1.    #1  
    What the hell? UPS just delivered a tube containing two iMac "YUM" posters. I did order a MacOS X T-shirt a while back, but I never requested an iMac poster, let alone two. Has anyone else had a similar experience? My credit card was dinged for the T-shirt, which I did receive a couple weeks ago, but I see no charge or bill enclosed for the posters.

The address on the tube says; Apple Computer Startingline in Aurora Colorado.

I sure as hell hope these are gifts, because I'm not paying for them. Oh well, maybe Apple really is desperate for my business! =)
    If your computer buying habits are anything like what you've posted your PDA buying habits are, they probably figure you're a good bet to buy an imac!

just kidding...

If you don't want one of them posters, send it my way...
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    If your computer buying habits are anything like what you've posted your PDA buying habits are, they probably figure you're a good bet to buy an imac!
    LOL! Like I said in a previous posting; I may go through PDAs like Pez dispensers, but I rarely buy a computer! My current system that I'm typing this message on is a 3 year old Pentium II system that I purchased from DELL. The last computer I bought was a Gateway Solo Notebook in 99 (my first portable PC). That's it.

I look at computers as an investment, and have no desire to latch on to every new thing that comes along. I bypassed the Pentium III and AMD Athlon completely, and were it not for the fact that my current system is becoming too slow to handle my workload, I probably wouldn't be buying a new system at all. Apple's going to have to try a lot harder than posters to get me to buy a Mac. And if I do....it won't be an iMac!
    Originally posted by foo fighter
    ...And if I do....it won't be an iMac!
    What are you saying exactly?
    j/k
    I heard a powerbook calling your name.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    What are you saying exactly?
    Ha! Don't take that the wrong way, I didn't mean the iMac is bad computer. It's just the wrong type of system for me. If I do become a Mac user, it will be the PowerMac G4 tower.

I heard a powerbook calling your name.
    If only I could afford one! $2,600 is too rich for my blood, even for a sleek sexy portable. I think I'm better off buying the low-end PowerMac G4 tower for around $1500. On the other hand, I do like the idea of having a 15" LCD to work with, but still...$2600!?!?! ouch!

were it not for the fact that my current system is becoming too slow to handle my workload, I probably wouldn't be buying a new system at all
    I'm just curious as to how your workload's changed so that you need a new computer? As for me I started playing more computer games and making more MP3's. Still I've had "only" five desktop computers in my life... and two of them were the Apple IIe and Apple IIgs.
    Ha! Don't take that the wrong way, I didn't mean the iMac is bad computer. It's just the wrong type of system for me. If I do become a Mac user, it will be the PowerMac G4 tower.
    I didn't. I just couldn't resist, what with the dust settling (?) from the last "discussion."

If only I could afford one! $2,600 is too rich for my blood, even for a sleek sexy portable. I think I'm better off buying the low-end PowerMac G4 tower for around $1500. On the other hand, I do like the idea of having a 15" LCD to work with, but still...$2600!?!?! ouch!
    But, boy oh boy, does that powerbook look sweet. What a machine!
    -Joshua
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by dalamar70
    I'm just curious as to how your workload's changed so that you need a new computer?
    Well for starters, high-end applications such as Photoshop and illustrator barely chug along on this system, even with 128MB installed. It seems with every software upgrade, application performance decreases. For example, Dreamweaver 1.2 ran fine, but version 3.O drags its tail. Same with Fireworks. Also, I stupidly cut a few corners when buying this system back in 98. Instead of spending a little more money on a better system, I chose the cheap route with this PII 350. It has onboard video/audio, and the hard drive is only 5400 RPM (and I'm running out room on this 8 gig drive).

Needless to say, that's the last time I will every buy a "budget system".

As for me I started playing more computer games and making more MP3's.
    Gaming isn't really a big thing with me, but I am an MP3 fanatic. Even playing MP3s or QuickTime clips is horribly slow! And since this system doesn't have a CD-RW, I can't even burn my music onto CD. I'm going to have lots of fun just trying to migrate all these MP3s onto a new system. We'll see if I can network the two together. Windows is always deaf and dumb at seeing other PCs on a network.
    Last edited by foo fighter; 04/18/2001 at 10:28 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Hmm..maybe an iMac is in my future after all. Check this out:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/0104/newimac.shtml
    Hmm..maybe an iMac is in my future after all. Check this out:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/0104/newimac.shtml
    Man! Computers do devalue faster than real-estate in Chernobyl. Mine might be upgraded twice within a 6 month period.

Although it's a credit to Apple that I love what they're doing, but am still pleased as can be with what I have (not to mention it's exandable enough to do all the bells and whistles the new ones can). I should've gotten ruby, though.
    -Joshua
    What the hell? UPS just delivered a tube containing two iMac "YUM" posters.
    If you're interested in selling one, I'll buy. I lost my original "YUM" poster during an office move. I also lost one of the original Palm V posters, the one with the motorcycle. At least the thief had good taste...
    "When I am Empress...Heads will roll!"
    Queen of Parts
    hmm.. I'll gladly take one to post in my room. (along with other posters of comptuers.. sad life I have) If you pay :-D

hehehehehe
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    say, foo -- what did you ever do with those posters?
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    You're complaining about the fact that Apple sent you two posters? Gimme one of em!

Nah, I bought the very first iMac to grace the shelves of CompUSA in Cincinnati. To this day, I have not regretted it. To this day it's fast enough for me to run such powerhouse apps as Flash 4, Imageready, Painter Classic, even Bryce 4! (I did have to upgrade the memory!)

It's a great computer. It waxes my old 500mhz laptop (well, I had to turn it in) .

Just don't stick thumbtacks in the CD-Rom drive.
    <b><font size=1 color=teal>"Sorry about the whole thing about losing your life savings, but that Palmpilot is property of Enron, so please give it back"