1.    #1  
    I found this extremely interesting. The woman speaks rationally, while the muslim cleric speaks from an ideology which belongs in the middle ages. These clerics are primitive. In today`s society, they are simply primitives.

http://www.break.com/index/arab-woma...m-cleric2.html
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    I found this extremely interesting. The woman speaks rationally, while the muslim cleric speaks from an ideology which belongs in the middle ages. These clerics are primitive. In today`s society, they are simply primitives.

http://www.break.com/index/arab-woma...m-cleric2.html
    First, I hope she wasn't within 2000 miles of that studio the extremist Muslim was sitting in....or that may be the last video we'll see of her.

Second, I wish she was Muslim herself instead of agnostic (as I am) since he immediately dismissed her as being a heretic and not worthy of a rebuke.

Overall, nice to see there is someone with some semblence of sanity over in that part of the world and that it actually got air time.
  3.    #3  
    Exactly. You can only hope the type of perspective she expressed is taking root and spreading in that region. Any rational person would see that this infighting and church bombing achieves absolutely nothing for the extremists.

You would think those of higher intellect would determine that brutish approach to be a waste of human effort, and that a more sophisticated, humanitarian ideal would serve their people much more effectively.

I guess the question is, does higher intellect exist among these clerics, or are these people mere robot cultists brainwashed by a savage religion/ideology?

I agree with you in the hope that this woman was nowhere near those clerics, because these savages would no doubt resort to the act of bombing HER, since they are clearly incapable of intelligent, open debate with their narrow-minded views. It's their way or the highway - the type of thinking you'd find among cavemen.

It seems appropriate that caves and mudhuts seem to be the exact abodes where these types of extremist muslims prefer shelter themselves.

Maybe THEY are the missing link.
    <The poster takes issue with the tenets of Islam>

All I have to say to that woman is "You go girl!" Right on sister.
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 06/21/2007 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Inflammatory lanugage
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    <The poster takes issue with the tenets of Islam>

All I have to say to that woman is "You go girl!" Right on sister.
    Amen.
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 06/21/2007 at 06:28 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Some things truly amaze me. Despite the absence of personal attacks, profanity and instigations, some postings result in "notifications". If a post merely states a truth regarding how a certain ideology, whose figurehead was a documented criminal, is based on hatred and encourages killing and savagery, that posting is removed? This is just amazing to me. Truly. God forbid anyone calls it like it is, anymore. We wouldnt want to hurt the feelings of those holding criminal, extremist ideologies, would we?

By the way, I could be talking about Nazism here, right? Extremism is what it is. I leave it open to interpretation.
    Last edited by treobk214; 06/24/2007 at 11:38 AM.
    Around 3:12 in the video, the woman declares herself to be a rationalist (almost an atheist).

No wonder she has such a praiseworthy point of view
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Some things truly amaze me. Despite the absence of personal attacks, profanity and instigations, some postings result in "notifications". If a post merely states a truth regarding how a certain ideology, whose figurehead was a documented criminal, is based on hatred and encourages killing and savagery, that posting is removed? This is just amazing to me. Truly. God forbid anyone calls it like it is, anymore. We wouldnt want to hurt the feelings of those holding criminal, extremist ideologies, would we?

By the way, I could be talking about Nazism here, right? Extremism is what it is. I leave it open to interpretation.

Not sure what the original post was (never saw it), but generally if it was something overtly inflammatory as to cause or insinuate hate as I assume it was then that is the reason why it was editted and would be regardless of the topic, religion, or groups etc that were being discussed. Normally I am of the opinion that if some one makes an outrageously stupid or inflammatory statement, then the community itself generally itself will eventually discipline or level the commentary out by others who will criticize said statements prior. Try to understand though that the main purpose of a community like is to provide a a SAFE, spam free and congenial environment where folks don't feel threatened to discuss topics as they choose. Perhaps if the questioned post was just worded differently it wouldn't have been editted...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions