Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    So he can be influenced by all other sources as long as they are not Democrat
    Within the context of my post - that about sums it up. Why? Because I am referring to his cabinet and closest advisors and the last time I checked there isn't a Dem anywhere near his inner circle.
    Well well well....Mr. Fair & Balanced himself, Bill O apparently just told Tony Snow that we're toast in Iraq and he blames the Iraqi people for being ungrateful for the most part. http://rawstory.com/news/2007/OReill..._You_0713.html
  3.    #43  
    Hats off to Papa bear for giving the fervent righties a way to rationalize getting out of Iraq - its a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    With the US gone, we will have another Viet Nam on our hands and in our history. Millions were killed when the North Vietnamese assumed control...Ben
    I've also heard this from junior and Faux news.

The supremacy of belief over facts.

The communists -- despite the predictions of right wing war supporters and the fears of Vietnamese who worked on behalf of the US, there was NO large scale massacres when america's artificial puppet govt collapsed and Vietnam united. NONE !!

Many thousands of former high S.Vietnamese and ARVN officials were imprisoned for long periods of "reeducation" -- some for as long as ten years if I recall correctly. No doubt unpleasant.

Cambodia -- where american troops were never (officially) based -- was where millions perished.

It was one of the 20th century's great horrors -- one that only ended because of the military intervention of --- communist Vietnam.

You should make time to visit Vietnam and Cambodia (I was there a year ago).

Vietnam has been having an explosive rate of economic growth -- perhaps the fastest in the world right now. Saigon's streets are lined with an unbelievable assortment of stores -- it is literally amongst the most enterprising and capitalistic places I've ever been.

(Cambodia is healing -- but its wounds are so deep and the pain and angish so profound that it might take awhile to recover. Maybe the entire holocaust survivor generation needs to pass first, and the coming of entirely fresh leaders who are untainted by the unspeakable past).

After 50,000 american and a million Vietnamese lives, as well as billions in treasure -- we finally left Vietnam.

There was no bloodbath -- no purpose was served by our sacrifice there.

Will there be a bloodbath in Iraq ?? Quite possibly. junior's criminally unjustified and wretched intervention has certainly sowed the seeds for it.
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/14/2007 at 12:16 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    I've also heard this from junior and Faux news.

The supremacy of belief over facts.

The communists -- despite the predictions of right wing war supporters and the fears of Vietnamese who worked on behalf of the US, there was NO large scale massacres when america's artificial puppet govt collapsed and Vietnam united. NONE !!

Many thousands of former high S.Vietnamese and ARVN officials were imprisoned for long periods of "reeducation" -- some for as long as ten years if I recall correctly. No doubt unpleasant.

Cambodia -- where american troops were never (officially) based -- was where millions perished.

It was one of the 20th century's great horrors -- one that only ended because of the military intervention of --- communist Vietnam.

You should make time to visit Vietnam and Cambodia (I was there a year ago).

Vietnam has been having an explosive rate of economic growth -- perhaps the fastest in the world right now. Saigon's streets are lined with an unbelievable assortment of stores -- it is literally amongst the most enterprising and capitalistic places I've ever been.

(Cambodia is healing -- but its wounds are so deep and the pain and angish so profound that it might take awhile to recover. Maybe the entire holocaust survivor generation needs to pass first, and the coming of entirely fresh leaders who are untainted by the unspeakable past).

After 50,000 american and a million Vietnamese lives, as well as billions in treasure -- we finally left Vietnam.

There was no bloodbath -- no purpose was served by our sacrifice there.

Will there be a bloodbath in Iraq ?? Quite possibly. junior's criminally unjustified and wretched intervention has certainly sowed the seeds for it.
    I know a little about this but can tell you that this thing in Iraq is probably worst in that there are deep religious differences and hatred. In Vietnam most of the people were rice paddy farmers and poor....they could care less if they were communist or a democracy. So it was largely one army against another. In Iraq, there is sectarian violence that I fear will bring about a horrible civil war.

The problem is - again - we went in without enough troops and have made arrogant assinine mistakes every step along the way. Now we're so over extended we simply cannot continue to stay much longer and have no choice than to pull troops out. So while it is so very brave of those who think we have no choice but to stay and see this thing through, it simply isn't realistic as the situation is too far gone.

And beyond the exhaustion of the troops, there is the news that the Iraqi government feel it's just dandy to take the whole month of August off while our boys are dying AND now they are saying we can leave any time and that there can be peace when we leave....as in basically, "don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out".

The blame belongs to Bush and his war cabinet. No one else. Just them. The facts are the facts and the righties can try and twist them however they like but it won't change what the facts are - Bush/Cheney and their minions are chickenhawks that have run through a small army of Generals trying to do this their way and now things have run their course - BUSH/CHENEY LOST THE WAR.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    I know a little about this but can tell you that this thing in Iraq is probably worst in that there are deep religious differences and hatred. In Vietnam most of the people were rice paddy farmers and poor....they could care less if they were communist or a democracy. So it was largely one army against another. In Iraq, there is sectarian violence that I fear will bring about a horrible civil war.

The problem is - again - we went in without enough troops and have made arrogant assinine mistakes every step along the way. Now we're so over extended we simply cannot continue to stay much longer and have no choice than to pull troops out. So while it is so very brave of those who think we have no choice but to stay and see this thing through, it simply isn't realistic as the situation is too far gone.

And beyond the exhaustion of the troops, there is the news that the Iraqi government feel it's just dandy to take the whole month of August off while our boys are dying AND now they are saying we can leave any time and that there can be peace when we leave....as in basically, "don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out".

The blame belongs to Bush and his war cabinet. No one else. Just them. The facts are the facts and the righties can try and twist them however they like but it won't change what the facts are - Bush/Cheney and their minions are chickenhawks that have run through a small army of Generals trying to do this their way and now things have run their course - BUSH/CHENEY LOST THE WAR.

the chickenhawks have mismanaged, corrupted, and poisoned everything they've touched from the moment they seized power.

and unfortunately there's no evidence to believe that junior will ever enable a thoroughly planned and smooth exit from the iraqi nightmare.

As long as he's allow to be "the decider", his primary objective will be to attempt to achieve some appearance of success, something that can lessen the taint on his legacy. To at minimum, delay the collapse until he's out of office.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    the chickenhawks have mismanaged, corrupted, and poisoned everything they've touched from the moment they seized power.

and unfortunately there's no evidence to believe that junior will ever enable a thoroughly planned and smooth exit from the iraqi nightmare.

As long as he's allow to be "the decider", his primary objective will be to attempt to achieve some appearance of success, something that can lessen the taint on his legacy. To at minimum, delay the collapse until he's out of office.
    if his decision, as the decider, is to buy time until he is out of office, then he hurts his own republican party
  8.    #48  
    Fox news is helping the GOP spin its way out of the Iraq war. Good for them.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Jul...nsIraq,00.html
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    if his decision, as the decider, is to buy time until he is out of office, then he hurts his own republican party
    Not to mention it proves he is not a compassionate conservative nor a person of faith and he is clearly unfit to serve as commander and chief over the very armed forces he is using as political pawns while he attempts to pass the buck to the next President, who is likely to be a Democrat.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123