Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    do you all think its ok to buy a house that was treated for termites? I'm trying to buy a house and am seeing so many homes that were treated for termites.
    As long as there is no structural damage. If you live in a "termite" area then its most often "when not if ". Also the termite treatments in my area are gauranteed for several years. In some ways thats better than one that has never been treated. There is one type of termite that cant be prevented, its just luck of the draw when they swarm and the wind blows. You could have a house test negative and then get them the next day.

I would suggest calling a few pest companies find one that likes to talk about it, and get an education. Before moving where we live now, I believed once you had termites, the house was junk. The fact is they are 100% treatable. The only real caution is whether or not the house needs structural repair.

Why don't these Treos come with a termite detector?! This guy obviously needs one and Damn it!! Palm should've known that.

Runs off looking for that class action thread...
    Nice sxtg...get them all into a frenzy

It's required in Georgia to have a termite prevention service...I'm not sure many people here know that. Why don't you just hire an inspector to check for previous termite damage?
    Here, in India, termites in the house are considered bad-luck. Time to pack your bags and leave (for good).
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Nice sxtg...get them all into a frenzy

It's required in Georgia to have a termite prevention service...I'm not sure many people here know that. Why don't you just hire an inspector to check for previous termite damage?
    Quote Originally Posted by AnyUser View Post
    do you all think its ok to buy a house that was treated for termites? I'm trying to buy a house and am seeing so many homes that were treated for termites.
    Define treated for termites. Were they previously infested, or are they just under some sort of preventive contract? If the former, I think it depends on the extent of the infestation.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Define treated for termites. Were they previously infested, or are they just under some sort of preventive contract? If the former, I think it depends on the extent of the infestation.
    I saw drill marks in the laundry area along the wall; in the basement. so, I assume its been treated. the current owner says she never had a problem so I quess the previous owners treated it.
    Sounds like you should have it professionally inspected.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Sounds like you should have it professionally inspected.
    Hmmmm...where have I seen that advice before?
    Hmmmm...where have I seen that advice before?
    Somebody else with sense in Georgia posted it.
    Somebody else with sense in Georgia posted it.
    No one ever listens to me...
    No one ever listens to me...
    I hear bits-n-pieces
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    I hear bits-n-pieces
    coming from the licensed architects at my firm.....as long as its been treated, and you have a certification saying it has been mitigated, then you should be fine.
    When I saw the title to this thread I thought it was another 700p/Palm-bashing thread. To think the thread stayed mostly on topic. Sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    When I saw the title to this thread I thought it was another 700p/Palm-bashing thread. To think the thread stayed mostly on topic. Sigh.
    I tried to tie it to thier unsensitive corporate bulldozing but it didn't take
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    I tried to tie it to thier unsensitive corporate bulldozing but it didn't take
    I'm not alone...no one listens to you either
    Lol