Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by byronchurch View Post
    Snooze ya loose Its all just mouth noises with meaning inside . I also enjoy an elegant speaker who doesn't depend on repetitive slang to get through a paragraph . But don't limit yourself . Good people with valuable ideas cuss and if you cant bend your ear for Real Time Your missin' out .
    Indeed. I get the distilled version here on TC
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps View Post
    Enough about Feingold. He is the most liberal member of congress. Why should we replace one extremist with another (just different sides)?
    Tomups if you're saying that our current president is a right wing extremist then I agree. But I think Kucinich edges out over Feingold as being even more to the left.
    I thoroughly enjoy Real Time, but Maher can come off as a little pompous. I like his politics for the most part, but there's one thing that bothers me. He's a board member of PETA. Now I like animals as much as the next guy. I have a dog and two ferrets and I spoil them rotten. But PETA are a bunch of whackjobs and I don't understand how he is not just a member, but on the board. Oh well, at least it's not the ALF.
    On that I agree. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by TomUps View Post
    Enough about Feingold. He is the most liberal member of congress. Why should we replace one extremist with another (just different sides)?
    "But PETA are a bunch of whackjobs and I don't understand how he is not just a member, but on the board. Oh well, at least it's not the ALF." LETSGOFLYERS81

What about PETA do you find so objectionable (just curious).
    I'm a member of PETA . It sometimes gets a little creepy but its a serious effort towards protecting animals from the zombie humans . show me a better group promoting animal rights an I'll join them . good 4 bill .. But what's with all this pro nuke crap? That really sucks !
    Last edited by byronchurch; 04/17/2007 at 02:28 AM. Reason: spelling!
    Being Pro-Nuke is compatible with being pro-animal...

...or at least pro-insect at least, since the cockroaches are what will be left when the nukes blow and the humans will all be zombies.

I like PETA.... People Eating Tasty Animals!

Byron- ever heard of the SPCA?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    Being Pro-Nuke is compatible with being pro-animal...

...or at least pro-insect at least, since the cockroaches are what will be left when the nukes blow and the humans will all be zombies.
    You should vish you ver zombie afta thatelhapen !!!

I like PETA.... People Eating Tasty Animals!
    "Eat unto others"

Byron- ever heard of the SPCA?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by perditac View Post
    "But PETA are a bunch of whackjobs and I don't understand how he is not just a member, but on the board. Oh well, at least it's not the ALF." LETSGOFLYERS81

What about PETA do you find so objectionable (just curious).
    Just the tip of the iceberg...

7 Things You Didn't Know About PETA

1) PETA president and co-founder Ingrid Newkirk has described her group’s overall goal as “total animal liberation.” This means no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no wool, no leather, no hunting, no fishing, and no pets (not even seeing-eye dogs). PETA is also against all medical research that requires the use of animals.

2) Despite its constant moralizing about the “unethical” treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers, and countless other Americans, PETA has killed over 14,400 dogs and cats at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. During 2005, PETA put to death over 90 percent of the animals it collected from members of the public.

3) PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals. This includes a 2001 donation of $1,500 to the North American Earth Liberation Front (ELF), an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for dozens of firebombs and death threats. During the 1990s, PETA paid $70,200 to an Animal Liberation Front (ALF) activist convicted of burning down a Michigan State University research laboratory. In his sentencing recommendation, a federal prosecutor implicated PETA president Ingrid Newkirk in that crime. And PETA vegetarian campaign coordinator Bruce Friedrich told an animal rights convention in 2001 that “blowing stuff up and smashing windows” is “a great way to bring about animal liberation.”

4) PETA activists regularly target children as young as six years old with anti-meat and anti-milk propaganda, often waiting outside their schools to intercept them as they walk to and from class-without notifying parents. One piece of kid-targeted PETA literature tells small children: “Your Mommy Kills Animals!” PETA brags that its messages reach over 2 million children every year, including thousands reached by e-mail without the permission of their parents. One PETA vice president told the Fox News Channel’s audience: “Our campaigns are always geared towards children, and they always will be.”

5) PETA has used a related organization, the PETA Foundation, to fund the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), a deceptive animal rights group that promotes itself as an unbiased source of medical and nutritional information. PCRM's president also serves as president of the PETA Foundation.

6) PETA runs campaigns seemingly calculated to offend religious believers. One entire PETA website is devoted to the claim-despite ample evidence to the contrary-that Jesus Christ was a vegetarian. PETA holds protests at houses of worship, even suing one church that tried to protect its members from Sunday-morning harassment. Its billboards taunt Christians with the message that hogs “died for their sins.” PETA insists, contrary to centuries of rabbinical teaching, that the Jewish ritual of kosher slaughter shouldn't be allowed. And its infamous “Holocaust on Your Plate” campaign crassly compares the Jewish victims of Nazi genocide with farm animals.

7) PETA has repeatedly attacked research foundations like the March of Dimes, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the American Cancer Society, because they support animal-based research that might uncover cures for birth defects and life-threatening diseases. PETA president Ingrid Newkirk has said that “even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we would be against it.”
    http://www.petakillsanimals.com/index.cfm

Lovely group...
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ^ Validated source lacking such gross bias?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ^ More blogosphere SPAM. Thanks, but I'm full!
    Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    ^ More blogosphere SPAM. Thanks, but I'm full!
    OK, find something that discounts those stories. Show me something that indicates PETA doesn't kill animals and give money to terrorist organizations.

Besides, whether you believe what you read or not, you can't discount these "comics" from PETA aimed at little kids.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    OK, find something that discounts those stories. Show me something that indicates PETA doesn't kill animals and give money to terrorist organizations.
    Prove a blog wrong? Your journalistic integrity has taken a permanent leave of absence.

It's your little anti-PETA campaign. Support it with valid, cross-referenced hard data and I'll be glad to address it ... Unless propaganda, which even a child can see through, is the best you've got, that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    Prove a blog wrong? Your journalistic integrity has taken a permanent leave of absence.

It's your little anti-PETA campaign. Support it with valid, cross-referenced hard data and I'll be glad to address it ... Unless propaganda, which even a child can see through, is the best you've got, that is.
    I never said I was a journalist, nor did I say I had journalistic integrity.

As for the propaganda comics, that's enough to show the organization has no scruples and will gladly turn small impressionable children against their parents with cheap scare tactics.
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post

Besides, whether you believe what you read or not, you can't discount these "comics" from PETA aimed at little kids.

I think these are very effective images Your daddy is a killer ! Your mommy is a killer ! and so are you ! If these images bother you , your blocking . Not that killing to live or feed your young is bad but the way humans separate the murder from the meal is really psycho ! Any group of weirdoes trying to push against the established mindset is going to have some half baked ideas but don't throw out the good stuff . This goes for all groups we have to be able to expose the bull with out ignoring the insights
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Edited by Septimus, personal attack.
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 04/22/2007 at 02:56 PM.
    Backbeat, have you ever considered the very real possibilty that there really is more than one side to a topic, that your agenda is not the only valid agenda? Your statements are exceedingly out of line and down right vulgar. Consider toning yourself down a notch or two. Comments like "void of human integrity...offensive to all free-thinking people," and "I see..." are bordering a complaint.

Ben
    Also, PITA does have a documented history of involvement with terrorists. Ben
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ^ Add me to your lengthy 'ignore' list and you won't be troubled any longer. The controls are well within your grasp.

Ever consider the merit of blogs within the context of a real discussion? Pot-shot city and not worthy of consideration ... unless we're attempting to create a dumbing-down critical mass. Is that it?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast