1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of companies that sell "digital paper" (not sure if thats the name of it) -- I remember hearing about it a year ago -- basically the "paper" is made up of thousands of tiny balls, black on one side and white on the other side -- and (I believe) through a magnetic wand, it would organize the balls to basically make an image ..

Thanks for any insight..

Joe
    I read something about this in the Wall Street Journal. I don't think they were predicting it to be available this year though, wish I could remember the name!
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    Sorry, I just have another vague answer as well.

I remember hearing that sometime last year, they came out with a monochromes digital paper system that was being used as in-store banners somewhere. When the banners needed to be changed, they just sent data to the paper and it 're-printed' itself.

Alas, that's all I remember.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    Originally posted by homer
    Sorry, I just have another vague answer as well.

I remember hearing that sometime last year, they came out with a monochromes digital paper system that was being used as in-store banners somewhere. When the banners needed to be changed, they just sent data to the paper and it 're-printed' itself.

Alas, that's all I remember.
    I think that was digital ink or E-Ink http://www.eink.com/
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams
    The Digital Paper is being developed by Xerox... They have been showcasing a mockup at EPCOT Center in DisneyWorld for a few years now. The idea is to have a scanner the size of a pen that stores the data and you run it over the digital paper to see the page you stored. The paper is made of thousands of half white half black balls which the wand sets to the correct orientation in order to produce the page.

Just passing along what I saw.

-David