1.    #1  
    "Outlook monitors only four specific folders for reminders: Inbox, Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks."

WTF? When the heck did this change in Outlook? I know I was adding follow up flags to items in folders other than the inbox in the past.

Anyone have any knowledge on this?

Edited to add the link to the M$ Article.
    Last edited by daThomas; 07/08/2007 at 05:49 PM.
    I'm 99% sure that I've set follow-up flags on items in other folders. I'll have to check it Monday when I'm on my work laptop. My only inkling of doubt is whether I've done it since I upgraded to 2007.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  3.    #3  
    Anyone?

Bueller? ... Bueller? ...
    Finally had a chance to try this today. Reminders worked in subfolders of the Inbox and in a newly created Test folder at the top level in Outlook 2007.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  5.    #5  
    Not for me. I created a new folder under Personal Folders put an email in there and flagged it for alert. No alert popped.

I flagged a message in a subfolder on the Inbox and it did NOT pop.

I flagged a message in the inbox and it DID pop.

This is OutLook 2002 SP3 and according to M$ link above is expected behavior. It's the standard edition that comes with the Treowx. I may just not have noticed the different behavior after installing getting the 700wx until now.
    Interesting. I wonder if Exchange plays any part in it either. I'll have to try on one of the other machines that has an older version of Outlook. I don't think I have access to any Outlook XP machines, though. Sorry.