Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    I see nothing in your statements that warrents accusations and personal attacks. I hope 2007 is treating you well.
    Thanks a lot cellmatrix. 2007 is very good so far - hope yours is, too. Very busy year. No real time for nitpicking accusations as the above... Cheers, clulup
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    You said it's okay if American soldiers get diarrhea.

You said it's okay if American soldiers get diarrhea.
    No I didn't, never, nowhere. I said I don't think diarrhea or other waterborne diseases are a problem for the US soldiers, and that the man is the video is fake. I think it is unlikely that the soldiers get diarrhea at all, and even if, only mild forms and not typhus (because the are vaccinated) or cholera (because even Iraqis living in even less sophisticated conditions suffer from it only very rarely, luckily). In case you have evidence for the contrary, show it. Maybe 1911sforever can give some first hand experience?

Feel free to go on with your stubborn rant, as far as I am concerned, more than enough time has been wasted on this. Have a nice weekend.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup View Post
    No I didn't, never, nowhere.
    Yes you did. Right here:
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup View Post
    US soldiers will get the occasional diarrhea, but hardly any serious, let alone lasting health problems from that.
    Feel free to go on with your stubborn rant, as far as I am concerned, more than enough time has been wasted on this. Have a nice weekend.
    I was done after my first post. I thought Tool's question was a waste of time, and I tried to let it go, but you and he insisted on prolonging this silly discussion about your disregard for the health of US soldiers by having a different argument about whether disregarding the health of US soldiers is justified.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT View Post
    I think clulups last reply was clear enough, he did not say anything that was ill manered to US soldiers and you were the only one that iterpretated it that way..
    I suspect the root of this disagreement is that you don't know what "disregard" means.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    That history was mostly without antibiotics.

Contaminated water is bad. Not as bad as getting shot or blown up. Let's save our outrage for really bad things. Any tourist who travels to Africa or South Asia (or Iraq before the war) faces the same risk when he showers or eats at the local restaurant.

Soldiers having the runs are not effective soldiers. Halliburton should do what they are being paid to do. We should be upset at them.

Having said all that, waterborne diseases can be handled by modern medicine just fine. I have not read anywhere that soldiers are not getting good medical care in the field. Nor have I heard of any soldier dying from this. If they are, then we REALLY have something to get outraged about.

In case you or anyone else is interested, here are a couple more articles on the subject of antibiotic overuse the the emergence of drug resistant cholera strains.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...?artid=1173496
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/884310.stm
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123