Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Couple of things I thought of as my mind wandered on Monday after watching it on Sunday.

First, unless Tony was followed (which hes pretty good at catching based on previous episodes) there is no way for any of his enemys to know that he was there. So a hit is almost out of the question. Unless he lives happily ever after (tounge firmly planted in cheek) the only other option is the Feds. Even thats a stretch because Carm and Tony agreed on the restaraunt out by the pool and I doubt they have that area bugged.

I think the tension was artificial and it was the viewer who got whacked. Plus... with a a big payday potentially around the corner with a potential movie, how could they whack Tony?

We have never seen that diner before, so his enemys wouldnt know to go there based on habits, rumor has it that one of the characters eating was Eric Mangini (hopefully I spelled that right) the head coach of the NY Jets.

Just my $.02

Also, I wrote that pretty stream of conscious so please feel free to ask for clairifcation on something I wasnt clear about.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Couple of things I thought of as my mind wandered on Monday after watching it on Sunday.

First, unless Tony was followed (which hes pretty good at catching based on previous episodes) there is no way for any of his enemys to know that he was there. So a hit is almost out of the question. Unless he lives happily ever after (tounge firmly planted in cheek) the only other option is the Feds. Even thats a stretch because Carm and Tony agreed on the restaraunt out by the pool and I doubt they have that area bugged.

I think the tension was artificial and it was the viewer who got whacked. Plus... with a a big payday potentially around the corner with a potential movie, how could they whack Tony?

We have never seen that diner before, so his enemys wouldnt know to go there based on habits, rumor has it that one of the characters eating was Eric Mangini (hopefully I spelled that right) the head coach of the NY Jets.

Just my $.02

Also, I wrote that pretty stream of conscious so please feel free to ask for clairifcation on something I wasnt clear about.

I think you hit it on the head. I dont think Tony got it, WE got it. The marks were placed on us. If the scene was truly done from Tony`s perspective, the camera wouldn`t have been focused on him, it would have been focused on meadow coming in through the door. You`d have been watching her enter the restaurant with a shocked look on her face before screen went black.
    the coach was in the previous restaurant at artie buco's place.

i agree - tension was built via the camera shots to give the viewer the feeling that tony is resigned to... that everyone out there is a potential assasin.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    the coach was in the previous restaurant at artie buco's place.

i agree - tension was built via the camera shots to give the viewer the feeling that tony is resigned to... that everyone out there is a potential assasin.
    good find and good take! I agree.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    What is your problem?
    Better question would be why it's affecting you so.
    Who are you to tell me not to watch it or not to subscribe to HBO?
    Is that not the free market way? You're not required to subscribe to HBO or watch the Sopranos, so complaining about its content seems a bit out of place.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12