1.    #1  
    On your PBS TV stations.. today on Charlie Rose (typically broadcast at 11:00 PM or midnight).

It will be interesting to hear GWB in an extended interview on a non-Fox station. No sound bites here.. only long questions and answers.

http://www.charlierose.com/
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Is the interview edited?

Free format or were all questions submitted to/approved by the White House prior?

Did Charlie Rose have to sign a Loyalty Oath?
    Of couse it's edited...it's FOX! Loyalty oath? IT'S FOX! How much more loyal do you want?
    Um, no. PBS is not owned by Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Um, no. PBS is not owned by Fox.
    LOL...sorry about that....got caught up with the Fox thing. Just reread his post and noticed the "non-Fox" comment. Doh!

So how'd he do? I didn't see it myself.
    Off Topic: I have to say that I find the whole Fox issue kind of funny. I know liberals (and even some on this forum) have totally refused to recognize a news article that did not match up with their own political perspective for the sole reason that it came from Fox.

For years many conservatives yelled CNN leans left with liberals yelling back foul, that it does not. Now that FOX is so popular the same thing is happening but flipped around. Many libs yell that Fox leans right and still fail to recognize that CNN leans left.

Don't just slam one and throw the baby out with the bathwater without holding the other to the same standards. The point is ALL news rooms, magazines, newspapers, etc... have a political leaning. Some right. Some left. Watch both and get both perspectives.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 04/25/2007 at 01:35 AM.
  7.    #7  
    I don't recall any serious journalistic achievement by Fox news other than "scoops" like exclusive interviews by **** Cheney or other administrative folks.

Can you give some examples of Fox News breaking a story (domestic or international)?

The problem is that even if MSM media leans a "little" left, Fox News feels like compensating for all of them by being waaaay to the right in such a way that makes them non-credible (to me).

PS: I watch some Fox news daily (it is the network of choice for news coverage at work), including Fox News Sunday regularly.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    The problem is that even if MSM media leans a "little" left, Fox News feels like compensating for all of them by being waaaay to the right in such a way that makes them non-credible (to me).
    When any credible news agency has a former Democratic National Committee Chairman at its helm, with consistent overt infusion of political dogma into its day-to-day news coverage, then and only then can one claim, with integrity, that Fox News has an equally unBalanced counterpart.
    how did it go? What was covered and what was said?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Just curious if you hold other orgs, like the NY Times, to the same standard as they are obviously far left leaning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    how did it go? What was covered and what was said?
    You can watch it at http://www.charlierose.com/
    Hmm. I was watching it for free on charlierose.com, but midway through, I had to pause it when I got a call. After that, it wouldn't play anymore. And I see now they're charging to watch it. I think the site changed business models in the last hour.

edit: Never mind. Just "Buy" at Google and you can still watch for free.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    Just curious if you hold other orgs, like the NY Times, to the same standard as they are obviously far left leaning?
    'Left leaning' = rabid defenders of free speech and transparent, accountable government?
    Bush was vague, avoided several questions and Rose didn't dig or pry for them. The interview was almost pointless. It was simply the party-lines, be patient, don't create a vacuum, al queda and 911 name droppings. It would have been much more interesting to hear him comment on the Frontline episode Hot Politics which aired prior. Too bad they refused to comment on it, as did Clinton Gore.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    I just don't see other news orgs making the outrageous statements and outright attacks that Fox does. e.g. I don't see Katie Couric saying that Republicans are "weak on defense" or other Bush-party FUD. Instead I think she tries to present both views, and while she may have a personal bias there is at least an attempt to hide it.

But I'm open to be proven wrong. I keep tabs on mediamatters.com but I know they are a liberal site. If anyone knows of an independent site that tracks how many GOP guests vs. Dem, how many direct attacks are made from one side to the other, how many untruths are presented by one or the other, etc. I'd love to know myself.

But the short answer to your questions is that I find Fox to be outrageous in their presentation of the conservative agenda - to the extent that I see no other network attack the other side quite like Fox does. In fact, my opion is the MSM is afraid to report much of anything these days the way it outght to be report for fear they'll be accused of being the "liberal media".
    Last edited by moderateinny; 04/25/2007 at 07:56 PM.