Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ^ What feels good about an abortion? How many have you had?
    Partial birth abortion is murder.

How about that for feel good...
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ^ Tell that to the widowers who lose their wives under this dark-ages ruling.
  4.    #24  
    I do believe you are having a bit of a problem with this topic. I speak of the "feel good mentality" that secular society pushes forth.

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    ^ What feels good about an abortion? How many have you had?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I do believe you are having a bit of a problem with this topic.
    Given the myths you believe to be factual, I'm not surprised.
  6.    #26  
    You keep saying these things - can you point to us where this is happening? Again as I have asked - what does killing a child at birth have to do with this? If the child is born alive or killed - how does that affect the health/welfare of the mother?

That is exactly how I would address the issue to those widowers who lose their wives - but it sure has nothing to do with whether the child is alive or dead.

Just admit it - you want to be able to do what you what when you want with no restrictions - that is a "feel good" society.

Ben

^ Tell that to the widowers who lose their wives under this dark-ages ruling.
  7.    #27  
    What myths? Please point us toward the truth.

Ben

Given the myths you believe to be factual, I'm not surprised.
    Please respond, BB. I want to know and live the truth. I will not Google or research anywhere else for answers. I await the truth from yOU.
  9.    #29  
    No one has yet to point to any circumstance where there is definite proof that a partial birth abortion can save a mother's life. No one has yet to produce anything that shows this act in any other light other than the murder of a viable child. This act is nothing less than barbarism in the light of "individual rights," rights that allow a person to do anything desired at any time with no regard for the consequences.

The throwing of Jefferson quotes gets us no where. Pretty words get no where. This is something the people of society need to decide, not the courts. If you want to make partial birth abortions legal, the do it through the legislative system and you and I both know it will never pass.

I do not have the right to legislate for anyone and neither do you. The population though DOES have the right to legislate through the legislature. Legislation obtained through the court system is legislation that is unbalanced. Do it right, the way it was intended.

Also, when are you going to answer the bunches of questions asked of you?

Ben
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    That is exactly how I would address the issue to those widowers who lose their wives - but it sure has nothing to do with whether the child is alive or dead.

Ben
    What gives you the authority to legislatively sacrifice the life or health of a woman?

Truth - 101:

http://www.ajog.org/article/PIIS0002...03837/fulltext

http://www.ajog.org/article/PIIS0002...02937804003837
  11.    #31  
    It still does not answer the question - how does the killing of a child at birth enhance the life of the mother? Where is the medical necessity to kill a child at birth?

Words - feel good - empty, meaningless words.

Ben
  12.    #32  
    To close my participation in this thread of death, the unnecessary death of a child for any reason is murder. Whether you want to sanction it via a doctor's statement that does not address why the child must be killed at death to save the mother, well, that is your choice.

Murder it is no matter how you dress it up in pretty words.

Ben
    Well I'm right down the middle on this - the procedure is vile to be sure and I agree with a ban. Fortunately it is extrememly rare...

HOWEVER, it is disturbing that there is no provision for women who are deemed to be at risk by their doctor. It would be a sad and horrible decision for a women to choose between her own life or her baby's....but it should be her decision and her decision alone (assuming she is mentally competent). Our government is NOT god and should not be able to legislatively MURDER the mother and decide who lives and who dies in the case of a high-risk pregnancy.
  14.    #34  
    Why should there be? Why oh why - please somebody tell me why it is so important to kill the baby? No one other than the people have a right to legislate - the courts are not there to legislate - that is the right and duty of the people of the land - in this country that means the legislative branch.

Also if the pregnancy is high-risk then what about a C-section? It just does not make sense.

Ben
    Why should there be? Why oh why - please somebody tell me why it is so important to kill the baby? No one other than the people have a right to legislate - the courts are not there to legislate - that is the right and duty of the people of the land - in this country that means the legislative branch.

Also if the pregnancy is high-risk then what about a C-section? It just does not make sense.

Ben
    How about a baby with hydrocephalus?

(I chose a simple illustration just to educate, not shock)

This baby is alive, but non viable, and at late term the head is too big to deliver cervically. Basically this law condemns this women to having a Cesarean section, vs a safer procedure with less trauma to her womb and later fertility.

Surur
    Hey, Backbeat. How old are you dude? Sending stupid, insulting PM's is juvenile and ignorant...but obviously that's your M.O.

I stated my opion. Get over it...or don't.
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    The amount of partial birth abortions are very small (approx. 2200 a year out of almost a million)
    Some conservative estimates put the number at over twice that amount.

However, the actual numbers are irrelevant IMO. The act of killing even ONE child this way isn't wrong if there were a million partial birth abortions per year nor is it acceptable to destroy viable human life this way simply because this procedure is done a mere 2,200 per year.

Numbers don't determine morality. Rape wouldn't cease to be wrong if the number of rapes fell below 2,000 a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    ...Im more concerned about what this will do for parents who discover that they have an anencephlic baby (or some other severe birth defect) and the associated costs of bringing those babies to term.
    Specific malady not withstanding, do you really want society making decisions on how long you get to live based on the cost of your maintenance?

It's easy to make a case based on the extremes. However, it is the impact on the normal range that is worrisome.

Sure, you're in decent shape today (at least it seems so from your picture). But, what if you break your finger? Should we keep you around? Ok, then. What if you lose your sight? Or, maybe your arm? Become paralyzed from the waist down?
    it's a horrible and barbaric procedure...glad it's gone.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Hey, Backbeat. How old are you dude? Sending stupid, insulting PM's is juvenile and ignorant...but obviously that's your M.O.

I stated my opion. Get over it...or don't.
    My apologies. That was actually a joke, and intended for someone else (on my side of the aisle).
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast