Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    I may be missing something here just reading through this thread real fast, but isn't this

essentially the same as saying that we are a fault because we didn't pay the protection money? It sure sounds like backbeat is suggesting that we are at fault for terrorists attacking because e haven't paid to keep them from attacking.
    Suddenly I wonder if there might be a new sicilian branch of Hezbollah or something.

Just struck me as a silly way to look at it. We should pay to be safe.
    A more thorough read would reveal my take that 50-years of poor forward thinking regarding US policy in SA has left fertile ground for Hezbollah [or any opposition to the US] to develop. Simple as that. Don't be foolish enough to equate this with support for that opposition.

The $1B in aid to the Lebanese government was the US's idea. And BTW - The quote you referenced is not mine.
    i know it wasn't yours but I interpreted it as a summation of what you were saying. After again ready your posts it certainly seems that you are saying the US is to blame for terrorists because we haven't paid enough to keep it from happening. I realize that is a bit of a generalization, but the main point is still the same.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    i know it wasn't yours but I interpreted it as a summation of what you were saying. After again ready your posts it certainly seems that you are saying the US is to blame for terrorists because we haven't paid enough to keep it from happening. I realize that is a bit of a generalization, but the main point is still the same.
    The US is exempt from consequences when poor forward-thinking within US policies result in less than pro-US conditions in some of the primary South American nations? On a practical and conceptual level, for your personal actions, do you take ownership of the results of your personal decisions? To do otherwise is to claim the false-title of victim.

Are you blaming the US for conceiving the commitment for aiding the democratically elected Lebanese government with $1B? This was the US government's own planned commitment, afterall. Your quasi-accusation of extortion on the part of the Lebanese government is unfounded. One has nothing to do with the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    Serious case of LWS (Last Word Syndrome)
    The next post will probably be a case in point.

Well said, Hobbes. That was a good one, and a new addition to my vocabulary... LWS....
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    In honor...of someone...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    In honor...of someone...
    Are there no reflective surfaces where you live?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456