1.    #1  
    Well I've been using Mac OS X for a little over a week now on my Powerbook G4 and am slowly getting the hang of it thanks to Alan. There are some quirks but I'm getting the hang of it.

I love the larger icons and the aqua interface. I'm typing this in Omniweb and it's underlining my spelling mistakes as I type in this form. Very handy for people that have trouble with spelling.

I've attached a picture of Omniweb in action (the fuzziness is because I compressed the image). How's everyone else on OS X liking it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Well...another Mac user!!! We are not alone!

So you like OS X? I used the beta, but I had very little RAM so it took a while to load, and also I couldn't print and there was no mouse movement acceleration. Are these problems fixed in this final? Or will they be addressed in the later version, like OS 10.1 I think.

Is Omniweb a good app? I'm trying to find some stuff to rely on because I'm thinking about changing over. Have you found a good word processing app? I know Microsoft is coming out with more corrupt, bloated software, but I want to avoid them.

Like the big icons and the Aqua interface? When I used the Beta, the stability shocked me.
    ~DarkVisor64
    ----
    "Programming is the struggle between programmers building bigger and better
    ***** proof systems and the universe building bigger and better idiots."
    James,

How is OSX performance, overall, and what apps are you running on it?

:menu:
    I bet OS X will scream on my dual 500 G4....but I am gonna wait until more apps are native.

- josh
  5.    #5  
    Performance has been ok, but is much better with Apple's 10.0.1 update they released yesterday. The Mail app that comes with X is very good but is missing a few things for IMAP users.

I'm posting this message in OmniWeb while listening to iTunes. I currently have AIM and IE also running, with BBEdit in classic mode. The graphics are very nice, and things are fairly stable. Some of the apps I'm running are beta and have gone south on me, but I can force-quit any problem app without causing problems for other running apps. Just that alone makes it more stable than OS 9.

Startup and shutdown take longer than in OS 9.1 (still faster than Windows), but the best part is putting my TiBook to sleep. It instantly comes on when I open the PowerBook -- there is zero wait.
    Houston - EST. 1836
    [ but the best part is putting my TiBook to sleep. It instantly comes on when I open the PowerBook -- there is zero wait. [/B]

You have a TiBook? Wow! Do people ask to come to your house so they can worship it? I've wanted one since I laid eyes on it in January. You are lucky.
    When I get a little money I buy books; if any is left, I buy food and clothes.
    Originally posted by Potus
    Do people ask to come to your house so they can worship it?
    Heck... I ain't really interested in the TiBook. I just want me one of James' Shiner Bock's...

Of course, after a few of those, I might worship just about anything!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Originally posted by MarkEagle

Heck... I ain't really interested in the TiBook. I just want me one of James' Shiner Bock's...

Life is too short to live without a TiBook.

A mind is a terrible thing to lose
    When I get a little money I buy books; if any is left, I buy food and clothes.
  9.    #9  

Go to www.shiner.com and see what the closest state is to you. Looks like it's Maryland for you Mark.

No worshipers yet, but then again I'm the first of my group of friends to get a Mac.
    Houston - EST. 1836
    ...I just want me one of James' Shiner Bock's...
    Shiner is awesome! But my favorite beer is Leinenkeugel. It's a small mircrobrew from Wisconsin. The Honey Weiss is very good! Berghoff is also a decent lager. Basically, the more German the family name, the better the beer. Which is why many of the best beers (both commercial, and micro) come from Wisconsin. I'm German, so beer is in my blood.

You commoners can have your commerical beers like Bud, Miller, and Busch. I'll take microbrew any day. It's what real beer is supposed to taste like!!!
    Originally posted by foo fighter

beer is in my blood.
    According to the breathalizer, it's in mine also.

Just kidding.

BEN
    Originally posted by BEN
    According to the breathalizer, it's in mine also. BEN
    LOL! "Alright sir, step out of the car and walk backward in a straight line, toe to toe."
    Shiner is awesome! But my favorite beer is Leinenkeugel. It's a small mircrobrew from Wisconsin.
    Foo, Leinie's is one of the great beers...I must agree. Went to college about 20 minutes from the brewery.

BUT, it should be noted, Leinie's is wholly owned by Miller Brewing. It's still a great beer, though...
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne