Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    It's funny a lot of you talking about evolution and saying that we came from fish (the gills thing) when science has prove that a species cannot change to another species with DNA evidence.
    say a cats DNA will never change to a dogs DNA no matter what. Now it can evolve inside its own species.
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    It's funny a lot of you talking about evolution and saying that we came from fish (the gills thing) when science has prove that a species cannot change to another species with DNA evidence.
    say a cats DNA will never change to a dogs DNA no matter what. Now it can evolve inside its own species.
    What really happened then?

Surur
    Does anybody really know?
    I myself will wait till I get to heaven and I have a lot of questions for the big guy.
    I myself will wait till I get to heaven and I have a lot of questions for the big guy.
    Ditto. If heaven exists then I hope to find out someday. Same with the big guy. So many burning questions for him...did Oswald really kill JFK? Is there really an Area 54 in Nevada? Did Marlyn Monroe die of suicide? Will Sanjaya be back on American Idol (if he is a compasionate god, he will not)?
    What if there's no heaven? You would have lived your life fore-swearing a whole lot of wisdom.

Surur
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backbeat
    Adam & Eve ... literal? Yes or No?
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    I would say yes.
    For starters: How old was Adam when he was created? Same for Eve?

Were there other human creations besides them?
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    What really happened then?

Surur
    Each species was created seperately.

When we speak of evolution, there are two types:

Microevolution - things change within a species

Macroevolution - one species can spontaneously change into another species

There is nothing worng with Microevolution. That is the evolutionary changes that Darwin saw and wrote about. Finches with different kinds of beaks. They were are still finches.

Macroevolution is where we get into some strange things. Darwin never proposed Macroevolution, and scoffed at it when others took his idea to an extreme. As was stated above, there is scientifically no way that a species can change into another species. We have never seen it happen, and there is no evidence to support such a claim.

People bring up Lucy all the time to support Macroevolution. "Lucy" or Australopithecus afarensis is supposed to be a transitional species in the line from ape to man. Unfortunately, the very things people hold up as evidence are not even there. They point to the skelton from the waist down to prove it walked upright. They say that the hip socket is that of a biped, and the feet are those of a biped. Half of the pelvis of Lucy was found shattered and in over 40 pieces. A scientist made casts of the bone fragments, polished the casts, and put them together in a way that he could overcome "distortion" that he found in the pelvis. Thus eliminating the "distortion" he had a model of a half pelvis that fit exactly what he was trying to create. The feet that were said to be bipedal were actually never found.

Source: http://www.scienceagainstevolution.org/v4i5f.htm
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    For starters: How old was Adam when he was created? Same for Eve?

Were there other human creations besides them?
    They were created as at least teenagers. We know this because God tells them "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it" Genesis 1:28

We are not told a specific age, but we are told they can sexually reproduce the moment they are created.

As far as other human creations, the Bible does not metion any.
    The chicken came before the egg.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Musicman, explain whales to me then.

Surur
    A quote from your own link:

Emphasis is my own.
    I agree with the quote, science is always just our best guess based on the available evidence. And evolution falls in that category. But why do you feel that your own personal beliefs need science's validation anyway, they just need your validation.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 04/24/2007 at 06:02 PM.
  12.    #52  
    Genesis 1
    20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

That explain it enough?
  13.    #53  
    I am talking about clear intermediate fossils and clear evidence of a terrestrial origin, plus numerous creatures in various intermediate niches, e.g. hippopotamus and seals.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I am talking about clear intermediate fossils and clear evidence of a terrestrial origin, plus numerous creatures in various intermediate niches, e.g. hippopotamus and seals.

Surur

First sentence of the second paragraph in your Whale link is...

"Some details remain fuzzy and under investigation."
    You do know those pages still imply a million year old Earth, which contradicts your central belief. It confuses scientific debate with complete lack of evidence, which is pretty deceptive.

Surur
    First sentence in the summary of the Whale link...

"None of these animals is necessarily a direct ancestor of the whales we know today"
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post

First sentence of the second paragraph in your Whale link is...

"Some details remain fuzzy and under investigation.
    Second sentence.

But we know for certain that this back-to-the-water evolution did occur, thanks to a profusion of intermediate fossils that have been uncovered over the past two decades.

It would not be science if things did not remain under investigation. Even gravity is still being investigated.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    First sentence in the summary of the Whale link...

"None of these animals is necessarily a direct ancestor of the whales we know today"
    Selective quoting for the win.

None of these animals is necessarily a direct ancestor of the whales we know today; they may be side branches of the family tree. But the important thing is that each fossil whale shares new, whale-like features with the whales we know today, and in the fossil record, we can observe the gradual accumulation of these aquatic adaptations in the lineage that led to modern whales.

As evolutionary biologist Neil Shubin points out, "In one sense, evolution didn't invent anything new with whales. It was just tinkering with land mammals. It's using the old to make the new."
    Surur
    Any data following comments like "things are fuzzy, but we know for certain" just are not or at least should not be considered evidence.
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast