1.    #1  
    Does anyone else CONSTANTLY get a little popup like this every 5 minutes or so, or is it just me? It says "navigation to the webpage was canceled" & gives me the option to refresh the page, which does nothing at all when I click it. It happens all the time, whether I'm online or not. Does anyone know how to get rid of it??? I'm getting very sick of having to open the bloody task manager to get rid of it. Aaargh.

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    that doesnt look kosher.

can you right click on the page and see what url it is trying to get to?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    you have an hp?
    Felipe
  4.    #4  
    YES I have an HP! Oh god don't tell me this is some kinda HP thing...
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Click the link to find out.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  6.    #6  
    i can't click anything, when i try to it just sits there. i can't right click it either. i'm fixing to call hp.
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    Does anyone else CONSTANTLY get a little popup like this every 5 minutes or so, or is it just me? It says "navigation to the webpage was canceled" & gives me the option to refresh the page, which does nothing at all when I click it. It happens all the time, whether I'm online or not. Does anyone know how to get rid of it??? I'm getting very sick of having to open the bloody task manager to get rid of it. Aaargh.

Did you upgrade from another OS or is this a fresh install of Vista?
    i can't click anything, when i try to it just sits there. i can't right click it either. i'm fixing to call hp.
    From the link posted above you state you can't get to:

My Profile
    stormrider550 is on a distinguished road
    Re: Navigation to the webpage was cancelled
    I found it! Go to control panel... administrative tools... task scheduler. Delete the Internet Offers task and the Registration task, these are both set to run every 30 minutes. If you right click them and select run you will get the annoying pop up.
    No, click the link in Felipe's post. It offers a possible solution for you.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    sorry i wasnt clear.
    Felipe
    just in case the link didnt work for ya, the fix is:Re: Navigation to the webpage was cancelled

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found it! Go to control panel... administrative tools... task scheduler. Delete the Internet Offers task and the Registration task, these are both set to run every 30 minutes. If you right click them and select run you will get the annoying pop up.

Good link, felipe
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
  12.    #12  
    I got it fixed guys, thanks!!! It was the task scheduler thing.