Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We thought protecting our borders was a priority before? NOW WE MUST do something to seal them off. Someone put a president in office who knows what the hell is going on. Seriously

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17874369/
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    If the US hadn't spent the past 50 years creating enemies in South America via CIA-orchestrated paramilitary coups, manipulated elections, supported complicit, brutal dictators [where have I heard that before ], Hezbollah may not have located fertile ground on which to build. That which ye sow ...

Just as in medieval ages, the isolationist castle must have a high wall as its only salvation to prevent being overtaken.
    Seems you've done quite the about face on GWB.. Congrats!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I can't remember but someone sent me statstics of the laws being broken by illegal immigrants and I was really shocked. It was something like 90% of crimes in southern America regions were illegals. Does anyone have any stats? (this is in relation to southern border with Mexico)
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    If the US hadn't spent the past 50 years creating enemies in South America via CIA-orchestrated paramilitary coups, manipulated elections, supported complicit, brutal dictators [where have I heard that before ], Hezbollah may not have located fertile ground on which to build. That which ye sow ...

Just as in medieval ages, the isolationist castle must have a high wall as its only salvation to prevent being overtaken.
    ha, Blame the US first game. How bout we pull out all economic support for these countries, and you will watch all their economies crumble. How bout we destroy any country that offers safe haven to any terrorist group in South America. How bout we actually start defending our borders.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ^ It's no game to take personal responsibility, since one only has direct control over one's own actions. Continue to live in your vacuum, if you so choose.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ^ It's no game to take personal responsibility, since one only has direct control over one's own actions. Continue to live in your vacuum, if you so choose.
    What actions should the U.S. take responsibility for in regards to Hezbollah?

You keep go on living in fantasy land, where we can engage the likes of Hezbollah in meaningful dialog.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps View Post
    What actions should the U.S. take responsibility for in regards to Hezbollah?
    Follow through with its financial commitments to the democratically elected government ... just for starters. We're [once again] creating enemies by taking the low road.

You keep go on living in fantasy land, where we can engage the likes of Hezbollah in meaningful dialog.
    It's fantasy [and farce] to believe that almost a world-wide century of killing outside of declared war, raping foreign governments many of which were democratically elected, destroying foreign elections, millions of innocent lives lost due to US-driven sanctions, using terrorists when we need them-then hanging them when we're through with them, imposing Americanized ideals on those who never made such a request somehow makes the US immune from backflash. It happens. The US deserves better than chronic repeats of its past. When shall we start? I say immediately!
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Yup, just blame one person, it's always Bush's fault, etc.etc.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Follow through with its financial commitments to the democratically elected government ... just for starters. We're [once again] creating enemies by taking the low road.
    What democratically elected goverment are you referring to that has anything to do with Hezbollah?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ^ This is just a sad joke, right?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    What financial agreements do we have with hezbollah?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ^ Look into it.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    That's what I thought. You make an outrageous claim that I ask you to back up, and you ofcourse cannot. Again, I ask what financial agreements do we have with the terrorist organization hezbollah?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    No, it simply isn't worth my time to acknowledge the willfully ignorant's false arguments on subjects of common knowledge. Continue chasing your tail, if you must, but you'll do so alone.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Now that's funny. I would have a lot more respect for you if you just acknowledged you were mistaken, instead of continuing in debating a topic that you clearly keep mentioning facts not based in reality.
  17.    #17  
    If bush can send 35,000 more troops to the hopeless disaster that is iraq now, why will the guy NOT send comparable numbers of troops to guard our borders which are being overrun by not only illegal immigrants, but potentially by al qaeda cells now as well!? (( I think fort dix may just be the start of something, folks. We are fortunate those six were morons and gave themselves away. What happens when others are more industrious?))

Cripes, there are now 11 million people in the US who can't speak English fluently! We have a problem!!!!

This is why hezbollah set up camp in south america - they know our borders are wide the hell open. You can almost see their plan unfolding - get bush to throw the entire US military into Iraq, setup an islamic fundamentalist base camp in South America, train for terrorism and attack an under-defended America by crossing their unguarded border.

Tomups, I hear what you're saying in that it seems people blame bush for everything. Believe me, I voted for the guy twice and I considered myself a republican for a while.

But after watching this moron for 2 terms I can see that Bush lives in his own world of "beliefs" as opposed to reality and practical, sophisticated approaches to the complexities of modern day problems.

He may have good intentions, but the guy doesn't have a freakin clue.

Ok, sure, let's cut off all financial support to countries aiding terrorists and all that, but why can't we concentrate on our border crisis while we're at it?

We can throw billions into a clearly unsuccessful, corrupt iraq but not into an improved border patrol system?

This utterly disgusts me.
    Last edited by treobk214; 05/10/2007 at 08:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    If bush can send 35,000 more troops to the hopeless disaster that is iraq now, why will the guy NOT send comparable numbers of troops to guard our borders which are being overrun by not only illegal immigrants, but potentially by al qaeda cells now as well!?
    Cripes, there are now 11 million people in the US who can't speak English fluently! We have a problem!!!!
    I am amazed why this question is even entertained, Mr. Bush already aswered this in a direct and succinct fashion for those who were paying attention:

"...money trumps peace..."; Pres. G. W. Bush Feb. 2007

While is true he was not talking about the United States but rather about Europe's economic ties with Iran, this single statement could define most of America's domestic and foreign policy over the years and explain much of what is happening in America today.

The border problems span several administrations, Democrat and Republican alike. Beyond the rhetoric there has been no serious action to "secure" the borders by either party. In the face of the potential dangers facing the country, how can they not be "securing" the borders you ask...simple, corporate welfare.

The economic welfare of America's largest corporations dictate an open border policy to allow for low cost labor to continue flowing, notwithstanding the increasing risks to the nation. Unfortunately political parties are beholden to these corporate structures that provide significant economic resources to keep them in power.

To that you have to add the considerable pandering by both political parties to the emerging voting block represented by hispanics in this country.

He may have good intentions, but the guy doesn't have a freakin clue.
    The war on drugs...
    The war on poverty...
    The war on terror...
    The war on...

All in my opinion seem to be rhetorical "battle cries" to rally voters behind a party on election day. In reality, neither seems to be pursued with the zealousness that such endeavors would command.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    I am amazed why this question is even entertained, Mr. Bush already aswered this in a direct and succinct fashion for those who were paying attention:

"...money trumps peace..."; Pres. G. W. Bush Feb. 2007

While is true he was not talking about the United States but rather about Europe's economic ties with Iran, this single statement could define most of America's domestic and foreign policy over the years and explain much of what is happening in America today.

The border problems span several administrations, Democrat and Republican alike. Beyond the rhetoric there has been no serious action to "secure" the borders by either party. In the face of the potential dangers facing the country, how can they not be "securing" the borders you ask...simple, corporate welfare.

The economic welfare of America's largest corporations dictate an open border policy to allow for low cost labor to continue flowing, notwithstanding the increasing risks to the nation. Unfortunately political parties are beholden to these corporate structures that provide significant economic resources to keep them in power.

To that you have to add the considerable pandering by both political parties to the emerging voting block represented by hispanics in this country.

The war on drugs...
    The war on poverty...
    The war on terror...
    The war on...

All in my opinion seem to be rhetorical "battle cries" to rally voters behind a party on election day. In reality, neither seems to be pursued with the zealousness that such endeavors would command.
    When a P&L-like bottom-line is what dictates America's strengths, we're in more trouble than we can buy our way out of. The US paid for Saddam Hussein to be our Middle Eastern badboy and rule Iraq and thwart Iran. That was pure genius. The US paid for bin Laden's support when we needed him and his assets in Afghanistan ... that forward-thinking helped get us where we are today. This nation's first MBA-managed administration is clearly looking at all the wrong [hard] numbers because their political financial support and viability are at stake, while ignoring every soft figure that pays for itself in time.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    The US paid for bin Laden's support when we needed him and his assets in Afghanistan ... that forward-thinking helped get us where we are today.

Please post any reliable link, quote, or text that show the U.S. ever paid bin laden anything. Or, this is just another one of your made up opinions like the Hezbollah financial payment.

The U.S. did support the afghanis against the communists.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast