Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    You've got to be kidding. Munkey, here's a banana, come get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ View Post
    Nothing we do to reduce the US's greenhouse gasses will make up for the increases generated by third world countries. Its all a scam to give GORE something to feel good about. Looking at the picture above I do not see a real problem. In fact my 4th floor office at 55 Water Street still appears to be above the water line.
    55 Water is my point of reference as well. To me, it looks like the water line is just 4 or 5 storeys below the 13th floor.

What's funny is that the water level seems to be several times higher in midtown, and ten times higher in NJ, enough to cover the cliffs. Apparently, global warming will also have a weird effect on gravity.
    I forgot 55 Water had 13 floors of that different pattern at the bottom. I actually haven't worked in that building for about 5 years now. My favorite thing about the building was the fact they they actually had a 13th floor instead of skipping it in the number sequence.
    I don't have a favorite thing about that building. I've been there countless times. Dark and dingy. Probably better since they renovated.

Did you happen to work at Bill H's bank?
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Waving his finger at some 40 House members, he said, “A day will come when our children and grandchildren will look back and they’ll ask one of two questions.”

Either, he said, “they will ask: what in God’s name were they doing?” or “they may look back and say: how did they find the uncommon moral courage to rise above politics and redeem the promise of American democracy?”
    I found this intersting and wonder why this was not reported in the MSM about the hearings?

GORE REFUSES TO TAKE PERSONAL ENERGY ETHICS PLEDGE

WASHINGTON, DC – Former Vice President Al Gore refused to take a “Personal Energy Ethics Pledge” today to consume no more energy than the average American household. The pledge was presented to Gore by Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), Ranking Member of the Environment and Public Works Committee, during today’s global warming hearing.

Senator Inhofe showed Gore a film frame from “An Inconvenient Truth” where it asks viewers: “Are you ready to change the way you live?”

Gore has been criticized for excessive home energy usage at his residence in Tennessee. His electricity usage is reportedly 20 times higher than the average American household.

Graph Link:

It has been reported that many of these so-called carbon offset projects would have been done anyway. Also, carbon offset projects such as planting trees can take decades or even a century to sequester the carbon emitted today. So energy usage today results in greenhouse gases remaining in the atmosphere for decades, even with the purchase of so-called carbon offsets.

Graphic link:

“There are hundreds of thousands of people who adore you and would follow your example by reducing their energy usage if you did. Don’t give us the run-around on carbon offsets or the gimmicks the wealthy do,” Senator Inhofe told Gore.

“Are you willing to make a commitment here today by taking this pledge to consume no more energy for use in your residence than the average American household by one year from today?” Senator Inhofe asked.

Senator Inhofe then presented Vice President Gore with the following

"Personal Energy Ethics Pledge:

As a believer:
    • that human-caused global warming is a moral, ethical, and spiritual issue affecting our survival;
    • that home energy use is a key component of overall energy use;
    • that reducing my fossil fuel-based home energy usage will lead to lower greenhouse gas emissions; and
    • that leaders on moral issues should lead by example;

I pledge to consume no more energy for use in my residence than the average American household by March 21, 2008.”
    Gore refused to take the pledge.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...e-887baa7069ca
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 03/27/2007 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    I was just reading the senator quote above opening remarks and at the end they had a link to a PDF that he put out titled:

A Skeptic's Guide to Debunking Global Warming Alarmism | Skeptics_Guide.pdf | 2.3 MBs

I have not read it (only skimmed through it) and certainly have not taken the time to follow his links documenting his claims....but thought it might be of interest to both sides of the fence here.
    I found this intersting and wonder why this was not reported in the MSM about the hearings?

who is the Toddfather and why doesn't he post what he wants to say here directly?
    This was from another forum.....Sorry for the confusion.....I have removed his name, but just wanted to give Toddfather credit bringing this part of the hearings to my attention, as many here know Toddfather in their former lives here at TC.
    This was from another forum.....Sorry for the confusion
    from one of your right wing blogger sites?
    What? You mean the The United States Senate Committee on Enviroment and Public Works ( http://epw.senate.gov/ ) right wing blog? It must be with Barbara Boxer as the Majority Chairman!
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 03/27/2007 at 06:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    who is the Toddfather and why doesn't he post what he wants to say here directly?
    aka Geatches
    exiled from TC last year
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    aka Geatches
    exiled from TC last year
    oh yes, Geatches - I remember him. Marlon Brando Jr. Very conservative and in your face about it, but funny too. Kind of like clairegirl, they were similar in that regard.
    Didn't they get married?
    "Very conservative and in your face about it, but funny too."

Love it. I see it, all the time. Do others? Some hope they don't, and just take it at face value...
    What? You mean the The United States Senate Committee on Enviroment and Public Works ( http://epw.senate.gov/ ) right wing blog? It must be with Barbara Boxer as the Majority Chairman!
    Hobbes, if you get your news reading senate transcripts, you set the example for all of us to follow.

When me and the rest of the country heard about Inhofe's pledge on the Glen Beck show, Beck and Inhofe were talking about the pledge and at the same time comparing Gore to the Nazi mass killer Goebbels, calling him "Gore-bels". It made me wonder, what kind of moderate middle of the road show is this (also why am I watching this)?

Sblanter, your humor is appreciated. Anyway, about the Beck show and Inhofe, I like conservative in your face and laughing about it too, but I am just a party pooper when it comes to the really "funny" stuff like this.

I need to watch less TV......
    Humor? No, that would be haha or lol. I just wonder how many realize propagandist style language when they see it. But, I think you know what my post referred to. Otherwise, I don't think you would have reponded the way you did. Revealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    Hobbes, if you get your news reading senate transcripts, you set the example for all of us to follow.
    I was home all day trying to pass kidney stones....what else was there to do but to read senate hearing transcripts???

(BTW...I really did read read a lot of them from the Gore hearing and found arguements from boths sides very interesting)
    Yeah, might be best to slow down on the couch potato activities.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    As with ALL politicians..."Do as I say not as I do" and we call and elect these people leaders.
    Good news, the supreme court has now declared that C02 emissions can by regulated by government environmental protection agencies just like any other pollutant. This is a major blow to Bush/Cheney and their "energy task force" but a major victory for the environment.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/bonds...00675720070402
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast