Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Your relentless slander and deprication of others is rapidly eroding the credibility of your message, casting you rapidly into irrelevancy.

We may disagree with each other's point of view, but we exchange ideas in a respectful fashion without resorting to insults or mockery...why can't you?
    Considering the slander I've also withstood which is not being pointed out by anyone else, your point is noted.
    Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    I suppose that Marine was just gifted?
    You seem to have a skewed opinion on the military. I'm a veteran and in all my training, from BCT AIT, Airborne, RIP/RTB, etc, I have never been taught to, nor did I ever ******* on anyone.

Don't make ridiculous generalizations. As bclinger said, that's not the norm.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    You seem to have a skewed opinion on the military. I'm a veteran and in all my training, from BCT AIT, Airborne, RIP/RTB, etc, I have never been taught to, nor did I ever ******* on anyone.

Don't make ridiculous generalizations. As bclinger said, that's not the norm.
    J-F-C! It was a simple play on words! No ridiculous generalization was made.

Don't assume too much about my familiarity with military. You're far from correct.

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    the average soldier does no ******* on the head of anyone.
    Does urinating on an innocent Iraqi corpse's head count?

It should be clear by now with all the responses clarifying the intent of the OP that daThomas was interested in responses higher than purely visceral. I think we've all acknowledged that if such an act had been carried out, it would be egregious.
    Gee, I thought I was responding to da Thomas....are you speaking for him?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Your relentless slander and deprication of others is rapidly eroding the credibility of your message, casting you rapidly into irrelevancy.

We may disagree with each other's point of view, but we exchange ideas in a respectful fashion without resorting to insults or mockery...why can't you?
    Well put
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ^ Your pile-on is noted.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    6 Charged in Plot to Attack Army Post

Not to be a smart *** here, but technically, I don't think that's "terrorism". I mean if it's a planned attack it should be stopped and prosecuted but I think that's a legitimate target (not that I think they should be attacked).

Thoughts?
    Hmmmmm.

The article only introduces the men as "foreign-born muslims." It further states there is no known connection to a. q. As such, "terrorism" is the right term, as it is an unprovoked act outside of the context of the known conflict.

The only factor that makes it a "legitimate target" is that in the mind of the jihadist, death of any infidel in any setting is in accordance to plan.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle View Post
    My God does it matter whether it's terrorism or combat, I mean really
    I believe I made my point regarding the overuse of the term.
  10.    #90  
    ... And yes, young terrorists are brought up exactly that way - kill Americans for no reason.
    This very statement tells me you have put very little thought into this.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I have often wondered recently if there is anything good in American life from your view point.

Ben
    Corndogs.

Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    The article only introduces the men as "foreign-born muslims." It further states there is no known connection to a. q. As such, "terrorism" is the right term, as it is an unprovoked act outside of the context of the known conflict.
    How does provocation enter into whether or not it's terrorism? Who decides what or what is not provocation?
    The only factor that makes it a "legitimate target" is that in the mind of the jihadist, death of any infidel in any setting is in accordance to plan.
    His point was more that it was a military target, which if one is going to attack a country is a legitimate target. That being said, I think that single phrase could have been left out to avoid these diversions off the main point.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    After reading the whole thread (and agreeing with DaThomas), I have to say that almost EVERY SINGLE post by backbeat seams to lead me to the idea that he hates the USA. All of his posts are either in defense of militant muslims or against the USA. I don't understand people like this, and probably never will.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    After reading the whole thread (and agreeing with DaThomas), I have to say that almost EVERY SINGLE post by backbeat seams to lead me to the idea that he hates the USA. All of his posts are either in defense of militant muslims or against the USA. I don't understand people like this, and probably never will.
    As a hobby, I also like to run over kittens with my Prius.
  15.    #95  
    BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH!
    Now THAT would definitely be considered terrorism, unless of course the cat had previously issued a fatwa/jihad against you.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Corndogs.

wow, I got a good laugh after that one, even considering our sometimes heated debate....kudos to you
  18.    #98  
    wow, I got a good laugh after that one, even considering our sometimes heated debate....kudos to you
    Thanks! Have a good weekend ttrundle!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345