1.    #1  
    I am getting a brand new 4-wheeler soon. A Yamaha Warrior to be exact and figured I needed some sort of shop to work on it in.

I just want it to sorta mess around in, work on my quad, and enough room to do some other stuff.

Ive looked through amazon.com, and did a search on google.com. Unfortunately I found nothing. So if you know of any book or website that will give me help on this project I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
    God bless the USA! The country I love, and will support at all costs.
    Let me get this straight. You want to build a structure to work and store your four wheeler in? Heated/unheated, electrified/nonelec., concrete pad/dirt floor? If you are a novice at building, check out the Time-Life series of books on the subject. They have a book on outbuildings, electricity, etc. They were available by subscription and can often be found for sale used. They might not have cachet for an experienced user, but they are complete and they explain things well. Fine Homebuilding is about the only magazine I know of that regularly discusses building. Most of it is geared to professional builders (and armchair carpenters) but the photos are great and the designs showcased are top notch. Scott Landis has a book out with Taunton Press (the same people that put out Fine Homebuilding) called "Building A Small Shop" (or sumpin' similar), while it doesn't give you blueprints and is about woodshops, it discusses things like workflow and is worth a peek.
    If you are building a permanent structure, find out what your areas building codes permit. I don't know if it's a problem in your area, but you don't want to get into it with a zoning board.
    A simple box with dimensions a multiple of 4 feet is your best bet (10'x16', etc.). 16" on center stud walls are pretty ubiq. and plywood and wallboard are 48"x96", or 48"x120".
    If you pour a slab for it , consider putting 2"x4" sleepers down, insulating the spaces between and putting down a floor of rough sawn planks. You should be OK weight wise and your toes will appreciate it in the winter. Don't skimp on the roofing. It will protect everything else.
    If you're flexible on windows (even if you put in plenty of lights, natural lighting will make the shop seem bigger and you won't go berserk some day while working on a cylinder head.) and doors, see if any of your local lumberyards that deal with contractors and the general public has any kind of yearly clearance event. You can score some great finds at clearance prices. They are usually custom items that were never picked up, or items with some kind of blemish.
    If your shop will have electricity, don't forget general AND task lighting. Also consider having a 100 Amp service put in. You can wire a structure yourself for lighting and outlets, but let a licensed professional put in the box.
    Tool storage is important, as is a big workbench that has good flow.
    Consider a small refrigerator. That way you can bring a lunch and some soda and spend the day out there!
    Have fun and take your time designing your space!
    Michael
    PS Measure twice, cut once
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
  3.    #3  
    Wow thanks, that really helped a lot.
    God bless the USA! The country I love, and will support at all costs.
    Shoot, I almost forgot another book, Building with Junk, I'll get the author tomorrow. Also, if the structure will be permanent- will your folks help out with the cost? Benefits to them would be a better quality of building, which in turn would add to the value of their home.
    Later,
    Michael
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."