Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    "I look forward to future discoveries in this area."

Me, too. When we figure out for sure what can be done (if anything), that'll be great.
    When you stop being emotional about it and look at the facts you'll realize there are options to address it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I blame George Bush.
    Well, that's a given. The consensus is that the question is not "if" but "by how much" atmospheric greenhouse gasses will decrease on 20 January, 2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Well, that's a given. The consensus is that the question is not "if" but "by how much" atmospheric greenhouse gasses will decrease on 20 January, 2009.
    Well, if it is a Democrat we'll enter a period of peace and tranquility. The homeless will disappear overnight, and the economy will be roaring.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever View Post
    The homeless will disappear overnight...
    So they'll be taking lessons from Brazil on the environment and the homeless problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever View Post
    Well, if it is a Democrat we'll enter a period of peace and tranquility. The homeless will disappear overnight, and the economy will be roaring.
    Sometimes I wonder if putting complete idiots like Kerry in the election is really just simple genius. After all of the complaining, if they were to win an election, they would have a lot of implied promisses to keep.
    Last edited by sxtg; 03/19/2007 at 06:36 PM.
    Sometime I too wonder whether it is worth winning the next Presidency for the Dems. Look at all the mess they'll need to clean up.

I'd prefer a Repub. president and a big Dem. majority in the Congress. I'm ready for gridlock.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    FOS
    Insults do not change the scientific consensus on human activities/global warming - which even President Bush has accepted.

http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/mo...h/16614710.htm
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Everyone talks about global warming, but what is the temperature of the earth that they are using for a starting point, We know our normal body temp is 98.6 when that goes up or down we can take the appropriate measures. What is the starting point for the earth.
    Warming => direction of change.

The temp. is going up. See chart on this page
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Warming_Effects
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    "On global warming, specifically, there are a few issues that makes it worthwhile to consider the worst."

Well, no kidding. You always consider the worst that could happen with any issue you think is significant.
    "Insults do not change the scientific consensus on human activities/global warming - which even President Bush has accepted."

Wasn't trying to insult. I'm on a handheld, and that was my quick way to say I think the statement was incorrect (aka fos).

So I guess that now that Bush has fallen for it, we should all fall for it, hook, line, sinker?
    "Warming => direction of change."

Wow, where I'm at right now (CDT), the temps dropping. Drastically. Maybe I'm not looking at a large enough slice of time.

"The temp. is going up. See chart on this page
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Warming_Effects"

Wikipedia? For something this significant? May be good for preliminary info for later dissection.
    "On global warming, specifically, there are a few issues that makes it worthwhile to consider the worst."

Well, no kidding. You always consider the worst that could happen with any issue you think is significant."

By the way, you also consider the worst that could happen due to your "corrective" actions. And you also have figured out ahead of time how to reverse the crap you just got yourself into.
    Wasn't trying to insult. I'm on a handheld, and that was my quick way to say I think the statement was incorrect (aka fos).
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    So I guess that now that Bush has fallen for it, we should all fall for it, hook, line, sinker?
    In this case I think Bush is correct and you are FOS.
  15.    #55  
    New York Times March 21 Article Excerpt:

Former Vice President Al Gore, rejecting complaints by Republican lawmakers that he was waging an alarmist war on coal and oil use, insisted before Congressional panels today that human-caused global warming constitutes a “planetary emergency” requiring an aggressive federal response.

Mr. Gore, accompanied by his wife, Tipper, delivered the same blunt message to a joint meeting of two House subcommittees this morning and in written testimony prepared for a Senate hearing this afternoon: Humans are artificially warming the world, the risks of inaction are great, and meaningful cuts in emissions linked to warming will only happen if the United States takes the lead.

Evoking the hit movie “300,” about the ancient Spartans’ stand at Thermopylae, Mr. Gore called on Congress to put aside partisan differences, accept the scientific consensus on global warming as unambiguous and become “the 535,” a reference to the number of seats in the House and Senate.

Democrats and Republicans, he said, should emulate their British counterparts and compete to see how best to curb emissions of smokestack and tailpipe “greenhouse” gases that scientists have now firmly linked to a global warming trend.

Mr. Gore also proposed a 10-point legislative program, calling for everything from a tax on carbon emissions to a ban on incandescent light bulbs and a new national mortgage program to promote the use of energy-saving technologies in homes.

Sounding at times like a professor addressing a class and at others like a revivalist preacher, Mr. Gore arrived at the Rayburn House Office Building in his new black Mercury Mariner hybrid sports utility vehicle, gave a quick summary of the most recent science and statistics, then punctuated his mini-lecture with exhortations from his witness’s pulpit.

Waving his finger at some 40 House members, he said, “A day will come when our children and grandchildren will look back and they’ll ask one of two questions.”

Either, he said, “they will ask: what in God’s name were they doing?” or “they may look back and say: how did they find the uncommon moral courage to rise above politics and redeem the promise of American democracy?”

Full story
    There you go. Money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Waving his finger at some 40 House members, he said, “A day will come when our children and grandchildren will look back and they’ll ask one of two questions.”

Either, he said, “they will ask: what in God’s name were they doing?” or “they may look back and say: how did they find the uncommon moral courage to rise above politics and redeem the promise of American democracy?”
    I suspect they'll ask, "What in God's name were they doing?" But not for the reason that he thinks.
    No global warming? Look here....

And what is that?
    Nothing we do to reduce the US's greenhouse gasses will make up for the increases generated by third world countries. Its all a scam to give GORE something to feel good about. Looking at the picture above I do not see a real problem. In fact my 4th floor office at 55 Water Street still appears to be above the water line.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast