Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    the guy's intense. what you see on the aliens silver screen is what you get. cool dude, but all bidnaz. the guy's doing a part in the movie grindhouse with a hell of a cast. I respectfully mentioned that "ringo" of tombstone was one of his best roles, and he said working alongside val kilmer and kurt russell was an experience.

I know this is a random post, but I had to drop this one in here. Its not every day you bump into the guy from terminator and tombstone.

Pretty frickin neat.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    I used to have a crush on him when he was in Terminator. It probably was the manly intenseness...

I always wonder why people get so impressed by TV and movie stars...they're just people. I'm not bashing, I've just wondered. When asked who they would most like to meet, so many answer with an entertainment personality. Personally, I would love to meet someone like Nelson Mandela or it would've been nice to have met Mother Theresa...
    I grew up in Hawaii. Back in the day when Tom Selleck was hot on Magnum P.I., I used to manage several movie theatres in Honolulu. The first couple of times letting Tom (or any of his castmates) in the side door after the lights went down was exciting. But sooner or later it became a pain in the arse and I stopped doing it. Wait in line with the rest of the ticket buying public.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    That is so cool meeting Michael Biehn. I think it is still cool to meat them even though they are people like us because the silver screen and the roles they play make them bigger than life which is what makes them stars and when you see Han Solo in jeans and a white T out in about without his blaster and Chewie and talk to him on a tangible aspect...its exciting no matter how much you hait hollywood or find them to be regular people.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I ran into Cuba Gooding Jr. at Downtown Disney in Anaheim. He was there with his kids watching a guy play some music while everyone was walking around.

Im not sure why people (like me) react the way they do when they see a moviestar (I didnt bug him or anything)...I think it has something to do with our perception of them from the movies versus what we see in real life (i.e. the guy is so much shorter in person v. the movies.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

We were in Hawaii one time over Thanksgiving a couple years ago, we were at the Grand Wailea when Arnold was there. I thought it is pretty sad that he had such a hard time enjoying the time with his family. If anyone has been there, the swimming pool is literally a mountain. You can start at the top pool then slid/swim down to the next pool and so forth. There are caves with underwater stools if you want a drink. At the bottom is a sand bottom pool. Really cool and the best pool area I have ever seen (Disney World Resorts should take notice).

Anyways Arnold had to have 4 body guards at all times, not necessary for his protection but more for his attempt at some privacy.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    It is funny how some people are so starstuck that they pounce on any celebrity they see, invade their privacy and barge in for a photo or an autograph with them. They are like rabid animals most the time. I can understand why people would want bodyguards -its ridiculous.

I think what Mr Biehn appreciated was that we didnt act like that around him at all. We ran into him and simply spoke with him discreetly as you would anyone else, without drawing attention. What was neat about this encounter was that it was like we were just hanging out for a bit passing the time.

I think if we had been bothering him he`d have been curt, abrupt and quick to get out of the area. Quite the opposite in this case. He took his time talking with my wife and I, we shook hands and wished each other well.
    Very cool indeed.
    Last edited by vw2002; 04/15/2007 at 09:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    I ran into Cuba Gooding Jr. at Downtown Disney in Anaheim. He was there with his kids watching a guy play some music while everyone was walking around.

Im not sure why people (like me) react the way they do when they see a moviestar (I didnt bug him or anything)...I think it has something to do with our perception of them from the movies versus what we see in real life (i.e. the guy is so much shorter in person v. the movies.)
    They are all small...I met Robert Dinero in New York and the guy is shorter than I could have ever imagined and he looked like he was a buck fifty at most when wet.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    They are all small...I met Robert Dinero in New York and the guy is shorter than I could have ever imagined and he looked like he was a buck fifty at most when wet.
    Yeah, Stallone is incredibly short too.
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    Yeah, Stallone is incredibly short too.
    I guess the camera does add ten or more pounds and these souls make sure they are covered. A lot of the stars are so small that even normal slim everyday people would look large on camera and medium size people would look like monsters. George Clooney is only 5'9"...goodness, for the longest I thought he was at least 6', but they also cast people in accomodation to the stars size in the movies and that is why you might think George was 6' because he had some height or was equivelant to the cast. Tom Cruise had to order higher heals when he did the movie interview with a vampire with Brad Pit because Pit is much taller than him, and Tom had issues with it on the set. Tom will never do a movie with Vince Vaun and its more than for personal or profesional reason...Vince would reveal how short he really is and if they did do a movie...they would never have them standing together in the same frame, especially when Tom's the star...nothing but ego.
    at&t iPhone3G
    When I was England, some of my friends were at a dinner party talking in the late 1980s. One of our friends comes up and joins the conversation. Just making conversation he asks the guy next to him what he does for a living. He said he was a musician. Only after the musician left did the rest of the group bust up laughing because he asked Peter Gabriel what he does for a living.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    When I was England, some of my friends were at a dinner party talking in the late 1980s. One of our friends comes up and joins the conversation. Just making conversation he asks the guy next to him what he does for a living. He said he was a musician. Only after the musician left did the rest of the group bust up laughing because he asked Peter Gabriel what he does for a living.
    That's a great story...
    This was years ago. When I was in St. Barts I saw Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid and their son in a store, then at the beach. The best part was that while Dennis took their son in the ocean, Meg sunbathed topless
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    This was years ago. When I was in St. Barts I saw Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid and their son in a store, then at the beach. The best part was that while Dennis took their son in the ocean, Meg sunbathed topless
    No comment...