1.    #1  
    Okay, hold on to your seat...the question will soon be over if UFOs are real

UFO Buffs to Offer 'Proof' of Aliens

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) - Proof that a 12-foot creature with fiery red eyes spooked Braxton County schoolchildren in 1952. Proof that aliens crashed a spaceship near Roswell, N.M., in 1947. Proof that the U.S. military engaged alien spaceships in battle over the Atlantic Ocean more than 50 years ago.

"You're going to see some hard evidence" at the Flatwoods Monster 55th Anniversary and Flying Saucer Extravaganza on Sept. 7-8 in Charleston, said promoter Larry Bailey. "That's a promise. That's not just promotional talk."

The UFO conference coincides with the 60th anniversary of an unexplained sighting of a crashed aircraft in New Mexico that is still a source of controversy and speculation of a government coverup. It's also the 55th anniversary of sightings of a noxious-odor-emitting monster in Flatwoods in Braxton County.

Freddie May, one of the boys who saw the monster after a fireball fell from the sky in September 1952, is scheduled to attend. He will refute those who dismiss the monster as a hoax and others who say it was a gaseous ball that formed during a meteor shower.

Also on the lineup is author-illustrator Frank Feschino, who penned "The Braxton County Monster: The Cover-Up of The Flatwoods Monster." His follow-up book, "Shoot Them Down," details aerial combat he says was waged in 1952 between U.S. aircraft and alien ships over the ocean.

Feschino spent 14 years researching the sighting and plans to present a 53-minute documentary on his findings at the conference.

Staton Friedman, a former nuclear physicist who helped investigate the Roswell crash and has published more than 70 papers on UFOs, is also scheduled to attend.

http://apnews.myway.com//article/200...D8PEEIH81.html
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    This must be that Flying Spaghetti Monster everyone is talking about. It's funny how UFO's/Aliens can exist but "other" beings we have never seen can't.
    Are they scheduled to discuss the Ufoleo?
  4.    #4  
    Could Indepedence Day really be prophetic? This is a real story BTW.....

Possible 'Mile-Wide UFO' Spotted by British Airline Pilot and Confirmed by Passengers and Two Other Airplane Pilot's Seperate Sighting Reports

Science -- Monday, June 25, 2007

What's white, glows, is a mile wide and flies?

That's what the pilot and passengers of a British jetliner want to know after they reported seeing an unidentified flying object fitting that description outside their aircraft windows over the Channel Islands.

The craft is allegedly one of the largest UFOs ever seen, the Evening Standard reported Friday.

Click here to read the Evening Standard story,

Citing an official air-miss report on the incident several weeks ago in Pilot magazine, the newspaper stated that Aurigny Airlines Capt. Ray Bowyer first caught sight of the object while flying close to Alderney , one of several islands in the English Channel located off the Normandy coast.

Bowyer described the object as a cigar-shaped brilliant white light.

"It was a very sharp, thin yellow object with a green area," Bowyer, 50, told the Evening Standard, noting that he used a pair of binoculars to view the flying craft more closely. "It was 2,000 feet up and stationary. I thought it was about 10 miles away, although I later realized it was approximately 40 miles from us.

"At first, I thought it was the size of a [Boeing] 737, but it must have been much bigger because of how far away it was. It could have been as much as a mile wide."

Bowyer told the magazine that he then spotted a "second identical object further to the west," stating that it was the same size but appeared smaller because it was farther away from the plane than the first craft was.

Some passengers and an unnamed pilot with the Blue Islands airline later confirmed the sighting, the Evening Standard reported.

The Civil Aviation Authority safety notice stated that another aircraft, a Tri-Lander, flying nearby Alderney also spotted the soaring object.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286176,00.html
    Is the Evening Standard a UK based tabloid news site and why should I believe in Fox news?
  6.    #6  
    I just think it is awfully suspicious that this is all happened just as Gordon Brown is stepping up to power!!!! I think he must be behind it all somehow! ....or maybe a leaving office prank by Blair!

Actually I heard to the story on the radio today saying that the information was taken from reports independently filed from 3 different sources including the the two different airlines and the Civil Aviation Authority.......so it has to be true!
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    ....and what news of the infamous West Virginia sasgooch?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I think they will also unveil specs on the new Treo 900
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    ....and what news of the infamous West Virginia sasgooch?
    Wasn't there an exclusive face to face interview last week on 60 Minutes with Ogopogo confirming the existence of the Sasgooch?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Yeah. Ogo ate the 'gooch and burped up the skeleton, providing the very evidence necessary to prove his existence....

I gotta have more cowbell
    Here's another story to prop up your initial post.

http://slashdot.org/palm/14/07/07/01/1737226_1.shtml
  12.    #12  
    I bet this is what the people in the OP post were referring to. From your short article there are two articles linked...one rephrasing the affidavit and the other showing contradictory statements from Haut