men than women on some forums.
    at&t iPhone3G
    bear grylls has a camera crew, advisors, producers that travel with him. Les is truly one & films everything himself, writed the themes music, edits & carries 50lbs worth of camera gear. he is out there 7 days too....
    watched an episode in its entirety last night for the first time (costa rica).

good stuff -- impressive that he has the strength, discipline, and stamina to continue filming no matter how injured and exhausted he's become.

for the life of me though, what gives with his supposedly hauling "55 lbs." of video gear ??? Even in 2004 when it was shot, this seems preposterous especially given the wretched quality of the footage (like it was shot on some cheap asss 1 chipper).

assuming he's carrying 3 small cameras, batteries, a lightweight tripod, small watertight housing -- how does he get to 55 lbs ??
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/18/2007 at 01:53 AM.
    he carries an editing bay too ;-)
    he carries an editing bay too ;-)
    and that extension cord he packs is a killer.

(BTW -- your face looks familiar to me, sir -- have our paths crossed elsewhere ?? Are you perhaps familiar with canon ??)
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/18/2007 at 08:08 AM.
    Noooooo !!!...

Bear Grylls is not a Superman.

He's not all alone with just his knife, his flint, and his perfect teeth.

First Fake Steve was revealed to be fake.

Then Larry Craig got outed as not being gay.

What could be next ??? That I'm not the former CEO of a major Europeon empire ???

(that last one was just a joke -- cause everyone knows I was...jeez, I have an accent...)

TV 'survival king' stayed in hotels
    TIMES OF LONDON Robert Booth

TO LIVE up to his public image of a rugged, ex-SAS adventurer, it must have seemed essential for Bear Grylls to appear at ease sleeping rough and catching his own food in his television survival series.

But it has emerged that Grylls, 33, was enjoying a far more conventional form of comfort, retreating some nights from filming in mountains and on desert islands to nearby lodges and hotels...

To watch Bear Grylls on his program “Man vs. Wild” is to be in a constant state of disbelief — over how he is able to escape a tiger shark attack; eat the biggest maggot you’ve ever seen; build a complicated raft out of bamboo and leaves; and basically, well, survive in really dire situations, with a sense of humor and an uncanny knack for delivering live commentary as he performs his feats...

...In another instance, where Grylls was supposed to be surviving on a desert island, he was actually in Hawaii and spent nights at a motel, Weinert said.

The same episode had Grylls building a Polynesian-style raft using only materials around him, including bamboo, hibiscus twine and palm leaves for a sail. Weinert said he actually led a team of builders to construct the raft.

It was then taken apart so that Grylls could be shown building it on camera...
    Last edited by BARYE; 09/25/2007 at 03:38 PM.