1.    #1  
    Am I the only Treo central member that likes boxing?

I can't believe no one has talked about this fight with the huge build-up and their opinions on the final results.

I predicted Mayweather in 12 and he won by spilt decision. The judge that gave Oscar the win must have been doing drugs at the time.
    They both missed a lot of punches, but Mayweather landed more and they were cleaner, harder, and more accurate than Dela Hoya's.

Oscar was doing well throwing the jab, but probably couldn't keep that pace for 12 rounds so he stopped. He mainly threw punches when Floyd went to the ropes, and he tried to rally at the end of every round ala Ray Leonard.

I don't really like either fighter, and for the first time I was pulling for Mayweather.
    Don't like boxing much- but if the opportunity arises to watch a different sport in the same vein "International fighting"- now that's something I don't mind watching from time to time.
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    Am I the only Treo central member that likes boxing?

I can't believe no one has talked about this fight with the huge build-up and their opinions on the final results.

I predicted Mayweather in 12 and he won by spilt decision. The judge that gave Oscar the win must have been doing drugs at the time.
    They both missed a lot of punches, but Mayweather landed more and they were cleaner, harder, and more accurate than Dela Hoya's.

Oscar was doing well throwing the jab, but probably couldn't keep that pace for 12 rounds so he stopped. He mainly threw punches when Floyd went to the ropes, and he tried to rally at the end of every round ala Ray Leonard.

I don't really like either fighter, and for the first time I was pulling for Mayweather.
    I have to say, I think the fight was overhyped, and even though each are great boxers, neither is of the calibur of a Duran or Sugar Ray. I was kind of rooting for De La Hoya, but while De La Hoya certainly has energy and heart, and has that knock out punch, Mayweather was too quick, too polished a boxer and too smart to let him land it properly.