Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
  1. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
       #1  
    This truly pissed me off. If this is true, and not propoganda, I am ROYALLY pissed off.

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e09_1173979407
    I gotta have more cowbell
  2. #2  
    The level to which this conflict was outsourced is truely frightening.
  3. #3  
    Conflict?
  4. #4  
    Yeah...if there is truth to this, I am totally shocked and dismayed.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    Conflict?
    Invasion/occupation/policeing = conflict
  6. #6  
    Did this happen before or after George Soros recently invested $62,000,000 into Halliburton?????

    Have you seen any other sources on this?
  7. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
       #7  
    no. this was the only source I saw. I was simply viewing liveleak.com when I came across it.

    I want to see more on this topic myself.
    I gotta have more cowbell
  8. #8  
    I don't want to belittle the risks to our soldiers.. in fact quite the opposite.

    If contaminated water supply is the worst thing the soldiers face in Iraq, then they are pretty darn lucky.

    I take the same awesome risk when I travel to India!! Any travel clinic or CDC guidelines to travel in tropical country has listings of such risks. We take precautions when using or drinking water and there are treatments for most illness caused by water supply. Watching the guy break up while talking about this was funny in itself.

    Most of the tropical 3rd world county population faces the risk of non-clean water supply. They are used to the parasites etc in it. Carter center is working with the Gates foundation to help the locals.

    Again: Being shot or blown up: Bad. Contaminated water supply:shrug.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  9. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
       #9  
    Shrug, eh? Have you ever been infected with a pathogen like malaria, cryptosporidia or the like? Do you know from experience how unpleasant these can be?
    How about if you brought it home to your wife and kids without knowing it? Think they'd go for it?
    Do you spend the same amount of time in India as these soldiers spend in Iraq?

    "I don't want to belittle the issue..." " but contaminated water? shrug" aprasad, that's really ALL you're doing here. You're being warned about what to expect or how to prevent water - borne diseases when you travel. That doesn't appear to be the case for our soldiers who go to Iraq. - THAT'S the point.

    Halliburton is being paid huge bucks to handle the water over there, while NOT doing the job. Our soldiers are bathing in it, and you're going.. oh, whatever. no biggie.
    You're making excuses for Halliburton here then, is that it? Wow, now how's that for a switch!!!

    Here take a bath in cryptosporidium and malaria larvae, aprasad. let me know how things go for ya, k? k.
    Last edited by vw2002; 03/17/2007 at 09:49 AM.
    I gotta have more cowbell
  10. #10  
    Haliburton, they make huge profits from bids handed over to them without competition, and with that they apparantly dont even live up to their committments to our troops. And now, after all we have handed to them on a silver platter, they just turn tail from the US and move their operations to Dubai. You want to know who made the biggest killing and who are the real winners in the war in Iraq? Its them.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    no. this was the only source I saw. I was simply viewing liveleak.com when I came across it.

    I want to see more on this topic myself.
    The clip is from a documentary called 'Iraq for Sale', so if you want to see more, start there.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    This truly pissed me off. If this is true, and not propoganda, I am ROYALLY pissed off.

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e09_1173979407
    I say it's propaganda, and I consider this man an *****. He claims to know about water treatment and he thinks malaria is transmitted over the water? What an incompetent fool. Cryptosporidia and Giardia are no serious problem for grown-up, healthy people like marines. Typhus can be serious, but there is vaccination, so typhus should be no problem at all for US soldiers.

    Of course water treatment may be bad/not as good as it could/should be, US soldiers will get the occasional diarrhea, but hardly any serious, let alone lasting health problems from that.

    Look how this pathetic guy almost breaks down because Marines SHOWER in that water every day. I'm sure they'd be happy if they could get a shower every day...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  13. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup View Post
    I say it's propaganda, and I consider this man an *****. He claims to know about water treatment and he thinks malaria is transmitted over the water? What an incompetent fool. Cryptosporidia and Giardia are no serious problem for grown-up, healthy people like marines. Typhus can be serious, but there is vaccination, so typhus should be no problem at all for US soldiers.

    Of course water treatment may be bad/not as good as it could/should be, US soldiers will get the occasional diarrhea, but hardly any serious, let alone lasting health problems from that.

    Look how this pathetic guy almost breaks down because Marines SHOWER in that water every day. I'm sure they'd be happy if they could get a shower every day...

    I would hope it would be propoganda as opposed to the alternative.
    Your opinion on this man is also noted. Malaria is typically transmitted through mosquito bites. If you are in the vicinity of water laden with larvae infected with malaria, you DO stand the chance of contracting it, particularly if you are in the area for long periods of time, as our soldiers are.

    The symptoms of cryptosporidia include dehydration
    weight loss, stomach cramps, fever, nausea, and vomiting. Our troops shouldnt have to endure the above types of issues in ADDITION to dealing with the daily life and death situations on the battlefield!!! If they were camping in the jungles of vietnam, that would be one thing.
    I gotta have more cowbell
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    Shrug, eh? Have you ever been infected with a pathogen like malaria, cryptosporidia or the like? Do you know from experience how unpleasant these can be?
    How about if you brought it home to your wife and kids without knowing it? Think they'd go for it?
    Do you spend the same amount of time in India as these soldiers spend in Iraq?

    "I don't want to belittle the issue..." " but contaminated water? shrug" aprasad, that's really ALL you're doing here. You're being warned about what to expect or how to prevent water - borne diseases when you travel. That doesn't appear to be the case for our soldiers who go to Iraq. - THAT'S the point.

    Halliburton is being paid huge bucks to handle the water over there, while NOT doing the job. Our soldiers are bathing in it, and you're going.. oh, whatever. no biggie.
    You're making excuses for Halliburton here then, is that it? Wow, now how's that for a switch!!!

    Here take a bath in cryptosporidium and malaria larvae, aprasad. let me know how things go for ya, k? k.
    Hey, I grew up with contaminated water, getting Hepatitis A when I was 9 years old. My resistance against diseases, especially enteric one's is lower now, having lived in relative luxury in the US for 25 yrs. I take the usual precautions that any traveler from US (or the 1st world) should take when traveling to the 3rd world.

    Agreed that Halliburton should do what they are being paid for. I was not convinced by this guy blubbering over contaminated water as a risk, compared to other bad things that could happen to the soldiers.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  15. #15  
    I wasn't very convinced in his sincerity, either. Maybe it was real, maybe not. Just not sure.

    I tried quite a bit of searching the net for corroboration, but did not find anything else.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup View Post
    I say it's propaganda, and I consider this man an *****. He claims to know about water treatment and he thinks malaria is transmitted over the water? What an incompetent fool. Cryptosporidia and Giardia are no serious problem for grown-up, healthy people like marines. Typhus can be serious, but there is vaccination, so typhus should be no problem at all for US soldiers.

    Of course water treatment may be bad/not as good as it could/should be, US soldiers will get the occasional diarrhea, but hardly any serious, let alone lasting health problems from that.

    Look how this pathetic guy almost breaks down because Marines SHOWER in that water every day. I'm sure they'd be happy if they could get a shower every day...
    hey you are supposed to only bash bush.. who are you alien and what did you do with clulup
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  17. #17  
    It's a tough call for clulup... showing disregard for the health of American troops vs. criticizing the competence of those managing the war. Since the problems were with a contractor, and not the US government directly, going against the troops was clearly the way to go.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    It's a tough call for clulup... showing disregard for the health of American troops vs. criticizing the competence of those managing the war. Since the problems were with a contractor, and not the US government directly, going against the troops was clearly the way to go.
    where did he go against the soldiers???
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  19. #19  
    in his post
  20. #20  
    I think clulup even stated Bush was right on one account! The horror of it all!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions