Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Originally posted by timmins

Biased? Oh no, ****... let's not talk about being biased. BUT... all your domains have one thing in common, they are mac websites. You don't really believe everything you read, do you? Because if you do... I am Steve Jobs.
    And read who you're quoting before you make yourself look like an ***...
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  2.    #42  
    echo
    Last edited by dick-richardson; 04/17/2001 at 11:11 PM.
    -Joshua
  3.    #43  
    No offense (this is another opinion), I don't think you know me at all. **** Richardson does though.
    You flatter yourself.
    -Joshua
    Originally posted by joshieca
    In case your interested....here are some interesting facts on the MYTH of MHZ.
    thanks for the links .. apparently no one else read them (from the posts on how they are instantly biased due to the fact they are on a Mac site..) -- they seem pretty dead on in explaining the different factors that go into how fast a system will perform.. now if they would just square file the G4 and Pentium line and everyone would just use AMD Athlons, then that would make life so much easier .. we could go back to looking at just the Mhz number .. heheh

Joe
    Hey, so Timmins and I have something in common after all! We both drive Daimler products! I for one drive a 1968 Daimler Dart!!!
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    The most important aspect of buying any product is your own perceived value. I have both PCs and Macs. I think the difference in price is negligable, especially if you shop around. I bought my iBook for the same price as my Toshiba...both are similar machines...more RAM in the iBook. The iBook won hands down for me because of the all-around value I get from it.

I have very few system crashes (none since I installed OS X), easy to network and keep running, no dll issues, I can throw anything away versus having to "uninstall it." Although I am a Mac user...everyone measures value differently. For example...though I can afford an expensive car (and have owned Audi, Mercedes, Acura) I no longer bother. I drive a new Hyundai wagon. It suits me fine, has plenty of storage and more luxuries than most exotic cars at twice the price. I got 5 years roadside assistance, the best warranty in the business, power doors and windows, map lights, etc...for $12k. It was a good value, and though my Acura went 170,000 miles with minor repairs, it also used more fuel, required more care, parts cost more (I got lucky), and the insurance was higher...I could have bought three Hyundai's for one Acura.

My point is...people see value differently. One person buys a Mercedes...one buys a Chrystler. Neither person is wrong. I love the value that my iBook has given me, and any amount I may have paid in addition to a comperable PC...doesn't matter...because I got my money out of it in less aggrivation.

The PC vs Mac debate is boring. I prefer Macs...I do think they are better than PCs in many respects...but the fact is that it is a preference issue...and is no different than the car debate...if you like what you have and it gets you from point A to point B with little trouble...that is the most important issue.
    I saw that everyone else had a signature and I felt left out, so here is mine.

Biased? Oh no, ****... let's not talk about being biased. BUT... all your domains have one thing in common, they are mac websites.
    You may not believe a 733 G4 can beat a 1+GHz x86 chip, but do you believe all the reports of 1.1-1.2GHz AMD Athlons being faster than 1.3-1.5GHz Pentium 4's in zillions of benchmarks? Give those MacWorld articles a chance.
    Hmm, as yet another person who made the switch to Macs from PCs (after dealing with PCs for 12 years), I thought I should throw another $0.02 into the fray.

Cerulean wrote

so your within $1, a newbie would get a few more additional features that would be helpful to them on the PC side (the works suite, internet access, etc.. all preinstalled/configured/etc..) so they could just as easily get up and running ..
    Actually, the iMac comes with AppleWorks 6, Netscape, IE, and a few games. The only thing missing is the accounting package, but they may also include Quicken SE (can't remember off the top of my head). The iMac comes with iMovie as well, something that the PC doesn't offer as part of their default packages (though, I admit, the value of this for the average user is questionable). In general, the packages are basically equivalent, software-wise.

However, I do agree that the 1Ghz is going to be faster than the 400Mhz G3. The question becomes whether that extra performance will be utilized by the user. Unless the user is doing major development, or is a real gamer, he/she probably won't see any difference.

However, the Cube, even with the 450 Mhz G4, may be comparable to the 1 Ghz Pentium in performance, and, given the current prices for a new Cube, equivalentl packages in content and price can be put together (new Cubes come with the same software packages that the iMacs come with).

The Cube does have at least one other advantage over the PC that hasn't been mentioned: It's silent (a benefit which should not be overlooked in a computing environment).

Again, just my $0.02.
    It's gotta be weather balloons. It's always weather balloons. Big, fiery, exploding weather balloons.
    -- ComaVN (from Slashdot)
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by ****-richardson
    [B]
    It's funny that you quote "opinion" when your email to me was entirely about how "right" you were and how wrong I was.

To answer your 2nd email to me:

*I never said I was 60. I'm 22. If you have no interest why do you keep posting? And it's not unacceptable to send me personal messages. It's unacceptable to email to personally bash me. Your a very poor arguer. I think it's funny that your arguments are based on post count and age, as opposed to any real information you are able to post.

I take my arguing seriously, regardless of topic.

Having a wife and son severely limit who can call me "kid." If you're not over 60, you're pretentious.
    let me take this at face value... you have a wife, a kid, and you're 22? But, I am not able to judge you unless I am 40 years older. Ok, maybe I understand now.

*Good, then learn to argue and prove me wrong.
    You see ****. This is where you went wrong. I made the comments before about AvantGo not releasing a Mac version because the MARKET SHARE is PC. You would be lucky to admit if Apple has 20% of the market. And you and your "Sherlock" find the webpage that has this information, let's just hope if doesn't come from www.apple.com. Try http://www.forrester.com. I would also like you to show me where Mac programmers outnumber PC programmers. And then upon that, I want you to drive to Chicago and you and I can take the "El" to Hubbard downtown here where AvantGo developed 4.0. We will take a head count of PC vs. Mac developers. THAT IS WHY THERE IS NO MAC RELEASE.

But, you ran your mouth and you saw joshie would couldn't control his mouth either and started discussing why your loyalty to your blue case has something to do with market share. If you think your blue case is going to make AvantGO sink or swim in this dot-bomb era, you're wrong again. So, what would a competitive content providing company do? Release for the biggest market share they have... who knows, maybe PPC users (MOSTLY PC!) are their biggest market share. Did you ever come to think of that? I mean, I have AvantGO on my Visor and my Jornada.

Ok, back on task... so you ran your mouth about how you bought your mommy a iMac. Great... but then you made the mistake that your harmom/kardon and mic laden Mac are better than a PC. But, you didn't lay down rules until after that a hand-built PC doesn't count. Again, you're wrong and I can't wait for you to get all charged up again and write me back. My son (since now I am your elder) you need to calm down, you will be headed for a heart-ache with your "argumentative skills"

*I have perfect control. I'm not the one who is unable to refrain from sending emails, personal messages, and posting in a topic I swore I was done with.
    you see ****. I wrote you a personal email because you and I have a history of not getting along. Your a country boy (I can't imagine what kind of city South Dakota has) and I am the city folk who comes in and raises the value of your property. I wrote you an personal email because this argument sinks way beyond this conversation. It's almost personal, and that's why I was eager to discuss this on Off-Topic.

*I don't hate you. I couldn't care less about you. I think you send emails and personal messages because you are seriously unable to argue, not for any lack of desire to put your life "on-stage."
    Again, would this fall under your opinion... because if I recall correctly I did have one Mac user side with me on my argument. Which in my understanding in arguing, making your "opponent" see your side is the proper method. Not that I claimed a victory, but my PC vs. Mac cost points were well stated and almost widely agreed upon.

By the way, I just rebuilt and old machine and was having troubles installing the PCI modem's drivers until I removed it, installed the drivers, and then replaced it. In your iMac... would you have to send the monitor and all back to the repair shop? Want to discuss convenience now?
    Originally posted by yosemitesamiam
    Hey, so Timmins and I have something in common after all! We both drive Daimler products! I for one drive a 1968 Daimler Dart!!!
    We actually have nothing in common. Your car is a Dodge, the parts by Mopar. Daimler and Chrysler medged in the 90's, not the late 60's.

Also, very few parts in the Chrylsers today are from Germany. Although, I haven't read up lately but I know the engines will soon be Daimler engines.

No offense, I am sure your Dart is impressive and the horsepower is pretty mean. I find some classics to be very appealing, but it isn't a Daimler.
    I made the comments before about AvantGo not releasing a Mac version because the MARKET SHARE is PC. You would be lucky to admit if Apple has 20% of the market.
    But isn't 20% of your market important? You would think Avantgo would whip out a conduit for the Mac at the same time as the PC one. I still understand why the PC version came out first, but AgantGo COULD have tried a little harder to please the 'other' 20% of their market.

We will take a head count of PC vs. Mac developers. THAT IS WHY THERE IS NO MAC RELEASE.
    I disagree with that. Most application develop in done in some form of C. A good C programmer is not platform specific. The only platform specific app for Avantgo is the conduit. The majority of software development is taking place with the Palm and server apps.

What DOES make Windows better is that Microsoft HAS done a lot to make their system a flexible development platform. Between Visual Basic, ActiveX, ASP, etc...Microsoft has given the programmer a very robust set of tools. This is something Apple has never done. And something I think Apple should be chastized for.

RealBasic is making some significant in-roads, but it is still a 3rd party app. Apple could do a lot more to make Mac programming more accesible to the amateur programmer.

Granted, Microsoft's openess and ease of programming has produced a crapload of awful software.

By the way, I just rebuilt and old machine and was having troubles installing the PCI modem's drivers until I removed it, installed the drivers, and then replaced it. In your iMac... would you have to send the monitor and all back to the repair shop? Want to discuss convenience now?
    Drivers? What are those?

Actually, this argument doesn't hold much water in that it only applies to people who actually know what the inside of a computer looks like. Unfortunately, the vast majority of computer users can hardly grasp the concept of a modem, let alone WHERE it is and how it is connected to your computer.

I play with both PCs and Macs to add drives, change cables, add memory, cards, etc. Some of the older macs are a pain in the *** (as is the iMac) to get inside of. But so is every Gateway and Compaq I've tried to open. To apple'e credit, the G4 is by far the EASIEST box to get into.

One could say the variety of parts available for PCs is a huge advantage (more choice) others would sau it is a huge disadvantage (more problems and incompatibilities). To each their own.

And **** and Timmins...you both seem to be lowering this debate to personal attacks between the two of you. This is just a discussion board. It's just a fun debate on Macs and PCs. RELAX!
    Last edited by homer; 04/18/2001 at 11:00 AM.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
  12.    #52  
    let me take this at face value... you have a wife, a kid, and you're 22? But, I am not able to judge you unless I am 40 years older. Ok, maybe I understand now.
    You called me a kid. Rather like the pot calling the kettle black, unless you're old enough to be my parent. You aren't. Clear it up any?

You see ****. This is where you went wrong. I made the comments before about AvantGo not releasing a Mac version because the MARKET SHARE is PC. You would be lucky to admit if Apple has 20% of the market. And you and your "Sherlock" find the webpage that has this information, let's just hope if doesn't come from www.apple.com. Try http://www.forrester.com. I would also like you to show me where Mac programmers outnumber PC programmers.
    That's funny. No where did I mention or care about market share or the number of programmers the Apple platform has. My point was the cost issue, and I think it's been settled. You can piece together a pc for cheaper than a mac.
    And then upon that, I want you to drive to Chicago and you and I can take the "El" to Hubbard downtown here where AvantGo developed 4.0. We will take a head count of PC vs. Mac developers. THAT IS WHY THERE IS NO MAC RELEASE.
    Avantgo hasn't had any trouble releasing mac versions before. They should've released v.4 for the mac along with v.4 for the pc. They aren't obligated to do so (especially considering the price of their service), but it would've reflected favorably upon the company.

But, you ran your mouth and you saw joshie would couldn't control his mouth either and started discussing why your loyalty to your blue case has something to do with market share.
    Where did I mention market share? I'd like you to quote that for me. That is why you argue poorly. You aren't able to distinguish who said what, you bring in exterraneous information and personal opinions that have nothing to do with the argument at hand (e.g. age, post count, etc.), etc..

If you think your blue case is going to make AvantGO sink or swim in this dot-bomb era, you're wrong again. So, what would a competitive content providing company do? Release for the biggest market share they have... who knows, maybe PPC users (MOSTLY PC!) are their biggest market share. Did you ever come to think of that? I mean, I have AvantGO on my Visor and my Jornada.
    Good for you. I again never said that Avantgo would sink or swim depending on their mac development. I would appreciate it if you could at least understand the argument before "running your mouth."

Ok, back on task... so you ran your mouth about how you bought your mommy a iMac. Great...
    I never bought my mom a mac. You seem to have a problem with reality. I have encouraged my mother to buy a mac, because they are less technical machines and easy to learn. I'm not writing the check for it, though.

but then you made the mistake that your harmom/kardon and mic laden Mac are better than a PC. But, you didn't lay down rules until after that a hand-built PC doesn't count.
    They are for what I need it for. You were the one that said that you could show me a pc that would serve my need better and cost less. You haven't yet.

Again, you're wrong and I can't wait for you to get all charged up again and write me back. My son (since now I am your elder) you need to calm down, you will be headed for a heart-ache with your "argumentative skills"
    You're being pretentious. And my argumentative skill haven't led me to heart-ache yet. I am aware of when it's best not to argue (e.g. anytime, ever, with my wife she wins regardless of topic; I'm still not sure how that happens). But against a mac-basher in a public forum over the internet? I have no compunction punching holes through your logic.

you see ****. I wrote you a personal email because you and I have a history of not getting along.
    Again, I don't go through my day getting worked up over what you're going to post. I don't know who you are, nor have reason to care. This is more of a mental exercise than anything else, and filled with the same amount of feeling as working on a Rubik's Cube (which, come to think of it, resembles the way you argue).

Your a country boy (I can't imagine what kind of city South Dakota has) and I am the city folk who comes in and raises the value of your property.
    Not a very big city. Aberdeen is 25,000 strong. But allow me to point out that location has nothing to do with the validity of our respective arguments.

I wrote you an personal email because this argument sinks way beyond this conversation. It's almost personal, and that's why I was eager to discuss this on Off-Topic.
    Which we are. I think you sent the first email because you were poignantly aware that if you said the same thing on VC, the post would've been deleted, the thread locked, and you membership abruptly ended.

Again, would this fall under your opinion... because if I recall correctly I did have one Mac user side with me on my argument. Which in my understanding in arguing, making your "opponent" see your side is the proper method. Not that I claimed a victory, but my PC vs. Mac cost points were well stated and almost widely agreed upon.
    Yes, they were. Even by myself (with regard to self-built systems early on, and pre-packaged ones later). I have no problem conceeding points in an argument when information I'm not aware of is presented. I'd point out that it was Toby and homer who brought that information to my attention, while you were busy pissing and moaning how "right" you were.

I'm fully aware of how easy it is to work with pc's. I work part-time at a pc repair/assembly and computer lounge. I'm also aware of how many times people have had to bring in their systems for mundane problems like the one you mentioned. It's as easy for the common joe to do the repair you mentioned as it would be for them to do it with a mac (if you'd need to do it at all one advantage of selling hardware and software that's designed for each other, without having to support a bunch of different makers' components) cryptically impossible.
    -Joshua
    Originally posted by ****-richardson

You called me a kid. Rather like the pot calling the kettle black, unless you're old enough to be my parent. You aren't. Clear it up any?
    fine, I still think you have a lot of learning to do.

That's funny. No where did I mention or care about market share or the number of programmers the Apple platform has. My point was the cost issue, and I think it's been settled. You can piece together a pc for cheaper than a mac.
    then it must have been you who took the conversation off-topic within the AvantGo thread. Because I do remember how my simple comment was being "People still use Macs?" and then further stating that the market share is what led them to release PC first, then in the future a Mac release. This is similar to WordSmith, Palm, etc.. I have spoken to Karen, and you should see your release in the coming weeks.

It was just previous stated that the knowledge base of a Mac developer doesn't have the same resources as a PC developer. This is my point and only reinforces the marketshare and the release factor more.

Avantgo hasn't had any trouble releasing mac versions before. They should've released v.4 for the mac along with v.4 for the pc. They aren't obligated to do so (especially considering the price of their service), but it would've reflected favorably upon the company.
    Talk to Karen, like I just said... AvantGo has always released the Mac version a couple weeks later. It could just be that you weren't around for the 3.3 release or earlier and didn't notice that PC first, Mac second. (That is not a ranking)

Where did I mention market share? I'd like you to quote that for me.
    I think I am lazy. I don't feel like looking, but I can tell you that is where the argument began (the confusion of loyalty vs. market share) and how I was saying don't confuse the two.

That is why you argue poorly.
    This is why I quote the definition of opinion.

You aren't able to distinguish who said what, you bring in exterraneous information and personal opinions that have nothing to do with the argument at hand (e.g. age, post count, etc.), etc..
    send me a personal email, or post it here. prove to me where I went wrong. quote myself and other and the streams of inconsistency...

I would appreciate it if you could at least understand the argument before "running your mouth."
    I can say that as soon as someone mentions something about Mac, everyone becomes so defensive. I understood the argument. I was the one who responded to joshie. I was the one in defense of my comments. It was my comments that started this. It was others that added their opinions and information.

I never bought my mom a mac. You seem to have a problem with reality. I have encouraged my mother to buy a mac, because they are less technical machines and easy to learn. I'm not writing the check for it, though.
    with the prices of Macs, I wouldn't write the check either.

They are for what I need it for. You were the one that said that you could show me a pc that would serve my need better and cost less. You haven't yet.
    I quickly put together a general quote, you up'ped the ante and said you need a microphone and speakers. Now that you ask, I PROMISE to quote out every single spec of information to show you.

You're being pretentious. And my argumentative skill haven't led me to heart-ache yet. I am aware of when it's best not to argue (e.g. anytime, ever, with my wife she wins regardless of topic; I'm still not sure how that happens).
    she is probably one of the few people that would kick you in the nuts (childish, but funny... and a female defense mechanism) after some of your comments.

But against a mac-basher in a public forum over the internet? I have no compunction punching holes through your logic.
    there probably isn't much else to do in South Dakota, except see who can lose their balance on log in the water. Hmm, what is that called?

I don't know who you are, nor have reason to care.
    this I, and most likely, others would disagree with. But, I guess once you say the word... you have spoken and is untrue.

Not a very big city. Aberdeen is 25,000 strong. But allow me to point out that location has nothing to do with the validity of our respective arguments.
    it did when I was making my specific comment

Which we are. I think you sent the first email because you were poignantly aware that if you said the same thing on VC, the post would've been deleted, the thread locked, and you membership abruptly ended.
    post it... I seem to have forgotten what I wrote. And could care less on how you judge it. I don't think it was that harsh. Make sure you don't edit... tsk, tsk.

I'd point out that it was Toby and homer who brought that information to my attention, while you were busy pissing and moaning how "right" you were.
    your opinion...

I'm fully aware of how easy it is to work with pc's. I work part-time at a pc repair/assembly and computer lounge.
    wow, challenging work. congrats.

I'm also aware of how many times people have had to bring in their systems for mundane problems like the one you mentioned.
    there are many things that could be said about this. Luckily, I knew the solution once I saw that the Device Manager was having a problem.

It's as easy for the common joe to do the repair you mentioned as it would be for them to do it with a mac (if you'd need to do it at all one advantage of selling hardware and software that's designed for each other, without having to support a bunch of different makers' components) cryptically impossible.
    driver disks are usually sold with the product. you should know that, you are a pc tech.

by the way, people are getting a little sick of our comments... so, maybe in this next reply you could do what I asked ("send me a personal email, or post it here. prove to me where I went wrong. quote myself and other and the streams of inconsistency...")... I beg this of you.
    Many newer PCs, or ones you build yourself, have cool cases that are easy to get inside of. I don't know about new models, but the 1997 Compaq Presario my dad has is, um, quite a sight. Coupled with incompatibility with PC100+ RAM, it was not a successful memory upgrade. :P

PowerMacs are nice. One thing in support of iMacs is that there's no need to open them up except for repairs. The beauty of USB and Firewire!

Someone mentioned G4 cubes being very quiet. Aren't the iMacs fanless as well?
  15.    #55  
    fine, I still think you have a lot of learning to do.
    I'm not the one with an inability to argue cogently

then it must have been you who took the conversation off-topic within the AvantGo thread. Because I do remember how my simple comment was being "People still use Macs?" and then further stating that the market share is what led them to release PC first, then in the future a Mac release. This is similar to WordSmith, Palm, etc.. I have spoken to Karen, and you should see your release in the coming weeks.
    Did you read my post? I said it would reflect favorably on the company should they release them together.

It was just previous stated that the knowledge base of a Mac developer doesn't have the same resources as a PC developer. This is my point and only reinforces the marketshare and the release factor more.
    Fine. Release dates are a corporate decision, not a development one.

Talk to Karen, like I just said... AvantGo has always released the Mac version a couple weeks later. It could just be that you weren't around for the 3.3 release or earlier and didn't notice that PC first, Mac second. (That is not a ranking)
    I emailed her. She has yet to respond.

I think I am lazy. I don't feel like looking, but I can tell you that is where the argument began (the confusion of loyalty vs. market share) and how I was saying don't confuse the two.
    And it wasn't me that posted that information.

This is why I quote the definition of opinion.
    Which was entirely backwards from your points that pc's are better in fact. Have you used a mac?

send me a personal email, or post it here. prove to me where I went wrong. quote myself and other and the streams of inconsistency...
    I would, but you edited your posts. How convenient. And unlike you, I don't feel a need to send you an email.

I can say that as soon as someone mentions something about Mac, everyone becomes so defensive. I understood the argument. I was the one who responded to joshie. I was the one in defense of my comments. It was my comments that started this. It was others that added their opinions and information.
    And it was to me that you attributed everyone else's arguments. I think you would learn something were you to go back and read just my posts. But you're too lazy.

with the prices of Macs, I wouldn't write the check either.
    They are pricier. You get what you pay for, I guess.

I quickly put together a general quote, you up'ped the ante and said you need a microphone and speakers. Now that you ask, I PROMISE to quote out every single spec of information to show you.
    My "upping the ante" was an attempt (futile I admit; I should consider my audience when arguing) to point out that Apple puts quality in their work.

she is probably one of the few people that would kick you in the nuts (childish, but funny... and a female defense mechanism) after some of your comments.
    Funny, considering your comments to me in your email. I'm sure a moderator would let me know were I to get out of line.

there probably isn't much else to do in South Dakota, except see who can lose their balance on log in the water. Hmm, what is that called?
    Once again posting personal opinion instead of anything with merit. I don't know what it's called. I haven't heard anyone trying to stand on a log in the water. What is it called?

this I, and most likely, others would disagree with. But, I guess once you say the word... you have spoken and is untrue.
    You must think rather highly of yourself to think that, not only do I secretly care a great deal about you, you can also speak for "most others."

it did when I was making my specific comment
    to you, maybe.

post it... I seem to have forgotten what I wrote. And could care less on how you judge it. I don't think it was that harsh. Make sure you don't edit... tsk, tsk.
    I deleted it before I finished the first round of (paraphrased), "You a stupid ***** and I hate you. I'm right, you're too stupid to realize it. 60 years old and you think you know everything......" I have better things to do than pore over an email like that to try and glean any pertinent information. I think the biggest difference between you and I is I have yet to personally attack you, in spite of repeated provocation.

your opinion...
    not really. the evidence is in the thread. Go back and read it. Oh, that's right. You're too lazy. I'm not going to spoon-feed you.

wow, challenging work. congrats.
    Thanks. It pays the bills, and I get to work with some intelligent people. It'd be interesting to see if you were able to keep your condescending attitude out.

there are many things that could be said about this. Luckily, I knew the solution once I saw that the Device Manager was having a problem.
    Good.

driver disks are usually sold with the product. you should know that, you are a pc tech.
    Yes, I am aware of that. Thanks for the info and the attitude.

by the way, people are getting a little sick of our comments... so, maybe in this next reply you could do what I asked ("send me a personal email, or post it here. prove to me where I went wrong. quote myself and other and the streams of inconsistency...")... I beg this of you.
    No dice. I'm posting publicly for a reason. Why should I respect your wishes after you sent another email after I made it very clear that I found them unwelcome?
    -Joshua
    Qty - Item

1 - Athlon Thunderbird 1.33GHz (266MHz) - $223
    1 - Fan - $14
    1 - MSI K7T Pro266 - $144
    2 - PC2100 DDR - 256MB@115 - $230
    1 - NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS 64MB - $228
    1 - Hercules Guillemont Game Theatre - $149
    1 - Klipsch 4.1 Promedia - $229
    1 - Antec Case SX1030 - $93
    1 - SD- 608 8X/40X IDE DVD-ROM (Samsung) - $54.00
    1 - 40.0GB EIDE ULTRA-ATA/100 7200RPM - $129.00
    1 - 19INDIAMOND PRO MITSUBISHI (NEC) - $407.00
    1 - Keyboard - $30
    1 - Intellimouse - $39
    1 - a microphone - $15

Here's my price - $1984

I can't imagine one Mac that can beat that for that price.

And yes, I have used a Mac. I think most of your reponses are narcissistic, and evidently just because you say so in no way means you know a damn thing other than how to type on a keyboard. I abuse you, yes... but don't think for a minute you have been innocent of such.
  17.    #57  
    Qty - Item

1 - Athlon Thunderbird 1.33GHz (266MHz) - $223
    1 - Fan - $14
    1 - MSI K7T Pro266 - $144
    2 - PC2100 DDR - 256MB@115 - $230
    1 - NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS 64MB - $228
    1 - Hercules Guillemont Game Theatre - $149
    1 - Klipsch 4.1 Promedia - $229
    1 - Antec Case SX1030 - $93
    1 - SD- 608 8X/40X IDE DVD-ROM (Samsung) - $54.00
    1 - 40.0GB EIDE ULTRA-ATA/100 7200RPM - $129.00
    1 - 19INDIAMOND PRO MITSUBISHI (NEC) - $407.00
    1 - Keyboard - $30
    1 - Intellimouse - $39
    1 - a microphone - $15

Here's my price - $1984

And yes, I have used a Mac. I think most of your reponses are narcissistic, and evidently just because you say so in no way means you know a damn thing other than how to type on a keyboard. I abuse you, yes... but don't think for a minute you have been innocent of such.
    Where is this supposed "abuse" that you complain of? Everything I've ever said to you is on this board. A moderator would've let me know had I "abused" you. So, not only have I thought myself innocent of personal "abuse" for a minute, I haven't thought myself otherwise.
    -Joshua
    wow, you missed the most important part.

that is the computer I would purchase if I were to spec one out today. Of course, I usually don't include software but let me know if you need any in this pricing...

Oh ****, you didn't abuse anyone...
    Beat what? You CAN'T compare them on purchase price alone. Isn't that what we've all been arguing about?

If you are saying that you feel that your system pieced together give YOU more bang for the buck than a mac, then fine. I can't argue that.

Anyways, I have NO IDEA what you and **** are even arguing about any more. Something about South Dakota and how old you each are?

Someone mentioned G4 cubes being very quiet. Aren't the iMacs fanless as well?
    The newer ones are. The loss of fans is a great design. I don't know why it took manufacturers so long to come up with that idea.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
  20.    #60  
    wow, you missed the most important part.

that is the computer I would purchase if I were to spec one out today. Of course, I usually don't include software but let me know if you need any in this pricing...
    If that's what strokes your poke, then fine.

Oh ****, you didn't abuse anyone...
    But you're apparently unable to point to where I have.
    -Joshua
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast