Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    What specific infraction(s) of what specific agreement(s) is the democratically elected government of Lebanon in violation of regarding its receipt of the US's committed $1B aid package? Apolitical sources, please. Danka.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    How bout we start with the 2 UN resolutions. One demanding Hezbollah disarm, and the other demanding the deployment of forces along the Israeli border.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    What 2 UN resolutions are tied to the US's commitment to $1B in aid to the Lebanese government? Specifics? These Resolutions have numeric designations, just like House Resolutions and Senate Bills, just in case you had no other clue. Please cite your reference(s).
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Sorry, but your arguement is crazy. Lebanon wants billions of dollars in US aid, the US expects Lebanon to live up to its commitements first. In the meantime, they still have received hundreds of millions of dollars while it allows safe haven to a terrorist organization that is setting up camps close to the US border.

If you can't see a problem here, then your hatred of US policy has blinded your judgement.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    No facts? Why am I not surprised that you have no foundation on which to form your [non]argument.

Keep swingin' for the fences ... but, just a suggestion ... use a bat next time.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    No facts? Instead of just replying to my point, you only offer more rhetoric. Typical.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    The visceral issue has been spoken to over the past several pages, yet you repeatedly offer unfounded conjecture disguised as evidence to support fear. Page right out of the Rove Manual of Manipulation. The problem your tactic faces is that America now clearly sees that the King has no clothes. Good luck with that.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ^ Curiously enough, that's the most informed post your side of the aisle has made on the subject.
    Where can I pick up the "Rove Manual of Manipulation" you are speaking of. It must exist as you never ever lack in documentation. Or as stated in another message, is this just more rhetoric?

Take care!

Ben
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ^ How's Kaneohe these days?

Since you're a little late, you may want to find the resources you seek in the past few days ... prior to trolling-tom's incessant speculation.
    Serious case of LWS (Last Word Syndrome)
    The next post will probably be a case in point.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    The visceral issue has been spoken to over the past several pages, yet you repeatedly offer unfounded conjecture disguised as evidence to support fear. Page right out of the Rove Manual of Manipulation. The problem your tactic faces is that America now clearly sees that the King has no clothes. Good luck with that.
    This is your best post ever backbeat. I just want to get this straight....

At the beginning of this thread, your point was the U.S. was at fault for terrorist training camps on its borders in part because of failed financial obligations. When pressed about this comment, you implied Lebanon. I brought up a few interesting FACTS that might be getting in the way of Lebanon receiving the billion dollars of U.S. taxpayer money that you have pointed to as a reason for these terrorist camps. Here they are again.

Fact 1. Lebanon has ignored multiple UN resolutions. The first demanding that Hezbollah disarm (the same terrorist organization setting up shop in South America). The second deploying forces on its border with Israel to prevent another War.

Fact 2. Hezbollah operates freely out of Lebanon, while receiving arms and money from both Syria and Iran. Hezbollah has killed more Americans than any other terrorist organization except Al- qaeda including 220 marines in 1983.

Fact 3. The U.S. has still sent hundreds of millions of dollars in aid to Lebanon.

You can maybe see why the U.S. government might have some interest in holding Lebanon up to its obligations before handing over 1 billion dollars.

Now, I have repeatedly brought up these facts. Instead of responding to them in a somewhat intelligent manner, you offer only rhetoric, name calling, unintelligable run on sentences, and some type of weird Rove name dropping.

So please, spare me the troll remarks, and either offer something constructive to the topic, or perhaps just remain silent.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Hey Tom ... The 90's just called ... It wants its trolling methods back.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Hey Tom ... The 90's just called ... It wants its trolling methods back.

Another fantistic, intelligent, thought provoking, on topic, and constructive post by backbeat. Well done.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Ever heard the song, 'It's All Been Done Before'? You should be able to take it to heart.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Ever heard the song, 'It's All Been Done Before'? You should be able to take it to heart.
    Nicely done. You are proving my point exactly. You have continously failed to respond to the facts that I have mentioned. The only reason for this that I can determine is that you simply cannot think of anything to say.

So, I guess we all must agree with your posts and not have any thoughts of our own. If we do, we are trolls, or mindless Rove worshippers. So to make this easy I will declare that "Backbeat is right about all matters. He is King of the treo discussion boards".

You can ofcourse have the last word. I choose not to play your immature game anymore.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps View Post
    Nicely done. You are proving my point exactly. You have continously failed to respond to the facts that I have mentioned.
    Since no facts were referenced, alas ... I was left without a response.

I choose not to play your immature game anymore.
    You invented the game. Well, you and your [formerly] masked marauders. But, since the 'game' is approaching 20 years in age, you and yours are known. "Oooo-Oooo ... It's All Been Done Before ... Oooo-Oooo"
    I may be missing something here just reading through this thread real fast, but isn't this
    the U.S. was at fault for terrorist training camps on its borders in part because of failed financial obligations.
    essentially the same as saying that we are a fault because we didn't pay the protection money? It sure sounds like backbeat is suggesting that we are at fault for terrorists attacking because e haven't paid to keep them from attacking.
    Suddenly I wonder if there might be a new sicilian branch of Hezbollah or something.

Just struck me as a silly way to look at it. We should pay to be safe.
    I still have not found "Rove Manual of Manipulation." And Woof, that is precisely what he is saying.

Ben
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast