1.    #1  
    The Justice Department called David Iglesias, the U.S. attorney in New Mexico, an 'absentee landlord'a key reason listed for his firing last December. Just one problem: Iglesias, a captain in the Navy Reserve, was off teaching classes as part of the war on terror. Now Iglesias is striking back, arguing he was improperly dismissed.

Iglesias confirmed to NEWSWEEK that he was recently questioned by lawyers for the Office of Special Counsel, an independent federal watchdog agency, to determine if his dismissal was a violation of the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), a federal law that prohibits job discrimination against members of the U.S. military.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17951419/site/newsweek/
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I find it hard to believe that the President/AG would have thought that people would not complain about all the firings?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I wish I was paying closer attention, but one of the Democrats complaining had actually written a letter to one of the fired Federal Prosecutors complaining about in action and then she had the nerve to complain when the prosecutor was fired.

It really is all politics.

Ben
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I wish I was paying closer attention, but one of the Democrats complaining had actually written a letter to one of the fired Federal Prosecutors complaining about in action and then she had the nerve to complain when the prosecutor was fired.

It really is all politics.

Ben
    Too complex to understand that you can have a professional or legal difference with someone, yet still support the person? That's not a political issue, it's a human issue.