Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    Let's say for argument's sake the answer to your question is NO. In light of this reality then would the Dem's forcing a hard withdrawal day in the coming months help Iran towards that goal or help prevent it?
    Iraq is an unnatural emperialist-created 'nation' of 3 distinct regions from the 1920's forward. Under Eisenhower, the US installed Saddam Hussein into power, by shedding the blood of his enemies. The US's ruthless dictator in Iran, the Shah, was overthrown by the radicalized enemies we created. Bin Laden was on the US payroll against the Soviets in Afghanistan. Refusing to directly engage Iran builds and defines an enemy which does not have to be. Our choices have consequences, intended and unintended, but all the consequences of this war of choice are sad for all involved. There will never be a win in Iraq, by any definition.

We have no moral authority to determine any other sovereign nation's fate. It will be our downfall in our lifetime if we continue to refuse to acknowledge our history and learn hard lessons immediately.
    You quoted a snip of a post that constituted one question. Went to the moon, Mars and back in your response. Still didn't respond to the quoted question.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ^ Keep reading until you get it. The answer is there for those with eyes to see. It may take a millennia or 2, but ... on the bright side, due to your own choices, you'll still be creating and battling the same old enemies in addition to those added along the way.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    You quoted a snip of a post that constituted one question. Went to the moon, Mars and back in your response. Still didn't respond to the quoted question.
    Furthermore, given the increase in worldwide terrorism the actions of the US has fueled, our newly formed enemies will out-wait us regardless of the existence or nonexistence of a Iraq benchmark timetable. They think in terms of millennia. At $3,000,000,000+ per week, how many years can the US afford to stay the course of refereeing this 1400 year old war? The former Soviet Union once thought they could afford to outlast the US. No one defeated them. They crumbled economically under the heft of their shortsightedness.
    Does anyone question the source of the so-called "correct" answers? I need a bit more hard evidence/research before accepting Mother Jones' answers.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle View Post
    Does anyone question the source of the so-called "correct" answers? I need a bit more hard evidence/research before accepting Mother Jones' answers.
    If this $3,000,000,000/Week misadventure has served any purpose, it is to thoroughly challenge to the Nth-degree the veracity of single-sided 'facts',

What does your nonpartisan research tell you is the truth? Sources?
    Which answers do you question?

edited to add:

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feat...3/sources.html
  8.    #28  
    Not only the sources are given by MJ, I think it is YOUR job to find other sources that dispute MJ's conclusions.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Which answers do you question?

edited to add:

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feat...3/sources.html
    All the ones I answered incorrectly

No really though it is certainly not an unbiased news source and they can't even keep their house clean, found this on the Homepage:

"If you are a Chase Bank USA card holder and are calling because a charge to "Mother Jones San Francisco" has unexpectedly appeared on your account, you may be the victim of attempted credit card fraud. Please contact the fraud division at Chase: their toll-free number is (866) 564-2262. Mother Jones did not - repeat, did not - enter this charge on your account."
    Quote Originally Posted by impish View Post
    Not only the sources are given by MJ, I think it is YOUR job to find other sources that dispute MJ's conclusions.

ummm, didn't I say that?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ^ Thanks for going on-record as deflecting any responsible position.
  12.    #32  

No really though it is certainly not an unbiased news source and they can't even keep their house clean, found this on the Homepage:

"If you are a Chase Bank USA card holder and are calling because a charge to "Mother Jones San Francisco" has unexpectedly appeared on your account, you may be the victim of attempted credit card fraud. Please contact the fraud division at Chase: their toll-free number is (866) 564-2262. Mother Jones did not - repeat, did not - enter this charge on your account."
    This can be a right-wing conspiracy...
    Really, it means doodly nothing about MJ's. The quiz is legitimate and anyone who wants to dispute it should provide the proper documentations.
  13.    #33  
    ummm, didn't I say that?
    And the verdict is?
    Quote Originally Posted by impish View Post
    This can be a right-wing conspiracy...
    Really, it means doodly nothing about MJ's. The quiz is legitimate and anyone who wants to dispute it should provide the proper documentations.
    "The quiz is legitimate.........." Just you telling us that makes it so? Let's see MJ's "proper documentations". To assume the bankcard fiasco could be a right wing conspiracy says a lot about where you're coming from

Really. That has nothing to do with them keeping their own house clean. Fraudsters could apply that descrition to their own acct. That's quite a grasp to attempt to discredit a source.

As to the sources of the facts of the quiz answers. I provided you with a link to their sources. Please proceed with discrediting that.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Really. That has nothing to do with them keeping their own house clean. Fraudsters could apply that descrition to their own acct. That's quite a grasp to attempt to discredit a source.

As to the sources of the facts of the quiz answers. I provided you with a link to their sources. Please proceed with discrediting that.
    My bad, missed the post with the link. Bottom line, I did ****ty on the test and am a staunch Republican.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    My bad, missed the post with the link. Bottom line, I did ****ty on the test and am a staunch Republican.
    But, it's your misadventure, as planned, packaged, and produced by Project For The New American Century.
    huh
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    huh
    Don't you mean Baahh, sheep?
  20.    #40  
    "The quiz is legitimate.........." Just you telling us that makes it so?
    Hardly. I encourage search and research, but since you have done neither it is easier for you to take a sarcastic attitude towards this survey.

prove otherwise you Let's see MJ's "proper documentations". To assume the bankcard fiasco could be a right wing conspiracy says a lot about where you're coming from
    "Right wing conspiracy" was a joke.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast