1.    #1  
    Is there a way to turn off the "handy" feature in Windows and in IE5 (All iterations of IE actually)that replaces passwords with asterisks as you type them in? I would gladly accept the risk of a clever hacker "seeing" into the preferences on my "My Yahoo" page in exchange for being able to quickly and conveniently access my passwords.

I just want to make them go away. I don't want to autofill them, or download a shareware program to "remember" my passwords. I am hoping that in the Windows Registry somewhere there is a command to the effect of "Asterisk for Password = On" that I can conveniently switch to off.

Any ideas?
    Passwords on web sites are automatically converted to asterisks in the HTML code. So it has to do with web site, not your window's system.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
  3. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Or you could just change all your passwords to '******'
    And if your lucky.. just typing in the length of the password in astericks will work. (I discovered my first backdoor/hack 4 years ago. Got onto the net without my dad's passwd for 2 years, by just typing in "****". It took the company forever to fix it )
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff