1.    #1  
    I don't know if this will attract users of Mac's Spotlight, but I'm curious if, after Spotlight, Mac users will still find Google Desktop useful.

Details

Install Google Desktop for Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I don't know if this will attract users of Mac's Spotlight, but I'm curious if, after Spotlight, Mac users will still find Google Desktop useful.

Details

Install Google Desktop for Mac
    Thanks copernicus.
    I am going to test-drive Google Desktop and compare it to Spotlight. Google (usually) delivers its good in a nice package

Well, I like it so far. The difference between Spotlight and Googie: Googie also searches webpages, Gmail, and deleted documents...
    Last edited by impish; 04/06/2007 at 11:49 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Ars Technica on Google Desktop for Mac

This review doesn't really sound convincing but it is from a person who was looking forward to the Mac version of Google Desktop.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by impish View Post
    Thanks copernicus.
    I am going to test-drive Google Desktop and compare it to Spotlight. Google (usually) delivers its good in a nice package

Well, I like it so far. The difference between Spotlight and Googie: Googie also searches webpages, Gmail, and deleted documents...
    I thought it would be pretty good, though I have not used Spotlight. In the comments to the Ars Technica article above I was surprised to see that someone had the impression that it was even faster than Spotlight. Thanks for the input and, if you see any "fatal flaws" please post. Thanks impish.