Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Look at #33. Ben
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    As I said, still no valid question(s) asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    Wouldn't that be true if one believed in Heaven/Hell or if they didn't?
    Not necessarily. People can use the belief in an afterlife (or any religious dogma for that matter) to excuse or justify all sorts of behaviors like blowing up abortion clinics, etc.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Backbeat, your triad against Falwell is really very potent!
    ITYM 'tirade'? I believe I'm the only one who mentioned triads.
    Now where in any of his presentations did he ever claim authority to dictate government policy?
    Was he not one of the originators of the 'Moral Majority'?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Is this really necessary? Can't we afford the dead some respect in this country anymore?
    Sorry for joining in late.

Why should we respect someone more (or less) because he/she is dead?

The things that affect my opinion is not his living state but his actions and opinions.

To me, JF was a symbol of intolerance wearing the mantle of morality and religion.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Ok, his degree of intolerance you are speaking of, how different is it from that of those on the extreme left? How different is it from the backer of Moveon.org? Where do you place him against George Sorus? Sorus has blasted the "right" far more than Jalwell has and with much more venom.

Ben
    We'll have to talk specifics.

What has Soros evangelized that makes him a pillar of intolerance?

Does intolerance of intolerance count as intolerance?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by perditac View Post
    if we place Jerry dead center, are you more liberal or more conservative than he was.
    For anyone who does not think he was sufficiently conservative puhlease explain.
    Is there any room to the right of Falwell?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    No valid question was asked. Therefore, no.

See post #33-

I think you're losing creditibility rather quickly- so for now - Adios (unless you start responding to questions and not dodge or counter it with a question).

It's too bad, you started out rather well but then....
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Ok, his degree of intolerance you are speaking of, how different is it from that of those on the extreme left? How different is it from the backer of Moveon.org? Where do you place him against George Sorus? Sorus has blasted the "right" far more than Jalwell has and with much more venom.
    Did George Soros die? That would be an interesting twist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Did George Soros die? That would be an interesting twist.
    Not only did he not die but I don't think he professes himself to be a man of god preaching whatever intolerance Ben believes. Apples and oranges. Or should I say Apples and prunes....I'll let you decide which is which.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    See post #33-

I think you're losing creditibility rather quickly- so for now - Adios (unless you start responding to questions and not dodge or counter it with a question).

It's too bad, you started out rather well but then....
    Your opinion obviously gets the regard it deserves.

Once his holiness educates himself on the types of questions which can be answered in quantifiable terms versus historically-correct opinion, I'll be glad engage. Until then ... continue chasing your own tail(s).
  13.    #53  
    Perditac, where does it say anything about "or boys?" I cannot find any reference to that statement. Are we just throwing meaningless, feel good words around?

Ben
    sorry for the delay...I was making a major purchase.
    let me refer you to the following:
    Divan Literature
    omayyads
    abassids
    Take time to learn history before you spew an opinion.
    homophobia is a relative newcomer to muslim culture. Now that I think about it...it is a newcomer to greco-roman culture also.
    I did not speak to the morality of homosexuality...just that people who are denied sexual freedom (straight or gay) dream of a heaven that involves sexual promiscuity.
    Are we just throwing meaningless, feel good words around?

Ben
    Sort of like the feel good words "family values" and "personal responsibility" you like to throw around?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ^ Ever notice the dead silence when their record is examined?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Speaking of dead silence ...

He still inspires young terrorists though he's worm food.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3201543
    I do have a life and once in a while do not take the time to read the forums in detail. As for throwing meaningless words around, family values are not meaningless. Feel good is not meaningless either, it has spread itself throughout our society - whatever you want to do is just fine...that is a problem.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    ^ Ever notice the dead silence when their record is examined?
    It goes to show there are extremists on both side and nothing more. I do not approve of his actions.

Ben
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    It goes to show there are extremists on both side and nothing more. I do not approve of his actions.
    Don't you dare look any deeper than the surface, Ben. The truth may just scare you straight! We mustn't have that.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Falwell released from Purgatory. Next stop . . . South!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123