Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps View Post
    you do realize that in 2006 alone, the US sent over $200 million to Lebanon. Check it out, its just a quick google away.
    Amazing! It's always a deflection of the central subject, ignoring the central issue, or changing of the subject. Just like clockwork.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    Amazing! It's always a deflection of the central subject, ignoring the central issue, or changing of the subject. Just like clockwork.
    not sure I understand you at all anymore. Not sure I really care either.

I'm sure most countries would love to have the US not "live up to its financial obligations" while still receiving hundreds of millions of dollars.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    not sure I understand you at all anymore. Not sure I really care either.
    That was painfully clear 3 pages ago when you were committed to the argument that a current Lebanese Prime Minister was assassinated while in office and that the US had made no financial commitment to Lebanon after it had a democratically elected government.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    That was painfully clear 3 pages ago when you were committed to the argument that a current Lebanese Prime Minister was assassinated while in office and that the US had made no financial commitment to Lebanon after it had a democratically elected government.
    not painfully clear to you is that the US was the second biggest donor of money to Lebanon in 2006. Again I ask, for the last time, how is this not living up to our financial agreement? How does the fact that the US has given billions of dollars to Lebanon in the past some how get forgotten by you when trying to excuse Hezbollah building bases in South America? How many more billions do the American taxpayers have to give in your eyes until our financial obligation is met?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    I was making referrence to the failed reconstruction commitments from the US to Lebanon following the 1975 civil war. I guess this is not exactly what backbeat was alluding to on his prior post.
    Again I would ask what the billions of American taxpayer dollars given to Lebanon since then have gone to? How much is enough so we do not make Hezbollah mad at us and allow them to build bases on our borders?

I'm bored of this arguement.
    Last edited by TomUps; 05/10/2007 at 10:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    not painfully clear to you is that the US was the second biggest donor of money to Lebanon in 2006. Again I ask, for the last time, how is this not living up to our financial agreement?
    According to George W's fuzzy-math, the difference is about $550M he personally pledged of taxpayor funds. How is it that the concept of what you deliver on a commitment [$200M] compared to your commitment [$1B] as 'not living up to our financial agreement' doesn't resonate?

How does the fact that the US has given billions of dollars to Lebanon in the past some how get forgotten by you when trying to excuse Hezbollah building bases in South America?
    You're confusing my understanding of the domino effect of events that transpired which allowed Hezbollah to have a South American presense for 'excusing' Hezbollah.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    Man....I should have said, I hope my post was not taken as an attack.

I did address my point of view in the other forum very thoroughly and didn't realize my opinion or answering every point from every poster in that thread was in question.

I was only trying to help and even support you this thread, and I still get a personal attack!

don't worry about it, Hobbes- He called me stupid too.

And watch him respond to this posting saying he never did.

For his sake,I'll say that he "implied" that I was stupid.

You know, feed the troll, the troll comes back for more. later for now.
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ^Quote it.
    With House Resolution and Senate Bill references provided, something tells me this is disingenuous. But, to make it really easy, try The Military Commissions Act of 2006 from a non-partisan/non op-ed source.
    Man....I really did give a good try. I was trying to be honest and learn more of your point of view. I thank you for finally (after several requests) giving some cite to your statement (the numbers didn't tell me anything about what they were voting about), but each time it is always a slap across the face personal degrading comment with each exchange of sincere inquiries.

I personally enjoy a good debate. I enjoy learning of new views, opinion, and positions. I have even recognized good arguments that is well supported and changed my view with new information or evidence presented in discussions that I have had with members from all political, religious, and nationality spectrum's. But Backbeat you make so challenging to hold civil conversation with your continual degrading comments in every other post....even against those who are trying to help you.

I have to be honest as I am beginning to think it is more work than it is worth and probably just easier to ignore if I have to continually ignore the personal slanted backhanded attacks in order to reply in a civil manner to any of your posts.....especially with an honest effort to understand more fully your statements that triggered some interest in me.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 05/11/2007 at 01:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    don't worry about it, Hobbes- He called me stupid too.

And watch him respond to this posting saying he never did.

For his sake,I'll say that he "implied" that I was stupid.

You know, feed the troll, the troll comes back for more. later for now.
    Yes I fully agree. I just wanted to really try on this thread to help him by providing support and links to his claims he refused to cite. Then try to understand his position and wanting to read more about it.....but back to the ignore list then.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Isn't this little virtual gang-up precious?
    Virtual?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    Virtual?
    I'm supposed to be concerned?
    Concerned about what?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    Concerned about what?
    Your virtual gang of masked marauders.

Then again, they are no longer exactly masked, now are they?
    Your virtual gang of masked marauders.

Then again, they are no longer exactly masked, now are they?
    All I can say is you're a piece of work
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Someone rain on your parade?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    According to George W's fuzzy-math, the difference is about $550M he personally pledged of taxpayor funds. How is it that the concept of what you deliver on a commitment [$200M] compared to your commitment [$1B] as 'not living up to our financial agreement' doesn't resonate?

You're confusing my understanding of the domino effect of events that transpired which allowed Hezbollah to have a South American presense for 'excusing' Hezbollah.

Maybe then Lebanon should abide by the treaties, agreements, and resolutions that the world body expects them to. Your taking the U.S. to task for withholding some money until this happens, while at the same time still sending hundreds of millions? Does Lebanon have any responsibility here or do they just expect a blank check?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Maybe then Lebanon should abide by the treaties, agreements, and resolutions that the world body expects them to. Your taking the U.S. to task for withholding some money until this happens, while at the same time still sending hundreds of millions? Does Lebanon have any responsibility here or do they just expect a blank check?
    Disingenuously mischaracterized circumstances, considering the history in this thread.

Is this really the most intellectual honesty your side of the aisle can produce? And you wonder why America has had enough?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Disingenuously mischaracterized circumstances, considering the history in this thread.

Is this really the most intellectual honesty your side of the aisle can produce? And you wonder why America has had enough?

huh. In English please.

Lebanon has not lived up to their side of their agreements. I think we should establish a terrorist base on their border. This is your logic afterall.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast