Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    And how does it make one "right wing?" I asked a question, pointed out that Mother made a promise and is not carrying through with her promise. How is that "right wing?" or are we back to name calling?

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    The system is broke for sure - which is why I am supporting the Dems more and more as they are far and away the best chance at an insider to change the system. I wish there were a viable "moderate" third-party but for now it is all about the lesser of the evils - with all due respect to Shop. 20 years ago I may have felt differently but today the GOP is so far out in left..err right field and so self-absorbed with power and greed and big corporate dollars that I cannot see them changing anything. Now attacking anything that is "disloyal" or represents any changes whatsoever...well that is more their style.

One major caveat for those that don't know - you don't get much further right than newsmax.com and you won't find a better liar and sleazeball than **** Morris and his loving wacko wife to write such drivel. You remember Dickie don't you? You know the one that was fired because he allowed his prostitute girlfriend to listen in on Clinton's conversations? Yea, the guy that reports for Fox News and has written numerous hate books about the Clintons.

Honestly Ben, if you ever wondered why I think you are on the fringes of the political right wing this post is a clear example why.
  2.    #42  
    The values that Shop speaks of are those of middle America, those of most of the citizens of the USA, and they also happen to be my values. These values are far from being on the fringe of the right.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    How is that "right wing?" or are we back to name calling?

Ben
    I'll repeat for you since you clearly misunderstood -

"Honestly Ben, if you ever wondered why I think you are on the fringes of the political right wing this post is a clear example why."

Translation: using newsmax.com and **** Morris as a source gives me the impression you are on the fringes of the right wing.

That is not name calling.
  4.    #44  
    You are back to name calling. The information in the post, is it accurate? That is the basic question. Hang the source - you have posted from sources that are clearly on the far left and the sources I have used are not fringe sources in any means. So again, is the information correct and an answer without the terms left/right would be a good start.

Also, just because we do not agree does not justify the left/right comments. Your "liberal" friends that disagree with you, do you classify them as fringe? You need to do better than that.

Ben
    To my knowledge I posted from questionable sources two times - the first I prefaced and disclaimed numerous times that the source of the study was questionable. The second I got taken to task (and rightly so) for posting a picture that ended up being a photoshopped image and apologized for the misdeed after having been to quick to post an unverified picture I found with Google. You have done neither above that I can see and I take exception to you using **** Morris as the source of anything worthy of posting.

As for your labeling me as a "liberal", please define what that is and I'll decide whether I agree if I am or not. I lean left socially and right fiscally...does that make me a liberal? But again, I've asked this question many times before and nobody seems to want to answer it. What is a liberal?

BTW - Not sure what "liberal" friends you are referring to but since I don't know your definition of a liberal I'm not sure that I can agree or disagree with your assertion here either.
  6.    #46  
    Frankly I am tired of you. Have a great day. Find someone else to argue with instead of discuss with.

Ben
    Frankly I am tired of you. Have a great day. Find someone else to argue with instead of discuss with.

Ben

LOL. By argue, do you mean ask you questions that you cannot or will not answer?

You're right though - if you don't want to discuss it further we should stop here.
    Last edited by moderateinny; 06/13/2007 at 06:22 AM.
    Why do you even bother starting these sorts of threads, then? By their very nature you're trying to provoke a response. Regardless, I think you're being way too thinskinned if you think moderateinny was personally attacking you.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Why do you even bother starting these sorts of threads, then? By their very nature you're trying to provoke a response. Regardless, I think you're being way too thinskinned if you think moderateinny was personally attacking you.
    Here you go Ben - a report on the Dem's inability to keep their word on reforming earmarks - sans the rhetoric around it.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/...rks/index.html
    Check that...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19355702/

According to this the Dems cut earmarks in half as per an edict put forth by Pelosi and Obey. Of the $153M in earmarks allowed, 60% went to Dems and 40% went to Repubs. Of course, if the Repubs were still in the majority the would have had 60% of $306M to dish out so one can see why they are upset and lashing out.

If this article is true, I see this as progress. Now I hope we'll see some real reform to cut the earmarks out entirely but it needs to be changed forever and made enforceable so that no party benefits from earmarks.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123