Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    ^ Your refusal to treat this matter with integrity
    You are clearly a bastion of integrity.
    is duly noted as my source is the United States federal government teleconference public record.
    I'm still not seeing a link. Did I quote Me-maw inaccurately? Or is it that I missed the portion where Hagin told her that they knew Katrina was going to breach the levees and weren't going to do anything about it.
    No big whoop.
    Come now. If you're going to claim some greater degree of concern about the effects of Katrina and what could or couldn't have been anticipated, I think you're being far too forgiving. After all, clearly you were damaged by Bush's responses to Diane Sawyer. Out of curiosity, who owns the levees? What's the legal standard there? Is van Heerden's statement that the Corps owns them accurate? How does the 1928 flood control act's immunity clause affect the Corps and the 17th street canal levee breach? Us 'boys in the bayou' need folks like you to tell us these things, since you know better.
    and 'sblanter', you can go Cheney yourself ... again.
    I miss the 'good old days' of the Off Topic forum. At least the disagreements there were honest and respectful.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ^ An honest disagreement is something you know nothing of.

Want a link provided to your highness for you to selectively and conveniently ignore, given your immediate history? This dog don't hunt. Go fetch.

Don't ya just love how honor and integrity was restored to the US government 6+ years ago?
    ^ An honest disagreement is something you know nothing of.
    There goes that mind-reading again. When I need integrity lessons from you, I'll let you know.
    Want a link provided to your highness for you to selectively and conveniently ignore,
    I didn't ignore your Pam links. I pointed out that they were not germane to the situation. I'm sorry if that hurt your feelings. I even posted a real advisory image of storm surges. You then tried to dismiss it since it wasn't a model of actual storm surges (despite the fact that van Heerden et al are quite proud of the accuracy of their projections when compared to actual events, and that advisory had to have been produced somehow, one could safely assume by a model).
    given your immediate history?
    My immediate history is commenting in a discussion about Katrina since I happen to have been affected by it directly and was paying close attention to what the local media was reporting before, during, and after it. Your immediate history is diving into the fray at every opportunity to criticize what you consider the 'other side of the aisle'. I made a factual comment that no one expected Katrina to cause the sort of damage that happened, and you respond by trying to make it into an issue of politics. If an impartial reader were paying attention, they would note that I am not constantly involved in these sort of discussions. My immediate history is commenting on a topic where I have some direct experience. You can feel free to discount it if you'd like, but trying to do it based on attacks on my integrity just highlight the quality of your own.
    This dog don't hunt.
    If you're going to try to continue to be cute with such sayings, at least say them right. It's 'dog won't hunt'. Saying 'dog don't hunt' is in the same category as 'I could care less'.
    Go fetch.
    Get over yourself.
    Don't ya just love how honor and integrity was restored to the US government 6+ years ago?
    Nah, Bush is just the other side of Clinton. What's that have to do with the price of tea in China?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    What you surmise to be factual is woefully biased opinion, pure and simple. Take a number and get in line.
    What you surmise to be factual is woefully biased opinion, pure and simple. Take a number and get in line.
    Yes, your highness.

Incidentally, your unfounded and woefully incorrect emails are unwelcome.
    Last edited by Toby; 04/22/2007 at 04:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I didn't email you. But, by all means, continue with your public character assassination.
    And you can continue with yours. Please put the shades on.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    And you can continue with yours. Please put the shades on.
    Since you've only contributed back-biting potshots in this thread, what is it now that you're trying to say? Have a personal issue with me, take it off-line.
    Don't need to take it off-line. I love it when you post. I look forward to your posts.
    Maybe, one day, you'll realize why.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Since the rules of decorum don't apply to you, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    Maybe, one day, you'll realize why.
    Consider me unconcerned.
    I didn't email you. But, by all means, continue with your public character assassination.
    So, you're saying that someone else is impersonating you? Should we contact an admin to investigate? Or are you just being careless again and sending messages to the wrong person?
    This is a message from backbeat at TreoCentral.com ( http://discussion.treocentral.com/index.php ). The TreoCentral.com owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email backbeat, you can use this online form:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...member&u=68308

OR, by email:
    mailto:m[...]t@gmail.com

This is the message:

Freeper-buddies missing your <snicker> leadership?
    I must admit that I had never heard of a freeper. That you consider me to be one or to associate with them is odd, and on par with a Bush-like "you're either with us or against us" mentality.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Seems to be a Freeper impersonating you. Glad you're familiar with the term now. Of course, I expect no introspection to discover why such a mistake could've been made.

That was a PM (or at least intended to be). Sorry if it was seen as an intrusion into your Inbox. Just like a few pampered members here, I'll reserve my personal remarks for the public board and hope that teacher's pets don't get their collective underoo's in a wad.
    Seems to be a Freeper impersonating you.
    Only because you're choosing to make this into a false dichotomy.
    Glad you're familiar with the term now. Of course, I expect no introspection to discover why such a mistake could've been made.
    It's obvious why it was made. You only seem to be able to frame such discussions in a binary manner. When someone disagrees with you, they're obviously either lying or stupid.
    That was a PM (or at least intended to be).
    Really, and yet you acted as if you sent nothing at all to me, and that for even suggesting that you sent me something I was trying to assassinate your character. Are these lessons in integrity?
    Sorry if it was seen as an intrusion into your Inbox.
    It was a childish personal attack. If that were out of character for you, I might consider your apology sincere.
    Just like a few pampered members here, I'll reserve my personal remarks for the public board
    You'd be much better served keeping your personal remarks to yourself.
    and hope that teacher's pets don't get their collective underoo's in a wad.
    Are you capable of not being condescending or resorting to personal attacks?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    And, of course, your own snide remarks get a pass. How convenient.

Have I contributed in like kind? Yes. I did not exist in this thread in a vacuum, however. Respect begets respect. The action of insulting of one's intelligence is an insult regardless.

If you want to further this personal diatribe, do so off-line. Please don't try baiting me back in (which goes for your little online buddy 'sblanter', as well) I'm done in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    Like many of those that only learn about this stuff from the national media, you obviously don't understand the terminology. Willful ignorance in the interest of making political hay is no excuse for twisting the facts.
    E for effort, finally. Now, all you have to do is understand how different the hypothetical scenario of Pam was from the reality of Katrina.
    I've even refrained from potshots at you to this point despite the fact that you apparently can't even grasp the contextual difference between Bush stating that no one expected levee breaches from a storm with the specifics of Katrina and someone stating that no one ever expected a levee to be breached under any circumstances. If even Bush can understand that, I'm still flummoxed as to why people such as yourself can't.
    And you don't even have the show apparently. Talk about really
    That you can't read a dictionary?
    What kind of kool-aid are you drinking?
    Are you truly that dense?
    What don't you understand about the English language?

I am a hidden agent of the Yakuza. I dynamited the levees to flood Lakeview.
    You are clearly a bastion of integrity.

I'm still not seeing a link.
    There goes that mind-reading again. When I need integrity lessons from you, I'll let you know.

I'm sorry if that hurt your feelings.

Get over yourself.
    When someone disagrees with you, they're obviously either lying or stupid.

It was a childish personal attack. If that were out of character for you, I might consider your apology sincere.

You'd be much better served keeping your personal remarks to yourself.

Are you capable of not being condescending or resorting to personal attacks?
    Does someone need help with computers?
    Or maybe communication skills?
    closed
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345