1.    #1  
    Anyone here use Audacity, the program that records from your sound card(but also edits imported audio)? If so, what are the best settings to get less static from sound card recordings? I'm exporting as MP3. MP3s sound fine on the computer, but like a vinyl record through portable device. So apparently something is set wrong. Can someone offer advise?

Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    What are you trying to record?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    That was fast! Hi Insertion!

Audacity doesn't seem to work with AAC, so I'm trying to record from the sound card.

WinAmp Pro does work with AAC, but crashed so much, I needed another option. I had to restart it 5 times to get it to rip 2 CDs. I only mentioned this just in case someone says try WinAmp.

I have another program I may try if Audacity keeps this up. But if anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Are you trying to convert a file?

I'm kinda lost here, I thought you were recording from an external source, like a microphone.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    Yes, but I have to play the file on my computer and let Audacity convert it. All I need are settings to get rid of the static.

phone diva I use audacity and it is dependent on the speed of your sd card. occasionally your card will get corrupted and then cause stuttering or funny crackles with recordings. I recommend downloading card speed from the audacityaudio website and testing your card. if it is slow, reformat it on your computer and test again. that may solve the problem.
  7.    #7  
    No I meant I'm using my computer's sound card(or whatever you call it).

yes its kind of confusing in that there is an audacity palm program as well as a computer program.
  9.    #9  
    Anyone have a solution they can suggest? I'm going to try again, but I need help on the correct settings to get rid of the popping in the earphones.

Thanks again!

10.    #10  
    After playing with some settings, I got one clear MP3 so I'm going to try using the same settings again. The click removal feature seems to work.

I think I finally figured out how to get rid fo the static for most tracks, remove the sound output meter bar.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/21/2007 at 06:16 AM.

You may also check the different Recording devices available. I have found that the built in Microsoft device driver does not get as good a result as the sound card driver (on my PCs).
    If I'm recalling correctly, "Line in" instead of Microphone is also better